Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Nakata

Has any BM's been to Hamburg in the last few years on a city break? Was thinking of booking for a weekend and was wondering could anyone recommend a hotel. Nothing too fancy and not a roach infected love hotel in the middle of the Reeperbahn. Something around the 50-70 euro per night level. The usual websites offer the usual info, but it's hard to beat a bit of first hand experience from people who've been.

boojangles

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 15, 2009, 10:09:09 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on June 05, 2009, 10:08:43 AM
Has anone ever been to Boston? What do you advise to do, go to see etc?
if you can , stay around the boston common/downtown area.
Great places to eat/drink/shopping etc
cant rem the name of the place but theres a great area with shops/food / bars in downtown beside city hall
then at the handcock tower theres the large shopping centre also with great food/drink places (I like the cheesecake fatory for dinner and the obligitory desserts )
Some great fish restaurants in Boston also. I could try to rem the names of a couple if you like?
Also go to harvard square north of the charles river, great vibe all around the university campus - again bars/food places all good.
John hancock bar and the house of blues around here.

if theres a game on in town baseball etc, then try get to see it as fenway park is great.
Lansdowne road beside fenway used to be the big nightclub area if you are into that kind of thing.

am sure if you checked out the info on trip advisor you would hear more /better ideas !

couple of shopping outlets outside of boston are good - wife reckons one is almost the best in america only slightly behind Orlando and way ahead of NY's woodberry common !

Lynchboy has you up to date mostly.Quincy Market is great for shopping,lots of little stalls.The Prudential centre is the largest building(after the Hancock) and is worth a trip up to.Great views and cocktails!!
South Shore Plaza is about 20 minutes South of Boston,massive department stores and great value for clothes.Don't leave without visiting the Cheesecake Factory,was never in to Cheesecake til I went there.Beautiful.
Fenway Park home of the Redsox,never made it there myself but its supposed to be a great experience if you can get Tickets.
If you can get rid of herself for a bit,take a look for Hooters bar,its down near Back bay if I can remember.Be careful not to Drool!! ;D
You should also try and get out to Canton,its about 30 minutes drive out of the city,South also.Its where all the GAA is played.Nearly always something going on during the summer on Sundays.theres a full bar there too.
Hope you enjoy

leenie

obv with the times that are in it, i can't afford to go anyone too exotic...

was looking at package holidays there.... and they certainly haven't come down in price....

so looked up flights and then hotels.... and can go to santa ponsa (good oul faithful place that it is) and can get flights and apartment for 300 euro each in sept.... working it around the all ireland ...(just in case  ::) )  ........

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Treasurer

Quote from: leenie on July 23, 2009, 10:13:48 PM

was looking at package holidays there.... and they certainly haven't come down in price....

so looked up flights and then hotels.... and can go to santa ponsa (good oul faithful place that it is) and can get flights and apartment for 300 euro each in sept.... working it around the all ireland ...(just in case  ::) )  ........

Leenie, if you're booking the apartments, do as much searching online as you can.  i've an apartment in Lanzarote next week - depending on which site I used I could have paid anyting from 230 to 570 for the same apartment!

Cúig huaire

Quote from: leenie on July 23, 2009, 10:13:48 PM

There are some great fully inclusive deals at the minute. Some of the more exotic resorts are being hit by the recession and have dropped their prices accordingly.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

maddog

Have any of ye ever been to Frankfurt ? Any advice on best places to visit etc ?

gerry

Well thats nearly the hols over for another year, two weeks of rain in a mobile in rossnowlagh sure you could not beat it.

Highlights so far have being;

Tyrone non appearance last sunday
Dublin zoo tomorrow hopefully
And ziggy outed as a mod
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Never beat the deeler

Has anybody flown with Korean airlines? I'm headin home for Xmas from Aus and am booked with this shower. Havent heard anythin about them    ???
Hasta la victoria siempre

Rois

Quote from: gerry on August 27, 2009, 06:57:59 PM
Well thats nearly the hols over for another year, two weeks of rain in a mobile in rossnowlagh sure you could not beat it.

Gerry I was down in the Surfers for a night, think it was when you were about, and it was dead as a doornail.  Oh apart from the two surfers that plonked themselves beside my friend and I, and invited us to a party in a tent that they were going to (drink) drive to.

Hmmm.

Off to Puerto Banus next Fri, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha.

Must get that skiing thread back up too, booking one of those bad boys next week.

5 Sams

Off to Ventry in the morning for a week with the animals......will they be depressed after Sunday though..... ???
The Aristocrat Years

Cúig huaire

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 28, 2009, 09:53:55 AM
Off to Ventry in the morning for a week with the animals......will they be depressed after Sunday though..... ???

Hope you are stopping off in Dublin in the morning to watch your clubmate?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Declan

Started to think about this years hols - Anyone been to Cuba recently?

ziggysego

Quote from: gerry on August 27, 2009, 06:57:59 PM
And ziggy outed as a mod

You're dreamin' sir.

Thinking of heading back to Lourdes this year.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on January 13, 2010, 09:25:21 AM
Started to think about this years hols - Anyone been to Cuba recently?

Yeah Declan, a friend of ours went last Easter and reported that it was great, but not great, if you catch my drift. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

Cheers BB. Missus isn't too keen but I have a hankering to see it before ould Fidel pops his clogs