Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anybody know of any good hotel deals for the Tayto Park, Zoo and Funtasia?  Heard something a while back about them but seen nothing since.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 23, 2015, 01:22:10 PM
Cheers for all the advice lads and lasses.

I looked at the rides on the Stratosphere I honestly dunno if I would even go near them.... sober. Drunk, maybe. Suppose I know what I have to do then.

down a long island iced tea at the bar at the top...makes you very brave :-)

NAG1

Anyone any experience of ferrying to France for hols?

Looking for a bit of info

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 23, 2015, 01:25:09 PM
Anybody know of any good hotel deals for the Tayto Park, Zoo and Funtasia?  Heard something a while back about them but seen nothing since.
Try the Carlton in Blanchardstown.

mick999

http://www.citynorthhotel.com/en/reservations/?price_group=8388608&kd=y

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 23, 2015, 11:24:04 AM
Any reccomendations for things to do in Vegas lads? Going with the gf in the summer.

Thinking Grand Canyon helicopter tour, gun range, take in a show or two (maybe one of the magic shows then something like the Cirque or Le Reve) as well as make a pig of myself eating.

Anything else I am missing?

Bit of gambling of course as well. Shopping.

Ask your Da...he's not long back from it FFS. He could tell u all the strip joints to go too and wans to stay away from ;)...Only messin...love to try Vegas out myself.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
Try the Carlton in Blanchardstown.

The Pillo in Ashbourne is handy to the park and not bad;

http://www.pillohotelashbourne.com/tayto-park.html

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rois on February 23, 2015, 01:06:29 PM
Death Valley is about 2 hours drive out if you like looking at varied landscapes.  You'd need to rent a car for the day but it was pretty spectacular.

Our plan this September includes a 3 or 4 day camping trip in the Grand Canyon.  Anyone done that before?

I had friends who did that when we lived in Arizona. Their photos were beautiful. They went to Havasupai Falls. Unbelievable scenary.

The photos were a fitting memorial to them all after the Rattlers got them.

muppet

Car rental is usually good value in the States and it gives you the freedom to go where you want when you want.
MWWSI 2017

Rois

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2015, 02:25:14 PM
Death Valley is about 2 hours drive out if you like looking at varied landscapes.  You'd need to rent a car for the day but it was pretty spectacular.

Our plan this September includes a 3 or 4 day camping trip in the Grand Canyon.  Anyone done that before?

I had friends who did that when we lived in Arizona. Their photos were beautiful. They went to Havasupai Falls. Unbelievable scenary.

I know I'm "biting" here but you are joking, aren't you?
The trips seem to depart from Flagstaff so I guess we will have to spend a night there.
Also thinking about driving to Monument Valley - did you visit that when in Az, AZ?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rois on February 23, 2015, 02:45:58 PM

The trips seem to depart from Flagstaff so I guess we will have to spend a night there.
Also thinking about driving to Monument Valley - did you visit that when in Az, AZ?

I'm joking of course. It was actually the scorpions, and the 'yotes ate the bodies :)

The cabins are supposed to be lovely down there. It sounded well worth doing.

Never did the Monument Valley thing, I think it's pretty sparse going apart from the big Cowboy Western scenery.

If you are on the South Rim, and thinking of things to do in Northern Arizona, and if the Monument Valley type scenery appeals to you, you should check out Sedona. It's fantastic. And it's got a few spas etc there now as well so you can get pampered if you like. The red rock and landscape is breathtaking as well.

Also up in northern Arizona is the option of boating on Lake Powell/Mead. Again, strange, beautiful landscapes in crystal clear lakes. We did that down in Lake Pleasant near Phoenix, and it is unreal just driving the boat around all these red rock canyons and the like. Well worth a day out of your holiday.

The Petrified Forest is up around there as well, and a friend of mine went up there and was very impressed.

Arizona has such varied scenery and geography. Flagstaff is forest country, You have the Canyon and the lakes around there, Red Rock Country around Sedona (which is just south of Flagstaff), Skiing on the east in Apache Mountains as well as in Flagstaff and Southern Arizona in the Winter, and of course the various deserts.

If you like that sort of thing, and outdoor activities hiking etc, Arizona is a hard place to beat.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Rois on February 23, 2015, 02:45:58 PM

Rois,

We done it for 1 night about 10 years ago - good experience but absolutely freezing at night. We hardly slept due to the cold but the scenery at night time is unreal...

Mikhailov

Anyone got any recommendations for Turkey - resorts, good locations etc.

Family of 6 but need plenty to do for all of them - pools, beaches, boat trips, water parts, shopping etc etc (nightmare). Don't necessarily prefer the big resorts - something mid size and a bit quieter may be best but open to all suggestions.

Would consider hotel, apart-hotel or villa hire if anyone wishes to share some experiences.

Don Johnson

Quote from: illdecide on February 23, 2015, 02:03:07 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on February 23, 2015, 11:24:04 AM
Any reccomendations for things to do in Vegas lads? Going with the gf in the summer.

Thinking Grand Canyon helicopter tour, gun range, take in a show or two (maybe one of the magic shows then something like the Cirque or Le Reve) as well as make a pig of myself eating.

Anything else I am missing?

Bit of gambling of course as well. Shopping.

Ask your Da...he's not long back from it FFS. He could tell u all the strip joints to go too and wans to stay away from ;)...Only messin...love to try Vegas out myself.

He's going back in June again sure. I'm there in July. If I need any advice for Vegas on a strict budget I will ask him! He wouldn't spend christmas.

illdecide

Lol...well you'd know better than anyone. I was thinking of booking Florida for next summer for the two kids, I've been there before so I know the craic but all of a sudden when there's two extra coming with you the cost is brutal...Jasus it's some money to try and save up for a holiday like that.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch