Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: Under Lights on July 01, 2014, 04:28:59 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 01, 2014, 02:13:57 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 01, 2014, 01:53:02 PM
Any nice family hotels in Westport that you would recommend?

Westport Plaza-big swimming pool and all-the whole works!

How far to the nearest beach?

we stayed in a house beside the Mulranny Park Hotel. Used their pool facilities a few times (excellent) and they have a kids club. Beach 5 mins walk (quite a few steps though). Handy  to Achille, Westport, Greenway, Nevins bar $ restaurant etc

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Bingo on July 01, 2014, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on July 01, 2014, 01:53:02 PM
Any nice family hotels in Westport that you would recommend?

If you prefer the self catering try the Harbour Mills apartments down by the harbour part of the town. Nice part of Westport with a few pubs and restaurants and close to the entrance of Westport House. It is about a ten walk into part.

They don't have a pool but you can avail of the use of the local leisure centre pool in the town for free.
Stayed there a couple of years ago, and would definitely recommend]

cornerback

Any recommendations for self-catering accommodation within approx. 2 hrs drive from South Derry.  Stayed in Castlehume, Enniskillen before - so something like that i.e. self-catering house but able to avail of the facilities/restaurants of Lough Erne Resort.  3 young children to entertain as well (eldest is 4).

Tony Baloney

Quote from: cornerback on July 02, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
Any recommendations for self-catering accommodation within approx. 2 hrs drive from South Derry.  Stayed in Castlehume, Enniskillen before - so something like that i.e. self-catering house but able to avail of the facilities/restaurants of Lough Erne Resort.  3 young children to entertain as well (eldest is 4).
:'(

Do what I'm doing and send them away for a few days and stay at home yourself!

BenDover

Heading to a house in Mount Shannon at the start of August, anyone know if there's much to do down that direction?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 02:07:08 PM
Heading to budapest in a  couple of weeks with the missus, anyone recommend anything to see/do?

Bump
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aristo 60

I am off on the first holiday of the year on Wednesday.

I will be with another Gaaboard member - but which one?:

a) Ardtole
b) T Fearon
c) O'Neill
d) Rois
e) Muppet

Which other members are most likely/unlikely to holiday together?

Gabriel_Hurl

For the honeymoon - we are going to Southern Africa - 5 days on the south coast of South Africa and then a 10 day safari in Zambia, Zimbabwe and ending up in Johannesburg

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 07, 2014, 06:43:09 PM
For the honeymoon - we are going to Southern Africa - 5 days on the south coast of South Africa and then a 10 day safari in Zambia, Zimbabwe and ending up in Johannesburg

Went on Honeymoon to South Africa myself earlier this year. Couldn't recommend it enough. Fantastic country for a holiday
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2014, 06:29:06 PM
d) Rois

I think she mentioned that she was getting married in the Alps in July.
Not sure, maybe she didn't. ;D

I reckon you're going over for her wedding.
Ha - I'm here and it's lashing!!
At least there's a load of pubs...

haranguerer

Def away over for Rois' wedding (in answer to Aristos q)

Have a great time Rois - and congrats!

DoireGael

Anyone been to Hvar in Croatia? Any knowledge or info on it?

DennistheMenace

Beatiful place, couldn't recommend highly enough. Flying into Split?

DoireGael

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 09, 2014, 09:39:44 AM
Beatiful place, couldn't recommend highly enough. Flying into Split?

Yeah flying to split. Whats the costs like? Pint? Eating out? Activities? Nightlife?

I've heard its stunning...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 02, 2014, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 02:07:08 PM
Heading to budapest in a  couple of weeks with the missus, anyone recommend anything to see/do?

Bump

one more try

anyone?