Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

London...best city in the world after NYC...imho.
The Aristocrat Years

Ball Hopper

Anyone been to Malta?

Hardy

I'd say they get millions every year.

Hardy

Anyway, if you're going for a weekend, it'd be hard to find a city you wouldn't enjoy, find interesting things to do in, good food, absorbing local culture, etc.

The only exceptions I can think of, among places I've been, are Birmingham and Coventry (neither on a pleasure trip, thankfully). 

CD

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2014, 10:25:05 PM
I may sound like I'm on the tourist board for this place as I always suggest it but I've never even been..............Dubrovnik looks very nice.

Berlin would be up my list too.

Love Dubrovnik - great spot although the oul pebble beaches are quare and sore on the hoop after an hour or two!  A distinct lack of English theme pubs selling double egg on chips for breakfast is also appealing. On the down side, that wee part of the Adriatic takes 8 years to refresh entirely (apparently) so it's also the most polluted part of the Med.
Berlin is fantastic - great city for a long weekend and a few beers!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyCake

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 28, 2014, 10:19:42 PM
10 year wedding anniversary is a month away ;D

We are looking at a European weekend away somewhere, any suggestions?

Already been to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome and Barcelona but apart from that........

If I were to do the Euro city holiday I'd like somewhere lesser known like Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bilbao, Toulouse etc, or even UK cities like Nottingham, Bath, York, Lincoln etc. Something different than the usual stuff in Liverpool, Newcastle, London, and somewhere with a bit of character and history about it.

ziggy90

Quote from: Hardy on March 29, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
Anyway, if you're going for a weekend, it'd be hard to find a city you wouldn't enjoy, find interesting things to do in, good food, absorbing local culture, etc.

The only exceptions I can think of, among places I've been, are Birmingham and Coventry (neither on a pleasure trip, thankfully).

Says Hardy, the poor mans "Alan Whicker".
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ziggy90

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 28, 2014, 10:26:45 PM

Agreed 5 Sams.

Hardy

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 29, 2014, 04:56:08 PM

Oops, have I caused offence?

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on March 29, 2014, 05:40:22 PM

I think ziggy hangs out in Birmingham ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Subbie

Have to disagree, after NYC it's Berlin all day long for me, lived in London and it's a good spot but it doesn't quite hit the heights for me that Berlin does.

ziggy90

Ignorance never offends me.

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 30, 2014, 08:39:33 AM

Ignorance never offends me.

Any spell check involved there Zig ? ;)

ziggy90

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 29, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

Agreed 5 Sams.

im pretty sure they dont have any sams!