Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandofgod

The wedding is today and its one of the pomeroy players Ollie mccreesh.

WT4E

Quote from: Club boi on April 21, 2017, 11:52:20 AM
I've said it before, only a matter of time before "Club" players are contracted to their County for that playing year and Club League Football goes on ahead without them. Would sort this shambles from happening. No point holding up league games for 90% of players just to keep 1 man and his 10% happy

Make them available for Club Championship yeah but let the league games go ahead.

No wonder the youth are disinterested and player drop outs after 18 are so high

County Team make up about 1% of the adult playing population in Tyrone by my quick calculations!

Micky is a tyrant - how long before he is over thrown by the rebels?

Redhand Santa

Yeah cause a new manager is going to come in and free up the players to play club football every weekend whilst still having Tyrone winning all Irelands playing open attacking football. The only issue I have is with the timing of the request for the training weekend.

When you see what other counties are doing it wasn't an unreasonable request to have the players for one of the 6 weekends pre Derry game. He wasn't even demanding that the games were cancelled just moved to mid week.

Midweek games happen in local soccer and other counties and in a one off scenario weren't the big deal they were made out to be. Harte is far from perfect but has been allowed clubs access to their county players as much if not more than other top county managers in recent years.

This board has got terrible. Full of crying and yapping and over dramatising everything. Just like other forms of social media I guess. The majority of people now on the Tyrone pages complain in at least 75 per cent of messages. There's been 2 full rounds of club games and plenty of underage games with very little talked about them. The county players and management give an awful lot to the county and don't deserve half the crap they get.

Under Lights

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 21, 2017, 02:17:03 PM
Yeah cause a new manager is going to come in and free up the players to play club football every weekend whilst still having Tyrone winning all Irelands playing open attacking football. The only issue I have is with the timing of the request for the training weekend.

When you see what other counties are doing it wasn't an unreasonable request to have the players for one of the 6 weekends pre Derry game. He wasn't even demanding that the games were cancelled just moved to mid week.

Midweek games happen in local soccer and other counties and in a one off scenario weren't the big deal they were made out to be. Harte is far from perfect but has been allowed clubs access to their county players as much if not more than other top county managers in recent years.

This board has got terrible. Full of crying and yapping and over dramatising everything. Just like other forms of social media I guess. The majority of people now on the Tyrone pages complain in at least 75 per cent of messages. There's been 2 full rounds of club games and plenty of underage games with very little talked about them. The county players and management give an awful lot to the county and don't deserve half the crap they get.

Great post Redhand.

Up The Middle

This is the problem. Its not up to him to allow players to play for their clubs. It should be the other way round. If it wasnt for the clubs in the country there would be no county team and Harte wouldnt have a position. You have always defended Harte, but even you at this stage must start seeing the normal club players gripe here. Ive stated before i couldnt care less if Tyrone never win another All Ireland, i would far rather my club win an Oneill cup. Why is it yapping? Is it because our opinions dont match yours?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 21, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

This is the problem. Its not up to him to allow players to play for their clubs. It should be the other way round. If it wasnt for the clubs in the country there would be no county team and Harte wouldnt have a position. You have always defended Harte, but even you at this stage must start seeing the normal club players gripe here. Ive stated before i couldnt care less if Tyrone never win another All Ireland, i would far rather my club win an Oneill cup. Why is it yapping? Is it because our opinions dont match yours?

Like it or not the county manager in every county has a big say in the access of the players to the clubs. It's not a Tyrone thing and no matter who replaced harte they'd still have a say. People are very quick to criticse harte and the players when they play poorly but expect them to have less preparation than other counties.

To me the big issue for clubs is once the championship starts and the lack of certainty over when the next game is. It was a slight inconvenience moving one the first 6 games to midweek but it shouldnt have been a huge issue. There is a national problem with fixtures once the championship starts.

Tyrone county board tried to address the issue as best they could within the current system by changing the structure of the leagues. This would have allowed 11 starred games whilst still ensuring county players were there for same ratio of points. This would have allowed regular games all summer and certainty over games at that time. It was a poor decision to vote against it in my opinion.

WT4E

Dublin are the best team in Ireland - They played there 1st round of championship last night and this included U21 players who have an all ireland final tomorrow week.

I know there are similarities with other counties but for people to be blind to what Micky is doing in this case says to me that they are merely followers of a cult leader.

Calling late player away weekends - calling late training games - telling players not to play - Its just not right!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on April 21, 2017, 03:08:30 PM
Dublin are the best team in Ireland - They played there 1st round of championship last night and this included U21 players who have an all ireland final tomorrow week.

I know there are similarities with other counties but for people to be blind to what Micky is doing in this case says to me that they are merely followers of a cult leader.

Calling late player away weekends - calling late training games - telling players not to play - Its just not right!

And if Tyrone played their club championship games this early there'd be a huge outcry that it was for money or to get the games out of the road.

And if we're going to talk Dublin why not compare the player availability v Tyrone. McMahon or copper from Dublin recently said they only played 4 games for their club last year due to county commitments. Gavin has huge access too his players.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 21, 2017, 03:14:57 PM

And if Tyrone played their club championship games this early there'd be a huge outcry that it was for money or to get the games out of the road.

And if we're going to talk Dublin why not compare the player availability v Tyrone. McMahon or copper from Dublin recently said they only played 4 games for their club last year due to county commitments. Gavin has huge access too his players.

The games continue in Dublin without them, they come to a standstill here when county men aren't available. If Tyrone clubs adopted a policy of fielding without county men and it meant constant football for all club players both senior and reserve id be all for it.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

redhandefender

Yeah there is a load going round twitter today about a Ballyboden exodus to the states I am sure the yankee clubs are swarming.

And you have a point, think the problem is harte has been about so long, and dropped so many players that all their fellow club men take this as a personal insults. These guys are all waiting in the wings to slam him and having a field day now.

You will never please some yaps and they will be the first out celebrating if tyrone win ulster

Redhand Santa

On the last point too this was one training weekend and one weekend set of fixtures that he requested to change (not cancel). One out of 6 pre the Derry game, the other 5 will go ahead with no issue I'm sure and one he wanted to move to midweek. Things are being blown out of proportion.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 21, 2017, 03:18:26 PM

The games continue in Dublin without them, they come to a standstill here when county men aren't available. If Tyrone clubs adopted a policy of fielding without county men and it meant constant football for all club players both senior and reserve id be all for it.

Wouldn't like to see it get to that stage as games are better for having the best players involved. Some form of compromise is needed though. Definitely thought the county board solution of 11 starred games would have improved the fixtures with more regular games all summer. Was surprised how many were against it.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on April 21, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

Yeah there is a load going round twitter today about a Ballyboden exodus to the states I am sure the yankee clubs are swarming.

And you have a point, think the problem is harte has been about so long, and dropped so many players that all their fellow club men take this as a personal insults. These guys are all waiting in the wings to slam him and having a field day now.

You will never please some yaps and they will be the first out celebrating if tyrone win ulster
the only people who will be celebrating  winning ulster playin muck football are assholes like you in mickeys cult.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 21, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on April 21, 2017, 03:18:26 PM

Wouldn't like to see it get to that stage as games are better for having the best players involved. Some form of compromise is needed though. Definitely thought the county board solution of 11 starred games would have improved the fixtures with more regular games all summer. Was surprised how many were against it.

Cant understand anyone being against it. If club players were getting games consistently then the majority would be happy. It is eventually going to get to the stage that players are contracted to Tyrone and wont get to play for their clubs like rugby. Not something I would like to see but that's the road its heading imo.

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 21, 2017, 03:33:09 PM

On the last point too this was one training weekend and one weekend set of fixtures that he requested to change (not cancel). One out of 6 pre the Derry game, the other 5 will go ahead with no issue I'm sure and one he wanted to move to midweek. Things are being blown out of proportion.

Wouldn't be so sure about this bit!