The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Karius still having an awful time of it. First his pre-season montage video, then a howler during a warmup last week caught on camera and now another howler from a free kick gives up a goal against Tranmere.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2018, 09:37:22 PM
Karius still having an awful time of it. First his pre-season montage video, then a howler during a warmup last week caught on camera and now another howler from a free kick gives up a goal against Tranmere.
Just seen it there. Pretty bad miskake alright.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Liverpool should be on to Shamrock Rovers about their young keeper. Get him young and cheap.

trailer

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2018, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2018, 09:37:22 PM
Just seen it there. Pretty bad miskake alright.

I enjoyed the Tranmere player turning round and saying 'You're f**king shit' which of course he is.

TabClear

https://www.balls.ie/football/dejan-lovren-best-defender-world-392662

Easy Dejan, too many reads of Nicola Bendtner's book by the sound of it!! ;D ;D

To be fair to him he has had a great tournament and if he could transfer this form to Liverpool him and VVD would be a serious partnership. Still too prone to catastrophic errors though

johnnycool

Quote from: TabClear on July 12, 2018, 08:54:09 AM

To be fair to him he has had a great tournament and if he could transfer this form to Liverpool him and VVD would be a serious partnership. Still too prone to catastrophic errors though

He doesn't have Modric, Rakatic and Perocich (sp) playing in front of him at Anfield.

TabClear

Quote from: johnnycool on July 12, 2018, 09:26:25 AM

He doesn't have Modric, Rakatic and Perocich (sp) playing in front of him at Anfield.

To be fair i dont think Lovren would complain too much about what is in front of him at Anfield from a defensive perspective. If anything the likes of Henderson, Milner, Winjaldum etc are probably more defensively minded than the Croatian midfield. Over his shoulder on the other hand is a completely different matter!

laoislad

In fairness Lovern has been pretty solid since the Spurs game at Wembley. He was excellent also in the Champions League final and has had a excellent World Cup so far.
Yes there is definitely always a fear with him he is always moments away from a ridiculous error but credit where credit is due, he has been in great form recently.
I wonder how much did his personal problems affect him on the pitch.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2018, 09:44:29 AM

In fairness Lovern has been pretty solid since the Spurs game at Wembley. He was excellent also in the Champions League final and has had a excellent World Cup so far.
Yes there is definitely always a fear with him he is always moments away from a ridiculous error but credit where credit is due, he has been in great form recently.
He did play great in the CL final, but still wouldnt trust him.
He was poor last night in the first half, couldnt handle Sterling and it affected other parts of his game. For the second half and ET though, he did play very well. Perhaps helped by England not giving the ball to Sterling anymore and then taking him off!
What problems does/did he have?

blewuporstuffed

The Shaqiri rumours starting again, looks like they are going to get him.
A pretty good signing i think, for the sort of money they are talking he should provide a bit of quality to the squad an allow the chance to rest mane/salah from time to time
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on July 12, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2018, 09:44:29 AM

He did play great in the CL final, but still wouldnt trust him.
He was poor last night in the first half, couldnt handle Sterling and it affected other parts of his game. For the second half and ET though, he did play very well. Perhaps helped by England not giving the ball to Sterling anymore and then taking him off!
What problems does/did he have?
His wife had an affair I think and wasn't his home robbed one night while his wife and kids were at home.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 12, 2018, 11:39:42 AM
The Shaqiri rumours starting again, looks like they are going to get him.
A pretty good signing i think, for the sort of money they are talking he should provide a bit of quality to the squad an allow the chance to rest mane/salah from time to time

You'd have to be worried about his attitude though

Louvren saved Croatia last nite, Kane had a diving header but for him taking it off his forehead
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

cadhlancian

Regardless of the World Cup and pre season games, Klopps failure to get a keeper is bizarre. He isn't Karius's dad ffs! I'm all for giving a lad a second chance, but I've a feeling this one will cost him his job. Is Mignolet going to be the starter now? Crazy that they haven't addressed this. f**king crazy...

Milltown Row2

Louvern has been a rock for Croatia.. probably be hard start to the season for these guys when they return to their clubs after the final!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea