Laois Junior Football Championship

Started by SCFC, July 21, 2015, 12:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

It's a crap lousy system. No second team should play championship prior to their first team playing. Nor should a third team play before a second team has.

Hospital Pass

Its something that I've been saying for years. totally unfair system. We have it completely backwards. We have the Junior C and B football starting first, followed by Junior A and Intermediate and last is the senior. Thats just plain wrong and only benefits the bigger clubs.

TheGreatGame

I'd have to agree with the above posts.  Our football team (The Harps) was made up primarily of lads who only play football, with a few hurlers thrown in.  We played two championship matches in six days and are now out of it.  We typically get stronger as the year goes on, while the two teams that beat us will lose their 3/4 best players and get weaker.  It makes absolutely no sense and leaves clubs like mine who are struggling to keep football going fairly disillusioned.

Dave like the tv channel

The perennial complaint about the lower championships goes on. Laois County Board could deal with this easily and change the face of the intermediate and junior championships simply by running the higher ones first. It's not rocket science.

SCFC

Entertaining game the other night in Emo between Port and Stradbally. Strad finished strong to win 3-11 to 3-10.

Kinda surprised as I thought Port might go OK in this.

O'Dempseys won the other game handy enough against Ballylinan.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 25, 2015, 10:35:44 PM
Laois Shopping Centre JFC draw: Winners side: Barrowhouse v Rosenallis; St Joseph's v Park/Rath; B'roan Abbey v Port; The Heath v Ballylinan Losers side: O'Dempseys (Bye); Mountmellick v Portlaoise; The Rock v Graiguecullen; The Harps v Stradbally

Is this a Bye I see?
In the 2nd Round is it?

Am I missing something?!  ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 20, 2015, 11:35:13 PM
Laois Shopping Centre JFC draw: Winners side: Barrowhouse v Rosenallis; St Joseph's v Park/Rath; B'roan Abbey v Port; The Heath v Ballylinan Losers side: O'Dempseys (Bye); Mountmellick v Portlaoise; The Rock v Graiguecullen; The Harps v Stradbally

Is this a Bye I see?
In the 2nd Round is it?

:) Castletown Slieve Bloom pulled out causing that bye. It's more a walkover technically!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on August 21, 2015, 02:22:05 PM
:) Castletown Slieve Bloom pulled out causing that bye. It's more a walkover technically!

Slieve Bloom Castletown technically! :D ;D

Phew!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 21, 2015, 02:36:17 PM

Slieve Bloom Castletown technically! :D ;D

Phew!

Oops, got to get things in the right order. I should know. Emo-Courtwood or Courtwood-Emo is very important!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

The Heath v Rosenallis is the stand out quarter final. Think the winners of it will be favourites to win it out.
Barrowhouse should beat Stradbally, think Joes will edge Odempseys and Park will hammer Ballyroan Abbey.

The Monument Road

Quote from: SCFC on August 26, 2015, 08:39:30 PM
The Heath v Rosenallis is the stand out quarter final. Think the winners of it will be favourites to win it out.
Barrowhouse should beat Stradbally, think Joes will edge Odempseys and Park will hammer Ballyroan Abbey.
I doubt the Joe's will get passed ODs. More then half of their junior team have played senior since last round.The heath lost none. So i see it between Barrowhouse and the Heath

HurlingCountry

Joes should have enough firepower to beat O'D, seemily a huge pic and even though lost a few wouldnt be suprised to see them win

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 26, 2015, 11:50:29 PM
Quote from: SCFC on August 26, 2015, 08:39:30 PM
I doubt the Joe's will get passed ODs. More then half of their junior team have played senior since last round.The heath lost none. So i see it between Barrowhouse and the Heath
O'D's have lost half their original junior team too. Be nice to see Barrowhouse getting up a grade.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 20, 2015, 11:35:13 PM

Is this a Bye I see?
In the 2nd Round is it?

Shur, twould be no problem anyway. The County Board would only have to cancel relegation. Easy fix....especially if a certain team is involved.

Helix

The Heath beat Rosenallis 1.11 to 7 points tonight. Down 5.3 at HT. Good win hopefully push on and finish the job.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail