The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

B notes      

Harps eventually came through a very tight fought encounter with Granemore in the preliminary round of the B championship on Wednesday night in Abbey Park.

The opening 10 minutes saw the teams trade points with Marty McKenna, Ciaran McKenna and Mickey Kelly registering for Harps; with the teams level on 3 points apiece Granemore capitalised on a Harps’ defensive mistake to score the only goal of the game.  Harps’ responded positively and replied with points from Darren Ward (2), Damien McShane and a Paul McKenna free, with half time approaching Granemore added 2 further points, but another Paul McKenna free for Harps sent the teams in level at 0-8 to 1-5.

Harps opened the second half in determined fashion and quickly added 2 points from play from Paul McKenna and Damien McShane to lead 0-10 to 1-5, Granemore scored 3 of the next 4 scores (in between Marty McCoy pointed brilliantly  from play) to level the game at 0-11 to 1-8 with 15 minutes to go.  Harps then stepped up a gear to score 5 points to Granemore’s 1 in the remaining time with points from Marty McCoy and the increasingly influential Paul McKenna.  Granemore searched for a late goal to close the gap but Harps’ defence stood firm to hold on for a 0-16 to 1-9 win.

Overall, an excellent team performance with outstanding contributions from Liam McAuley, Marty McKenna, Mickey Kelly, Paul Mckenna, Marty McCoy and Darren Ward.  The team lined out as follows:
Sean Daly; Jamie Black, Ciaran Clifford, Jim Marley; Patrick Wilson, Neil McArdle (C), Liam McAuley; Martin McKenna; Ciaran McKenna; Mickey Kelly; Paul McKenna; Martin McCoy; Darren Ward; Damien McShane; Peter Quigley. Subs: Colin McBride, Anthony McElmeel, Aidan Clifford, Mark Lennon, Declan Morris, Gregory Kerr, Paul Hagan.

Next up is an away fixture to Middletown on Wednesday 16th May, players to assemble in Abbey for 6.15pm. May 23rd we are away to Keady in the championship. Note Change of date - my mistake.

Scarface

'From all accounts Harpo had a stormer, maybe this is his way of proving to the senior managment team that he is worth his place!'

Are you for real here - I mean really?????

laughinpaddy

Quote from: Scarface on May 03, 2007, 01:59:03 PM
'From all accounts Harpo had a stormer, maybe this is his way of proving to the senior managment team that he is worth his place!'

Are you for real here - I mean really?????

Absolutely  ;)
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Spiritof98

harpo indeed had a very good second half scoring points (not usually his forte) from play, frees and a sideline with the outside of the boot. He was heard issuing a warning in the changing rooms afterwards to wee Joe regarding the senior teams freetaking ;)

Good win for the Harps, really impressed by several of the younger guys, McCoy, looks really classy on the ball and has the balls to match.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Candyman

Quote from: Spiritof98 on May 03, 2007, 02:24:33 PM
harpo indeed had a very good second half scoring points (not usually his forte) from play, frees and a sideline with the outside of the boot. He was heard issuing a warning in the changing rooms afterwards to wee Joe regarding the senior teams freetaking ;)

he cant hit free's from the dug-out (beside me...) ;)

Uladh

Took a trip to see the game against cross. vernon had his best game in a while. what has happened to joe quigley? he carried no scoring threat at all. i was disappointed at how easily harps bowed the knee to cross given it was a championship dress rehearsal.

Rufus T Firefly

Very disappointing result yesterday against City rivals, Pearse Og. Harps led for most of the game but were undone in the closing minutes when the Pearse Og notched 2-2 without reply, to finish victors by 5 points.

Best for us were Martin Gill in defence and Kevin Kelly in attack. Best wishes to Liam McAuley and Joe Quigley for speedy recoveries, as both lads had to leave the field with injuries.

A full report of the match has been posted on the Harps website! Hope you enjoy it Gerry!  :(

www.armaghharps.com

Iron Fist

Rufus,Even though it was a local derby match,JJ Clarke should have been sent off for his thuggery towards Chucky,i wonder if he had of had a different surname would he have been given a straight red card,which he deserved,this harps team is very young,and it will take a few years to reach their full potential.It is a big step up  to senior level, their time wil come. Dom, Gola and Magoo will bring out the best of them.When the squad is fully fit and together they will come good,

maddog

Quote from: Iron Fist on May 11, 2007, 12:57:01 PM
Rufus,Even though it was a local derby match,JJ Clarke should have been sent off for his thuggery towards Chucky,i wonder if he had of had a different surname would he have been given a straight red card,which he deserved,this harps team is very young,and it will take a few years to reach their full potential.It is a big step up  to senior level, their time wil come. Dom, Gola and Magoo will bring out the best of them.When the squad is fully fit and together they will come good,

Crap refereeing, Ebby toal and his marker traded blows for quite a while and the ref did nothing.

Smokin Joe

this harps team is very young,and it will take a few years to reach their full potential.It is a big step up  to senior level, their time wil come.

From an outsider's point of view the same things have been said for 5 or 6 years now, and you don't seem any closer to gathering up a team capable of winning (or even finishing second to Cross) a county championship.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 12, 2007, 02:10:11 PM
this harps team is very young,and it will take a few years to reach their full potential.It is a big step up  to senior level, their time wil come.

From an outsider's point of view the same things have been said for 5 or 6 years now, and you don't seem any closer to gathering up a team capable of winning (or even finishing second to Cross) a county championship.

No team have come close to beating Cross in the championship over the last 11 years  :o
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Uladh

The Ogs and Killeavy came very close

tackle

Quote from: Uladh on May 12, 2007, 03:05:27 PM

The Ogs and Killeavy came very close
Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 12, 2007, 02:25:30 PM

No team have come close to beating Cross in the championship over the last 11 years  :o
Are use two jokers for real?  Ogs and Killeavy one off matches.  Dromintee have beeen consistently a kick of the ball away from beating cross!  Uladh are u not meant to be from dromintee?  All u are is a negative p***k!

Uladh

The question was had anyone come close to beating cross in the last 11 years...

Killeavy had them dead and buried (6 up with 10 mins left) and ogs were 3 up with time up. is that not coming close to beating them?

Dromintee haven't been in a position where anyone could have thought dromintee had the game won at any stage that i remember?

I'm not from Dromintee.

Now crawl back under your rock you arse.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on May 12, 2007, 02:25:30 PM

Hedley, why don't you read my sentence again. ::)