eBay

Started by attheraces, June 29, 2011, 10:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

Hey guys, the woman recently put an item up on eBay. Well thing is she only put it up yesterday and its a 10 day auction, but she has a Buy It Now offer from a user. What way does she go about accepting a Buy It Now offer? Or what is the best way of going about it? And by the way the listing does not have a Buy It Now option.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Karl Kennedy

If you go to edit the listing you can add a Buy It Now price (That option should be around the area where you put the price of the starting bid). Make sure to get it in before any bids are placed though as you won't be able to add it if anyone has already bid.

attheraces

There has already been a bid. Do I have any other options no?

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: attheraces on June 29, 2011, 10:37:31 PM
There has already been a bid. Do I have any other options no?

You could end the listing and relist it again with a buy it now option and make sure the person who offered it uses the buy it now right away as again if there was to be a bid the Buy It Now would disappear.

attheraces

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: attheraces on June 29, 2011, 10:44:10 PM
Thanks KK

No bother. Give me a shout if ya need anything else.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Link

Selling a few things on ebay. Limited it to the UK then someone from italy emailled me asking could i send an xbox to him if he won the bidding.

Any one have any idea on what the p+p will be? Should i sent it as recorded delivery?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Link on December 14, 2011, 10:39:13 AM
Selling a few things on ebay. Limited it to the UK then someone from italy emailled me asking could i send an xbox to him if he won the bidding.

Any one have any idea on what the p+p will be? Should i sent it as recorded delivery?

Can't you check that on Royal Mail website? I think you can just stick in the lxbxh of the box and how many KG's it weighs.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Link on December 14, 2011, 10:39:13 AM

Royal Mail track and trace does not work outside the UK. You then have no way of proving the item was delivered. Buyer claims he never received the item and gets his money back. ebay/paypal are twunts.

Link

I knew there was something fishy but he has feedback of around 600 so it might be ok!

fitzroyalty

Got the winning bid there for an iPhone. Complete novice when it comes to eBay...

First question is, am I totally covered when I pay using PayPal? It's a reasonably good deal as I've got about £50/60 off on what it normally retails for, don't want to be sent an empty box though. Do eBay cover you when you get ripped off?

Second question, what happens if I decide not to pay? Does my username just get a bad rating or is it worse than that?

Windmill abu

QuoteFirst question is, am I totally covered when I pay using PayPal? It's a reasonably good deal as I've got about £50/60 off on what it normally retails for, don't want to be sent an empty box though. Do eBay cover you when you get ripped off?

Second question, what happens if I decide not to pay? Does my username just get a bad rating or is it worse than that?

Why would you decide not to pay...

Dont get involved in online transactions which you dont intend to pay for.

This is regarded as theft in most countries.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ross4life

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 31, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
Got the winning bid there for an iPhone. Complete novice when it comes to eBay...

First question is, am I totally covered when I pay using PayPal? It's a reasonably good deal as I've got about £50/60 off on what it normally retails for, don't want to be sent an empty box though. Do eBay cover you when you get ripped off?

Your covered using Paypal.

Read up about the user you bought the phone off if he has a good rating with good reviews all should be fine.

If you decide not to pay the phone it won't be sent out, you'll get plenty of emails asking for payments & bad rating.

Finally sometimes cheaper products on Ebay are from asian countries once they enter Ireland the revenue will put on extra charge,to avoid that extra charge you could email the seller & tell him to mark your package as a gift.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open