Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Anyword on Niall Brennan

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on April 07, 2017, 08:50:41 AM
Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on April 07, 2017, 08:42:55 AM
Brian Dalys appeal was rejected, I believe its going to the DRA now.
f**k sake. What a cuntish place we're in where clubs are going to the DRA to take their neighbours players. No wonder this county is fucked.
Agree fully but has Daly himself no imput into it at all. Is he being kidnapped, why isnt he playing with his club right now. In a tango you need two participants

clonadmad

f**k sake. What a cuntish place we're in where clubs are going to the DRA to take their neighbours players. No wonder this county is fucked.

Agreed

And not the first time either

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 10:48:04 AM
Agree fully but has Daly himself no imput into it at all. Is he being kidnapped, why isnt he playing with his club right now. In a tango you need two participants
I dont give a shit. Clubs have no honour. I know of 2 clubs, back in the day, who when they were asked by players about getting a transfer to them from a rival club, told the players in question to run off back and cop themselves on. If you've no honour in this life, you've nothing.

redsetanta

Once it has gone as far as the DRA the player is as well off leaving the club because they've already made it be known they no longer want to play there.
You have a point Don but we're living in a selfish world now. Everyman for himself and all that.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on April 07, 2017, 11:06:33 AM
Once it has gone as far as the DRA the player is as well off leaving the club because they've already made it be known they no longer want to play there.
You have a point Don but we're living in a selfish world now. Everyman for himself and all that.
"Everyman for himself"

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why this county will never get a "team" capable of doing anything worthwhile. The individual should never be more important than the collective.

vallankumous

Quote from: Don Draper on April 07, 2017, 11:11:47 AM
"Everyman for himself"

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why this county will never get a "team" capable of doing anything worthwhile. The individual should never be more important than the collective.

Too right Spock

Helix

Any other verdicts regarding appeals. We'd 3 in our club to my knowledge  :o . Hardly good for playing environment lads throwing in transfers. Some genuine and then there's as already the selfish ones. No player is bigger than their club.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

The Monument Road

"Everyman for himself"

Everything you say Don is right but as Red said your dealing with a different animal these days. Young people dont do conventional now. Todays generation do as they please like traveling,changing jobs etc and just leave their clubs high and dry for long periods and you know what fair play to them.More to life these days then the GAA. Getting back to this particular case i cannot see anyone coming out smiling at the end. 

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 11:31:35 AM
"Everyman for himself"

Everything you say Don is right but as Red said your dealing with a different animal these days. Young people dont do conventional now. Todays generation do as they please like traveling,changing jobs etc and just leave their clubs high and dry for long periods and you know what fair play to them.More to life these days then the GAA. Getting back to this particular case i cannot see anyone coming out smiling at the end.
And again, I say, the club should tell them to f**k off back where they came from. That would solve all of these non genuine cases.

There is no honour in this.

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 07, 2017, 09:46:26 AM
Anyword on Niall Brennan

Has already played a couple of games for st fintans from what i gathered he wasnt overly concerned with how it went

The Monument Road

The reality is very few clubs ( if any) will do as you say Don. To name a few,Stradbally didnt do it, Kileen didnt do it,Portlaoise didnt do it,. The world we live in now is a different one i grew up in Don. I myself traveled in my playing days and missed a quarter final ( Junior might i add :-X) and that wasnt today or yesterday and if i may say so i was ostracised for a while for doing so. The GAA  club scene was defined by life time allegiance to your locality, local pub, local dance hall etc but unfortunately as the country dynamic changes that allegiance is quickly decaying ( a bit like the small farmer in Ireland).Clubs and club officers are part of that new dynamic now so to suggest they should tell someone  to "F%%k back to their own club" is  not going to happen. 

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
The reality is very few clubs ( if any) will do as you say Don. To name a few,Stradbally didnt do it, Kileen didnt do it,Portlaoise didnt do it,. The world we live in now is a different one i grew up in Don. I myself traveled in my playing days and missed a quarter final ( Junior might i add :-X) and that wasnt today or yesterday and if i may say so i was ostracised for a while for doing so. The GAA  club scene was defined by life time allegiance to your locality, local pub, local dance hall etc but unfortunately as the country dynamic changes that allegiance is quickly decaying ( a bit like the small farmer in Ireland).Clubs and club officers are part of that new dynamic now so to suggest they should tell someone  to "F%%k back to their own club" is  not going to happen.
You seem to be ok with this new attitude of the likes of Stradbally Killeen and Portlaoise so. If you're ok with it, you're part of the problem. You omitted St Josephs there by the way.

BallyroanAbu

Personally I think players should be allowed transfer as they please.  Why should anyone be bound to a club,  in no aspect of life would this happen why should the GAA be any different.  If clubs are doing a good job they will attract players if not they won't.

redsetanta

I didn't get that from the post, he seemed to be stated his opinion as he sees it.

Maybe there are clubs who would refuse a player transfer but if you are going to have amalgamations underage and younglads are playing alongside each other for years it will inevitability happen that some will want to continue that relationship. We can't use the same brush for all players who transfer. In principle I don't agree with it but the CB certainly didn't help matters when you see what happened with the Kingstons. If Barrowhouse had those lads aswell they would probably have aspirations of playing senior football as a club.

Ballylinan lost players around the time of the St Michaels episode(almost 20 years ago) as there were people who genuinely wanted a parish team. It caused such animosity among some that they didn't play in the parish again and moved clubs.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi