Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

I may be wrong but I thought the rule book prevents players from transferring from a club and then transferring back to a different club in the original county.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 12, 2016, 10:36:19 PM
I may be wrong but I thought the rule book prevents players from transferring from a club and then transferring back to a different club in the original county.
Rule book Section 6.6 Subsection (i) A player who transfers from one County to another County, and within 96 weeks thereafter transfers back to the former County, shall rejoin the Club of which he was a member prior to the initial transfer.
How long ago is it since JL joined St Bridgids....more or less then 96 weeks ????....there's you anwer

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 12, 2016, 11:47:49 PM
Rule book Section 6.6 Subsection (i) A player who transfers from one County to another County, and within 96 weeks thereafter transfers back to the former County, shall rejoin the Club of which he was a member prior to the initial transfer.
How long ago is it since JL joined St Bridgids....more or less then 96 weeks ????....there's you anwer

It's well beyond the 96 weeks.
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/gaelic-games/96408/Mountmellick--hit-out-at-Dublin.html

There is absolutely nothing to stop this if it is what JOL wants. I would still doubt it is true that he does want this.

There is also practically no way of legislating rules that would stop a move like this.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

JOL Would be a big loss if he were to shun Mountmellick for the Town. Doing primary teaching now hence why tie to St Brigids may not be as strong anymore.
Senior competition in both codes very tempting considering he's nearly at his peak at moment.
Am I right in saying mountmellick are with Ballyfin in senior B competition can anyone clarify this?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Dave like the tv channel

It would be very disappointing if JOL was allowed to move to Portlaoise. What would that do for the Laois SFC for the next 3/4 years, if he's allowed to go there? Hand it to Portlaoise, that's what.

They're coming back to the pack and are now going to artificially inflate their prospects by doing this. Will the Central Council or any other council rule against it in the interest of fairness?

Downtheroad

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on June 13, 2016, 09:13:46 PM
It would be very disappointing if JOL was allowed to move to Portlaoise. What would that do for the Laois SFC for the next 3/4 years, if he's allowed to go there? Hand it to Portlaoise, that's what.

They're coming back to the pack and are now going to artificially inflate their prospects by doing this. Will the Central Council or any other council rule against it in the interest of fairness?
Fairness is a word missing from the GAA lexicon. A couple of Mountmellick lads are playing senior with Ballyfin so that option is available to JOL. I imagine if he went back to Mountmellick, it would be a serious shot in the arm for the club.

SCFC

I've heard that there is no truth in the JOL to Portlaoise rumour.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on June 15, 2016, 08:20:30 PM
I've heard that there is no truth in the JOL to Portlaoise rumour.

I would doubt it also.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

Thanks for that clarification - so he could theoretically move to any club in the county.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 05, 2016, 10:59:14 AM

Thanks for that clarification - so he could theoretically move to any club in the county.

Are Courtwood tabling a bid, Hesh?

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on July 05, 2016, 11:33:56 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 05, 2016, 10:59:14 AM

Are Courtwood tabling a bid, Hesh?

:) Around 3 John O'Loughlins would do us just fine!

SCFC

Scott Conroy back with Ballyroan Abbey. He'll be a big help to their championship campaign.

Helix

Heard Timahoe hurlers potentially might not be fielding a hurling team in 2017 with players open to transfer to surrounding clubs. Any truth in this?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

burdizzo

I believe there's a bit of bad feeling amongst those who prefer hurling, because their management gave two walkovers in the intermediate championship - including a relegation play-off - although they were able to field in the Junior C. The football end seemingly is scapegoating the hurlers for the fact the footballers couldn't win their intermediate championship, so it's a bit up in the air, I think. However, it's hard to see them letting their hurlers off, because they night well not play football for them then, either. Who knows.

Ballyroan Abbey

Heard they are in discussions with two clubs about going to play with them, could end up that half go to each apparently