The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Absolute complete and utter madness!!!!

Milltown Row2

Has also affected their chances, well according to the bookies!! dropped from 11/2 to 13/2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shamrock Shore

laoislad

Mexico USA and Canada to host the 2026 World Cup.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2018, 12:11:51 PM
Congrats to Canada on qualifying

gallsman

Hierro going to take the Spain team.

Boycey

Figured he would, I read your comments earlier but I think they had little choice to sack him despite the players wishes. Madrid are the real villian here? There was no need to make it public til after the World Cup.

Insane Bolt

Wall put on hold then?😜

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 13, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

Wall put on hold then?😜

If Trump is still in power then there might not be a World cup, but a World War !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 13, 2018, 11:10:15 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 13, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
Spain supposedly sacking their manager the day before the tournament after it was leaked yesterday he will take over Real Madrid after the tournament.

He's now gone.
Ridiculous. I hope they have early exit after that carry on now.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on June 13, 2018, 01:18:18 PM
Figured he would, I read your comments earlier but I think they had little choice to sack him despite the players wishes. Madrid are the real villian here? There was no need to make it public til after the World Cup.

There wasn't, but given it was already done, I don't see the need to sack him if the players don't want them to. The ambition is to win the world cup.

Bobby Robson was leaving England after WC 90 and it didn't hamper them at all.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2018, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 13, 2018, 01:18:18 PM

There wasn't, but given it was already done, I don't see the need to sack him if the players don't want them to. The ambition is to win the world cup.

Bobby Robson was leaving England after WC 90 and it didn't hamper them at all.

Think that was common knowledge and the FA knew, the Spanish FA were right to be pissed off that he didn't inform them of the Real Madrid job until 5 mins before it was announced , especially after just signing a new contract. Still wouldn't have sacked him though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

If the objective is to give the team the best chance possible of winning the WC, there's no way changing coach helps. Federation putting its pride first.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on June 13, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
If the objective is to give the team the best chance possible of winning the WC, there's no way changing coach helps. Federation putting its pride first.

Yep
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

Quote from: ballinaman on June 13, 2018, 12:29:57 PM
Congrats to Canada on qualifying

They'd have qualified anyway. There will be 168 teams in it by then.