NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: Rudi on January 24, 2020, 03:24:30 PM
Armagh and Kildare are flaky. Roscommon, Clare and Cavan are missing a silly mount of players. Laois look to be in a bad place. Westmeath went from D1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 3 to 2 in consecutive years & Fermanagh were'nt far away in the league last year. In conclusion I dont expect 2 from Armagh, Kildare nd Ros to go up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Armagh had the same flaws as last year.

LCohen

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 24, 2020, 03:14:30 PM
Cavan team to play Armagh.   Raymond Galligan; Paddy Meade, Padraig Faulkner, Luke Fortune; Ciaran Brady, Benjamin Kelly, Oisin Kiernan; Killian Brady, Evan Fortune; Stephen Smith, Simon Cadden, Niall Murray; Martin Reilly, Gearoid McKiernan, Conor Madden.

There are hardly 2 fortunes in Cavan

LCohen

Quote from: Solo_run on January 24, 2020, 03:59:37 PM
Armagh and Kildare are flaky. Roscommon, Clare and Cavan are missing a silly mount of players. Laois look to be in a bad place. Westmeath went from D1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 3 to 2 in consecutive years & Fermanagh were'nt far away in the league last year. In conclusion I dont expect 2 from Armagh, Kildare nd Ros to go up.

I'll despair if we do.

Should be good to watch though

armaghniac

Quote from: LCohen on January 24, 2020, 04:07:17 PM

I'll despair if we do.

Should be good to watch though

should be frustrating to watch
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Kildare were ridiculously flaky under Cian O'Neill, an experienced manager like Jack O'Connor should filter out the majority of that flakiness.

Was excuses to be made in previous years however Armagh have their strongest available panel for years and anything less than promotion will be failure for Kieran Mcgeeney.

The amount of players Cavan and Roscommon have missing it will take good management to secure promotion. Relegation will perhaps be a battle among Westmeath, Laois, Clare. Fermanagh will remain hard to beat and score against in Division 2 and maybe have a mid table finish.

tonto1888

Judging by McKenna cup we still haven't worked on a lockout plan, a defensive structure or tackling.

twohands!!!

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 24, 2020, 05:14:43 PM

Judging by McKenna cup we still haven't worked on a lockout plan, a defensive structure or tackling.

Ah give Kieran time, he's only been an intercounty manager for a decade.
I think Armagh will get promotion but it will be in spite of McGeeney rather than because of him.
He's lucky with the squad of players Armagh have available at the moment.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2020, 04:43:01 PM

Kildare were ridiculously flaky under Cian O'Neill, an experienced manager like Jack O'Connor should filter out the majority of that flakiness.

Some Kerry folk I know think that he's a good but not great manager. I wouldn't be all that confidient he is the man to sort out any flakiness issues.

They were fairly negative about his time in charge of the Kerry U21s - said that both years the team were less than the sum of their parts.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 24, 2020, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2020, 04:43:01 PM

Some Kerry folk I know think that he's a good but not great manager. I wouldn't be all that confidient he is the man to sort out any flakiness issues.

They were fairly negative about his time in charge of the Kerry U21s - said that both years the team were less than the sum of their parts.

Going back to schools level his CV in management speaks for itself and he may well have added another All Ireland at U20 level if he had O'Shea, Clifford available for selection.

Some Kerry supporters i know reckon he's past his best a bit like Mourinho in that other sport across the water but I guess we'll see.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2020, 06:44:01 PM

Going back to schools level his CV in management speaks for itself and he may well have added another All Ireland at U20 level if he had O'Shea, Clifford available for selection.

Some Kerry supporters i know reckon he's past his best a bit like Mourinho in that other sport across the water but I guess we'll see.

Looking at the records he was there 4 years 2016 to 2019.
Won 2 Munster titles but didn't make it past the All-Ireland semi-final finals both years.
The first of the five in a row Kerry minor All-Irelands was in 2014 so while O'Shea and Clifford were missing it's hardly as if he was completely lacking in materials.

illdecide

On the tickets...surely with the technology we have available we can buy a ticket on our phone thru an app and scan the phone at the turn-styles. That would be handy...but suppose the GAA don't do handy. (if this is available i'll apologise and hold my hands up)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Armagh - Decent team, defensively short of 2/3 good defenders, that and one good midfielder and Armagh would be hard to beat but they dont have them so...
Cavan - Not sure what to expect, lost some quality but on their day can give most teams their fill of it (def in Brefni)
Clare - I'll expect them to struggle
Fermanagh - I'll expect them to struggle and battle it out with Laois)
Kildare - Should be pushing for promotion
Laois - Hopefully drop back down but are strong at home and should go the the wire
Roscommon - Should win the league
Westmeath - Struggle

Truth be told, the teams are hard to predict. A good start is essential and all teams are capable of beating each other so pretty much a guessing game until 2 or 3 matches are over
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Blowitupref

A few more teams published

ARMAGH: Blaine Hughes; Paddy Burns, Greg McCabe, Conor O'Neill; Callum Cumiskey, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker; Niall Grimley, Stephen Sheridan; Jason Duffy, Rory Grugan, Oisin O'Neill; Conor Turbitt, Rian O'Neill, Stefan Campbell.

KILDARE :  Mark Donnellan; Peter Kelly, Mick O'Grady, Liam Healy; Johnny Byrne, Con Kavanagh, Shea Ryan; David Hyland, Tommy Moolick; Neil Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Paddy Brophy; Jack Robinson, Daniel Flynn, Niall Kelly.

LAOIS: Niall Corbet, Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons, Gearoid Hanrahan, Sean O'Flynn, Robbie Pigott, Paddy O'Sullivan; John O'Loughlin Sean Byrne; Michael Keogh, Colm Murphy, Eoin Lowry, Mark Barry, Kieran Lillis, Evan O'Carroll

CLARE : Stephen Ryan; Kevin Harnett, Cillian Brennan, Gordon Kelly; Sean Collins, Pearse Lillis, Dean Ryan; Ciaran Russell, Cathal O'Connor; Cian O'Dea, Eoin Cleary, Dermot Coughlan; Gavin Cooney, David Tubridy, Keelan Sexton.

FERMANAGH : J McGrath,J Cassidy,C Cullen,K McDonnell,D McCusker,R O Callaghan,S McGullion,E Donnelly,R Jones,A Breen,U Kelm,C Corrigan,S McGullion,C Jones,D McGurn

Westmeath: Eoin Carberry; Jack Smith, Ronan Wallace, Boidu Sayeh; Killian Daly, Kevin Maguire, James Dolan; Denis Corroon, Darren Giles; Anthony McGivney, Ronan O'Toole, David Lynch; Callum McCormack, John Heslin, Lorcan Dolan.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: LCohen on January 24, 2020, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 24, 2020, 03:14:30 PM
Cavan team to play Armagh.   Raymond Galligan; Paddy Meade, Padraig Faulkner, Luke Fortune; Ciaran Brady, Benjamin Kelly, Oisin Kiernan; Killian Brady, Evan Fortune; Stephen Smith, Simon Cadden, Niall Murray; Martin Reilly, Gearoid McKiernan, Conor Madden.

There are hardly 2 fortunes in Cavan

There are 4 I think

tonto1888

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 24, 2020, 10:36:45 PM
A few more teams published

ARMAGH: Blaine Hughes; Paddy Burns, Greg McCabe, Conor O'Neill; Callum Cumiskey, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker; Niall Grimley, Stephen Sheridan; Jason Duffy, Rory Grugan, Oisin O'Neill; Conor Turbitt, Rian O'Neill, Stefan Campbell.

KILDARE :  Mark Donnellan; Peter Kelly, Mick O'Grady, Liam Healy; Johnny Byrne, Con Kavanagh, Shea Ryan; David Hyland, Tommy Moolick; Neil Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Paddy Brophy; Jack Robinson, Daniel Flynn, Niall Kelly.

That Armagh defence doesn't fill me with confidence