2019 Allianz National Hurling League

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 19, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: burdizzo on February 18, 2019, 01:36:27 PM
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: SCFC on February 18, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 18, 2019, 01:36:27 PM
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.
Completely disregarding her gender, I thought she really added nothing to the discussion. But you could say the same about plenty of male pundits too. Dessie Dolan would be one I don't get at all.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 18, 2019, 12:36:18 PM
I've read the first part of this a few times & still can't get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RTÉ. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Cody's opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I don't think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully it's not a regular thing and doesn't become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.
Haha! I was thinking the same thing.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 18, 2019, 12:36:18 PM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on February 18, 2019, 09:54:57 AM
If he was a teacher or something else besides county manager would we be saying he shouldn't be doing it? He is still a full time Garda too. It's not as if Laois are paying the man millions. I think we should judge him by what he is getting out of the players and how they are responding to him. So far, he has had to deal with a significant number of no-shows by players for different reasons and has managed to get some positivity back into the setup. I know Offaly are struggling but the quality of the Laois performance on Saturday night was higher than it has been in a few years and we have a chance of avoiding relegation next week.

Will Lee Cleere be available next week? Any word on how Cha is doing?

I've read the first part of this a few times & still can't get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RTÉ. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Cody's opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I don't think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully it's not a regular thing and doesn't become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.

My point is that the chap is protecting an income stream for the future. Not sure it's a massive conflict of interest. Lots of other sports have existing managers in semi-punditry mode. Rugby for example.

Mossy Bruce

From LaoisToday, today:

Mid-Term Report
"Here, we take a look at the players who have featured so far and those who have yet to do so, review of the games played in the league so far, preview what's to come and finally give them a grade on their performance to date."

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/02/20/laois-hurlers-mid-term-report/
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

I'd say they'll play him if they can at all.
Brennan has named an unchanged team, too. Hmm. There's a couple I'd like to see on, but who would you leave off?

Mossy Bruce

I'm looking for a Carlow radio station that might broadcast the match online, tomorrow. I found KCLR 96FM but it looks like they cover Carlow AND Kilkenny. Any suggestions? It looks like there are a few radio stations there in Carlow. Thanks!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on February 23, 2019, 08:48:23 PM
I'm looking for a Carlow radio station that might broadcast the match online, tomorrow. I found KCLR 96FM but it looks like they cover Carlow AND Kilkenny. Any suggestions? It looks like there are a few radio stations there in Carlow. Thanks!
I'd say Midlands 103 will cover it with reports but not full commentary. And KCLR much the same. If you switch between those two, it's your best bet.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on February 24, 2019, 08:25:57 AM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on February 23, 2019, 08:48:23 PM
I'd say Midlands 103 will cover it with reports but not full commentary. And KCLR much the same. If you switch between those two, it's your best bet.
Thanks, Heshs Umpire!

GO LAOIS!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

If I ever win the lotto I am setting up a radio station that only covers Laois hurling. The radio coverage of this important match was dreadful, today.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Scrappy enough match on a tight pitch, but you'd have to say it was as good as a loss for Laois. They probably had a dozen wides to only a couple for Carlow, plus a goal chance or two butchered... The only thing that could save them would be an Offaly win next week, but that doesn't seem very likely. So, a toss-up in the relegation final in Tullamore? Disappointing.
Nasty injury for Eanna Lyons. Hope he's OK.

G@@

Thought Laois could have gotten more from that match today, the ton of wides killed us. We should really have bagged a goal or two aswell.

On a positive note, we can say that we have improved since our last encounters with Carlow where we shipped bad beatings at their hands.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

With how Waterford have performed so far in league, and then Dublin beating them today, next week isn't looking too good.

Waterford 2-28
Offaly 0-07

Waterford 4-22
Laois 1-15

Waterford 3-15
Carlow 0-10

Dublin 1-25
Waterford 4-15
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

Dublin have it all to play for next week with Waterford u against Galway. Could sneak a playoff spot. Offaly might avoid relegation playoff if they beat Carlow. All up in the air.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi