Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: SCFC on June 22, 2018, 10:06:02 PM
No room for sentiment anyway with Ross dropped! :o

Figured as much Ross would be dropped. Hopefully will be an addition as a sub. I assume Damo o'conor will drop back and leave Kingston and O'Carroll inside. Hopefully be in the game by half time at least and give it a right crack. Can't wait!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Laoiseabu

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Lads, this is a strong team, plenty of youth, experience and skill and a strong bench too. No reason why we can't really put it up to them...

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

Just wondering cause let's face it we have a tough task on Sunday as Longford and Wicklow found out

vetoldthe

GRAHAM GERAGHTY    NO LOVE FOR US,

John Sugrue's men are possibly the worst team to reach a Leinster final for some time. I have no faith in them at all.

They got there on merit and beat what they had in front of them but they needed extra-time to get over Wexford.

The O'Moore men easily defeated Westmeath and then won an ugly game against Carlow. With Kildare gone, it turned out they had the easy side of the draw.

They won't get anywhere near Dublin and won't make the Super Eights either because whoever comes through the back door will end their misery.

Tony

If Laois had the easy side of the draw, as Graham claims, then what do you call Dublin's path - beating Wicklow and Longford. What a dope. He's a racist sc**bag (just look up his history) and a very poor "journalist".

Don Draper

Quote from: vetoldthe on June 23, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

John Sugrue's men are possibly the worst team to reach a Leinster final for some time. I have no faith in them at all.

They got there on merit and beat what they had in front of them but they needed extra-time to get over Wexford.

The O'Moore men easily defeated Westmeath and then won an ugly game against Carlow. With Kildare gone, it turned out they had the easy side of the draw.

They won't get anywhere near Dublin and won't make the Super Eights either because whoever comes through the back door will end their misery.
What would you expect from a pig except an oink?

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2018, 02:09:35 PM
If Laois had the easy side of the draw, as Graham claims, then what do you call Dublin's path - beating Wicklow and Longford. What a dope. He's a racist sc**bag (just look up his history) and a very poor "journalist".

Some Footballer though

jimbob2

Havant you noticed Laois abu is a bigger bollox than Geraghty, prob Kildare / Offaly.   Laois with probably a weaker team than we have put out in last seven / eight years but better prepared will surprise a lot of people.

on the hop

I dream of a win, but fear what happened to cork tonight awaits us. The gulf in divisions was telling. I hope we have a right rattle at this.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: vetoldthe on June 23, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

As geraghy puts it, we will be put out of our misery soon, at least we won't have the misery of being a Meath racist wan#er all our lives to put up with.

merman

Best of luck to the lads today. They've rekindled a passion for Laois football this summer and regardless of today's outcome, they've had a really positive year.

There's a good crowd travelling from the hurling end of the county so fingers crossed we can make a bit of noise up there. Safe travels all!

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 19, 2018, 11:02:35 PM
Quote from: Unison on June 19, 2018, 07:10:35 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2018, 03:51:59 PM
Judging by his body language, Gavin will likely start cluxton. He also is pretty complementary of Laois here in interview below but everything he says is true enough. Would love the rub of the green, a woeful Dublin performance and our best performance in a decade and then it could be competitive. Up Laois. https://youtu.be/DQCW6eFjc44

Very naive. :-[

I think Cluxton starts, I think Laois may lead at half time before going down by 6-10 points as Dublin notch it up but I do think we will force them through the gears.  Unlike Kilkenny 2 years ago where they never came out of first.

Can't see how Munnelly starts on current form but I am sure I will be shouted down on here, I think David Holland stands a good chance of starting as Sugrue may go for an orthodox corner back using the wing forwards to cover back.

Not a million miles off Munnelly dropped, orthodox defender picked (I went for wrong one). Cluxton starts