Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delegater

Did I see Horse on the line for KWT yesterday?

Onthe40

Quote from: Double D on November 12, 2018, 10:52:13 AM
Congrats to Beragh on their promotion back into intermediate football. Been a long time between drinks for them. Didn't see that result coming but they were deserved victors. Kildress might find life tough in Junior next year. Everyone will have them as favourites to go straight back up but judging on yesterday I wouldn't be convinced. What's your opinion WT?

Kidress' issue could be a lot of their elder statesmen now hanging up the boots.

SG08

Young Loughmacrory team bottling it in the big games again.
Hope for their own sake they don't get into a habit of it

WT4E

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 12, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
Congrats to Beragh on their promotion back into intermediate football. Been a long time between drinks for them. Didn't see that result coming but they were deserved victors. Kildress might find life tough in Junior next year. Everyone will have them as favourites to go straight back up but judging on yesterday I wouldn't be convinced. What's your opinion WT?

Kidress' issue could be a lot of their elder statesmen now hanging up the boots.

Hard to take yesterday.

But congrats to Beragh and good luck to them in Div 2.
Hard to know how we'll do in junior need to see how injuries clear up, if anyone goes travelling, comes back from travelling, who'll be in charge but I am hopeful we can bounce back but I wouldn't be making us very strong favourites. Its been a massive fall from grace obviously peaking i think around 2005 when we finished top of Div 1 and where beaten by Carmen in the League Semi.

Although older players hanging up the boots is not an issue this year but it has been for a number of years as the calibre of players we have as an overall squad have not been the same as they have been. Although I do think we underperformed this year and have a squad that should be holding their own in intermediate.

I'm hoping we can bring through some good players in next few years - if I think back to our neighbours Lough they went down to div3 in recent times and have came back strong now and have a squad that looks to be on the verge of Senior again.

Yes Horse was on the line he was brought in for the playoffs (he was with us in 2011) to try and give the lads a lift and I think by all accounts it worked well but we just fell short.

omagh_gael

Quote from: SG08 on November 12, 2018, 12:59:42 PM

Were you at the game? We were three down with about 5 to go and Dungannon added 2-2 on the break while we were looking goals. Hardly bottling it. Three defeats all year means it can definitely go down as a good season. Lads will have learned plenty.

SG08

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 12, 2018, 02:07:27 PM
Quote from: SG08 on November 12, 2018, 12:59:42 PM

Were you at the game? We were three down with about 5 to go and Dungannon added 2-2 on the break while we were looking goals. Hardly bottling it. Three defeats all year means it can definitely go down as a good season. Lads will have learned plenty.

Yes I was at the game, and they were not 3 down with 5 to go. But I do get your point that the scoreline did not reflect how the game went.
However from a neutral perspective lough never looked like catching Dungannon.

Have been consistent in league yes but 3 biggest games in the last 2 years (2 championship games and promotion playoff) have resulted in defeats.
Which begs the question, how they can be so consistent all year but not show up on the big days.

omagh_gael

It was 1-10 to 1-08 with 25 mins gone in second half then McNulty scored his goal to wrap it up. I

Christmas Lights

Quote from: WT4E on November 12, 2018, 02:04:12 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on November 12, 2018, 12:59:18 PM

Hard to take yesterday.

But congrats to Beragh and good luck to them in Div 2.
Hard to know how we'll do in junior need to see how injuries clear up, if anyone goes travelling, comes back from travelling, who'll be in charge but I am hopeful we can bounce back but I wouldn't be making us very strong favourites. Its been a massive fall from grace obviously peaking i think around 2005 when we finished top of Div 1 and where beaten by Carmen in the League Semi.

Although older players hanging up the boots is not an issue this year but it has been for a number of years as the calibre of players we have as an overall squad have not been the same as they have been. Although I do think we underperformed this year and have a squad that should be holding their own in intermediate.

I'm hoping we can bring through some good players in next few years - if I think back to our neighbours Lough they went down to div3 in recent times and have came back strong now and have a squad that looks to be on the verge of Senior again.

Yes Horse was on the line he was brought in for the playoffs (he was with us in 2011) to try and give the lads a lift and I think by all accounts it worked well but we just fell short.

Let me get this straight...........kildress had horse devlin on the sideline for inspiration??

Stop the world and let me off please.

SG08

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 12, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
It was 1-10 to 1-08 with 25 mins gone in second half then McNulty scored his goal to wrap it up. I

Apologies, I thought Dungannon pulled away slightly earlier.
But this reinforces the point that when the chips were down loughmacrory were found wanting.

Club boi

Quote from: SG08 on November 13, 2018, 10:05:27 AM

But this reinforces the point that when the chips were down loughmacrory were found wanting.

This idiot clearly has an agenda v Loughmacrory, dont fall into it. 3 defeats all year for what I am lead to believe is a very young, up and coming team is not bad going, and I would imagine 95% of fans would gladly take that

Localexpert

Need to get promoted quickly to take advantage of a weak carrickmore team ....

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: skeog on November 11, 2018, 08:49:40 PM
Div 2 be very competitive next year.When were Kildress last a junior club?

I think Kildress got promoted to senior football 4 years ago,
Now preparing for junior! Difficult times ahead and wont be easy getting out of it!!

GetOverTheBar

Anymore word on appointments throughout the county?

SG08

Quote from: Club boi on November 13, 2018, 10:22:31 PM
Quote from: SG08 on November 13, 2018, 10:05:27 AM

This idiot clearly has an agenda v Loughmacrory, dont fall into it. 3 defeats all year for what I am lead to believe is a very young, up and coming team is not bad going, and I would imagine 95% of fans would gladly take that

No agenda, Very good young team, and as I stated previously I hope they don't get into a habit of not showing up on the big day

Tyrone95

Quote from: Localexpert on November 14, 2018, 10:25:25 AM

Need to get promoted quickly to take advantage of a weak carrickmore team ....
By the time they get promoted we shall be back firing on all cylinders  ;)