Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Another Derry club team with a Ulster title, its good different teams can come through and win Ulster titles. Took Kilcoo alot of go's before winning a Ulster title, Glen done it in 2,

grounded

Quote from: guevara on December 11, 2022, 02:32:34 PM
Kilcoo got exactly what they deserved. How they get away with the shite they do is beyond me.

Ward both and McEvoy both should have walked.
Can't see Glen going all the way. Too defensive and allowed Kilcoo to remain in a game that was there for the taking  much earlier.

I'm not so sure. Kilmacud are the only crowd left that will beat them. Glen weren't great at all against EC, Cargin or Kilcoo today(apart from first 10 mins).
     This will give them a big lift today. Need to improve their scoring, but they are a dangerous, big physical outfit. Pity, about McFaul as he would be a huge addition.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: grounded on December 11, 2022, 02:40:51 PM
Kilcoo got exactly what they deserved. How they get away with the shite they do is beyond me.

Can't see Glen going all the way. Too defensive and allowed Kilcoo to remain in a game that was there for the taking  much earlier.

I'm not so sure. Kilmacud are the only crowd left that will beat them. Glen weren't great at all against EC, Cargin or Kilcoo today(apart from first 10 mins).
     This will give them a big lift today. Need to improve their scoring, but they are a dangerous, big physical outfit. Pity, about McFaul as he would be a huge addition.

The Galway lads can play a bit too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2022, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 11, 2022, 02:40:51 PM

The Galway lads can play a bit too

And Derry teams record against Galway opposition isn't great but best to let Glen enjoy their well earned Ulster success this afternoon.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on December 11, 2022, 02:38:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 02:33:31 PM
I was worried when the crowd ran on at the end that there would be trouble, there was a real nasty atmosphere all game both in the stands and on the pitch.

Yeah, dumb and dangerous by McQuillan to blow for FT while players were still scuffling on the field. Asking for some overexcited idiot to run out and do something stupid.

Said exact same. Couldve been a riot. Fair play Glen thought Kilcoo had them, Glen made couple mistakes and werent creating chances. Strong ending will stand them in great stead for again

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 11, 2022, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on December 11, 2022, 02:38:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 02:33:31 PM
I was worried when the crowd ran on at the end that there would be trouble, there was a real nasty atmosphere all game both in the stands and on the pitch.

Yeah, dumb and dangerous by McQuillan to blow for FT while players were still scuffling on the field. Asking for some overexcited idiot to run out and do something stupid.

Said exact same. Couldve been a riot. Fair play Glen thought Kilcoo had them, Glen made couple mistakes and werent creating chances. Strong ending will stand them in great stead for again

Madness to be giving throw ups when games are gone like today's was. Asking for trouble

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 11, 2022, 02:31:36 PM
Two hateful dirty  hoors of teams.  Hard to want any of them  to win that." Disgusting spectacle
Enough about Argentina and Holland. What about the gaelic ?

seafoid

The World Cup has only got 40 more pages than this discussion.

theticklemister

Anyone know where I can watch this game back. Missed it

Kidder81

theticklemister

Tried there. Not on yet. Thanks anyway

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

theticklemister

Brilliant!!! That's me sorted tonight! Thank you very mich

Mikhailov

Quote from: tyroneman on December 11, 2022, 02:21:35 PM
McQuillan doesn't apear to put much stock in the rule that prevents you sticking your foot in when a player is dipping for the ball.

Poor poor referee. Seems to also have forgot that a pull down is a black card. Several players on both teams got away with that type of tackle all day long. A woeful referee to be honest.

Always inconsistent, fouls called for an offence then not called for sane offence later in the game - no wonder players get frustrated when he is the referee

seafoid

Naming the club after Watty Graham was a touch of class. Watty was a Presbyterian from the area who rose up in 1798 and was executed by the Brits. Great to see him remembered.