All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 16, 2017, 06:56:43 AM
Expecting a comfortable 3-4 points win. Dubs have not met the type of firepower we are bringing and won't be ready for it.  That plus pressure of 3 in a row and that they become shaky enough on AI days gives us the upper hand. When Dubs have 60%+ possession they are almost unbeatable but tomorrow they will have to scrap for every ball and won't have time too set up their chess like moves. Dubs will be under pressure throughout and will make mistakes. We are better prepared more relaxed and with more players showing form. Can't see us blowing this one.

This post would give you the jitters as it reads like it was taken straight from the Dublin Tyrone semi with the name changed!

seafoid

5 years ago Galway hurlers and Mayo footballers got to their respective all ireland finals under dynamic young mould-breaking managers. They both got close but lacked experience. Over the next few years they went on the circuit building up experience.  They played against the best. They had some sickening defeats. By a point. They came back. They got rid of the manager.  They regrouped. They introduced better players. They did the gym work. They served their time.

Galway reached the promised land recently  . Mayo can do it it tomorrow.

Nár laga Dia sibh

Aaron Boone

Both Sam and Liam going to Connacht in the same season. That would be a first.

The Hill is Blue

Good luck to all Mayo supporters travelling to Croke Park. It's a great privilege for both sets of supporters to be still in with a chance of taking the big one in mid-September. We'll all be hoping for the best for our own team and at this time the day before we can all live in hope. Enjoy the feeling.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

cicfada

I've never been as confident of a Mayo win in an AI final as I am
now. They have the experience , talent and so many lessons learnt .Dublin are going in undercooked and have yet to be challenged in any match . They are about to get tested tomorrow .  3/1 is a super price and I have laid a tidy sum on them to win. Good luck to Mayo in completing the western double and safe home to all fans .

vallankumous

Quote from: cicfada on September 16, 2017, 10:36:21 AM
now. They have the experience , talent and so many lessons learnt .Dublin are going in undercooked and have yet to be challenged in any match . They are about to get tested tomorrow .  3/1 is a super price and I have laid a tidy sum on them to win. Good luck to Mayo in completing the western double and safe home to all fans .

Dublin have been challenged and tested. They passed with flying colours.

Syferus

Dublin aren't going in under-cooked. They're going in as head-and-shoulders the best team of their generation, as evidenced by how they've dispatched the teams below them this year and in previous years. Lazy analysis #1 is always "They haven't had a test! They should be worried!" yet Dublin have rarely been troubled in the last six seasons but it hasn't stopped them winning four AIs and all finals they've contested.

I think anyone who is honestly confident of a Mayo victory looking at both teams' form has lost the plot.

To be blunt, there's more chance of this developing into a two goal plus rout for Dublin than there is of Mayo actually winning.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2017, 10:40:24 AM

Dublin aren't going in under-cooked. They're going in as head-and-shoulders the best team of their generation, as evidenced by how they've dispatched the teams below them this year and in previous years. Lazy analysis #1 is always "They haven't had a test! They should be worried!" yet Dublin have rarely been troubled in the last six seasons but it hasn't stopped them winning four AIs and all finals they've contested.

I think anyone who is honestly confident of a Mayo victory looking at both teams' form has lost the plot.

To be blunt, there's more chance of this developing into a two goal plus rout for Dublin than there is of Mayo actually winning.
May you be as wrong as you were about the 2016 Connacht Final!  ;D
Peace, glorious peace for about a fortnight afterwards.Yipeee!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Hill is Blue

Dublin undercooked - where have you been for the last few years. I think that you're displaying the "irrational exuberance" that we get from some Mayo supporters about this time every year.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

vallankumous

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 16, 2017, 12:23:25 PM

Dublin undercooked - where have been for the last few years. I think that you're displaying the "irrational exuberance" that we get from some Mayo supporters about this time every year.

COYBIB

It's Poetic Commotion.

Bart McQueen

The West awakes. Galway for Liam. Mayo for Sam. Mayo will say no to Dublins 3 in a row.

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

Except the game was a draw and I made a thread the very next day after the replay, which I told you the last time you brought up that nonsense.

I'd like Mayo to win but whatever way you cut it just about everything is against them winning this one. Four years ago was the moment Mayo should have beaten Dublin on this stage.

The Hill is Blue

Captain Obvious

Dublin now given the kiss of death by both Fearon and Syferus, If Mayo don't win this final now then they are definitely cursed.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2017, 12:55:16 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

Except the game was a draw and I made a thread the very next day after the replay, which I told you the last time you brought up that nonsense.

I'd like Mayo to win but whatever way you cut it just about everything is against them winning this one. Four years ago was the moment Mayo should have beaten Dublin on this stage.
;D ;D

Now, now don't be like that Syf. Being catty doesn't suit you at all, at all. You may have made a reply the day after the replay but I do know you took a sabbatical and didn't re-appear again for at least a fortnight.  The sense of relief throughout the entire county was palpable and all members on this board scarcely believed their luck. Enda rang to ask me if he should declare a public holiday but I knew things were too good to last. So we went off and had a few pints and then I decided that we were going to miss you if you stayed away too long.
Unfortunately, you didn't.
Ah, well.....
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi