Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

MacCumhails  1.8 Strabane 0.8 full time in Ulster intermediate  league semi final  tonight in Ballybofey.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

LeoMc

I heard Petey Harte was left badly concussed after yesterdays game also. Can anyone confirm?

year til sunday

after yesterdays disappointing defeat to Kerry I can't help but feel a few mistakes in team selection were made. I can't understand how McCurry goes from joining the panel 6 weeks ago, to 4 points late on v Roscommon, to starting v Kerry in Killarney. What the lad did against the Rossies was no doubt impressive but surely highlighted the need to use him as an impact sub rather than starter, wasn't that going to be the role of Ronan O'Neill this year anyway prior to injury?

I didn't believe even before the Armagh game that the McMahon/Cavanagh combo at midfield would work; and for that day at least it did, but it was taken to pieces both against Donegal and Kerry. What I am confused about though was while both players were keen to get forward and attempt to get on the scoresheet there was less emphasis on breaking even around the middle and winning the break ball - instead Tyrone were happy to accept kick-out possession on their own 21 and build from there; a very inefficient way of playing the game at this level.

Tyrone's injury record of late is something of concern. I'm not sure of the reason for McCarron's absence but McNabb and Justin McMahon have been on the rocks all year with niggles and I wonder if playing injured in club games between Tyrone games is hampering these lads. McMahon missed the League Final this year due to injury but had played FF for Omagh the week before in a League game and only lasted until half time, surely the player and club management could have avoided that happening, after all Omagh will need him fit for their games also! One report this week had McMahon training on an anti-gravity treadmill to assist rehab, I think at that rate, and with his injury history over the last 18 months the medical team need to be asking serious questions!

rodney trotter

Is Raymie Mulgrew still in Oz? Very good player, never really got a chance with Tyrone seniors

LeoMc

ALLIANZ NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 03 (2.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Down v Tyrone

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (2.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Mayo v Tyrone

SUNDAY, MARCH 03 (2.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Tyrone v Donegal

SUNDAY, MARCH 10 (2.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Tyrone v Cork (2.30).

SATURDAY, MARCH 16 (7.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Dublin v Tyrone

SUNDAY, MARCH 24 (2.00 unless stated)
Div 1: Kildare v Tyrone (2.30).

SUNDAY, APRIL 07 (3.00 unless stated).
Div 1: Tyrone v Kerry

Fuzzman

Haven't looked in here for ages so was interesting to read year til sunday's post after the Kerry game this year one more time.

Now that the leagues & championships are drawing to a close how do our county squad players look like they're shaping up for the upcoming new year?

How did young McCurry do for his club this year and have we any other new kids on the block to watch out for?
Will young Clarke become a regular in defence next year?

If you had to pick your team to start away to Down now who would you be going for, assuming all injuries are cleared up?
Will Ronan O'Neill & Kyle Coney be our new white hopes in 2013?
Hard to believe it will be 10 years since we first won it.

If I had to pick a team I'd be looking at this

Packie
McCrory
Clarke
McCaul
McCarron
Joey
Sean O'Neill
Sean Cavanagh
Cassidy/Justy
Colm Cava
M.Donnelly
Penrose
Ronan O'Neill
Stephen O'Neill -  I wonder how many of ye would drop Stevie this year?
Kyle Coney

Yes I'm aware I've left out Block, Mugsy & McNabb
Am I missing any other big names or new hot shots like McCurry?
Wonder would it be worth trying Colm Cavanagh back into FF if Mickey would release Justy from FB to MF. I get the feeling though that if Justy is fit he'll always play him at FB.

God14

Well Fuzz

I believe an annoucement on a new squad & also a new sponsor will be made by the county board fairly soon, likely towards the end of the week

Only speculation at this stage (before I get shouted at) but I believe that Coalislands Louis O'Neill & Plunkett Kane both got called up. However how experimental the squad is for the McKenna Cup we'll have to wait and see, as thats all I am aware of at the moment.

I think we will have a bit more food for thought towards the end of the week though.

Havnt seen as much of the club championships this year due to working in England but id like to see Connor McAliskey, Conan Grugan & Niall Sludden given an opportunity in January.

Redhand Santa

What age is Plunkett Kane? Seems to have done well for Coalisland for a few years now. McCurry has did well for Edendork all year and I'm sure will hold his place in the squad. Grugan and Sludden could be worth looking at to. Once Errigal go out he may consider a couple of them as well (maybe Canavan though could be too soon).

If I was Harte I would be begging Enda McGinley to come back. He's back fit and in good form. He's exactly what Tyrone need around the middle and could be a great partner for Sean Cavanagh. That would allow Colm Cavanagh and Joe McMahon to take up the half forward slots and would leave the team a bit more able to compete physically. Before anyone says it would be a step back because of his age, I don't care what age he is - I want the best 15 players on the pitch for Tyrone next year whether they're 19 or 34.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 06, 2012, 12:36:24 PM
Haven't looked in here for ages so was interesting to read year til sunday's post after the Kerry game this year one more time.

Now that the leagues & championships are drawing to a close how do our county squad players look like they're shaping up for the upcoming new year?

How did young McCurry do for his club this year and have we any other new kids on the block to watch out for?
Will young Clarke become a regular in defence next year?

If you had to pick your team to start away to Down now who would you be going for, assuming all injuries are cleared up?
Will Ronan O'Neill & Kyle Coney be our new white hopes in 2013?
Hard to believe it will be 10 years since we first won it.

If I had to pick a team I'd be looking at this

Packie
McCrory
Clarke
McCaul
McCarron
Joey
Sean O'Neill
Sean Cavanagh
Cassidy/Justy
Colm Cava
M.Donnelly
Penrose
Ronan O'Neill
Stephen O'Neill -  I wonder how many of ye would drop Stevie this year?
Kyle Coney

Yes I'm aware I've left out Block, Mugsy & McNabb
Am I missing any other big names or new hot shots like McCurry?
Wonder would it be worth trying Colm Cavanagh back into FF if Mickey would release Justy from FB to MF. I get the feeling though that if Justy is fit he'll always play him at FB.

You have also left out Harte who has been in fantastic form for Errigal.

Fuzzman

Yeah Davey and Enda crossed my mind but I suppose both looked like they had retired last year or was Davey in the squad for the latter games of the summer.

Interesting to read how well Penrose did last Sat night and with the addition of Coney, O'Neill, McCurry to Penrose and Donnelly, we could actually have a very pacey talented forward line.

Do the rest of ye see Clarke as our future FB?
Will Justy be hamstrung again all next year?

Stall the Bailer

Fuzzman

Ouch!!!

That's a biggie alright.
In fairness I'm dying with a cold and was up half the night with sick kids.  :(

I know its still not the end of 2012 yet but I am actually excited again looking forward to a fresh new team. We gave Donegal a hell of a game last year playing them at their own game.

My Dub mates down here are already looking forward to Sat 16th March. I'd say they'll miss Ricey.

tyroneboi

Is there not a series of trials over the next 3 Wednesday's? So I don't think any McKenna cup squad has been finalised as yet.

LeoMc