Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

From the front of the county website;

http://antrim.gaa.ie

JFC / IFC Final on Say 29th under lights.

7pm JFC Ahoghill v St. Agnes'
8:15pm IFC Dunloy v St. Enda's

Glensman

www.antrimgaa.net will sort you out stiffler.
Big poster on there - Under lights.
Junior - Ahoghill v St Agnes 7pm
Intermediate - Dunloy v St Endas 8.15pm

Predictions:
Ahoghill (know nothing of this one)
Dunloy (here's hoping anyway - Dunloy could do with some recognition for battling away at the football as well).

imtommygunn

Ahoghill shouldn't be near a junior championship - they're streets ahead of anything in that competition and should win by about ten. They should really challenge for Ulster in that competition too.

The intermediate should be interesting. I think Dunloy may just be too strong but I don't think there'll be much in the game at all. I don't think there's too much of an overlap with the hurlers these days so they shouldn't be impacted in that regard.

I would imagine all the Cunningham chat on the hogan stand site is rubbish.

stiffler

Cheers lads. Should be a good nights football tomorrow night.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

maxpower

intommygunn,

still a right few dual players in Dunloy yet, tomorrow night Gareth McAllister, Paudie Shivers, Colm Cunning, Darren Webb, Conor McKinley, Kevin McQuillian & Cahir Cunning will all be playing and hoping to play the following week.

Although gone are the days when 13 players togged out for both teams, of those above 3 where involved last week against the Dall
What happens next????

imtommygunn

Not too many starters there though max...

If all your hurlers played football over the years you'd have had some fine football teams. Pity your football suffered on account of the hurling. Dick O'Kane, Gary O'Kane, patch, Conor Cunning, Elliots etc. would have been very handy footballers.

maxpower

Indeed they were, all these boys did play together for one year, we got to the semi final of the championship only to be beat in a tight game by Cargin over in rasharkin.  Don't think they had trained once all year, but still a very good team
What happens next????

imtommygunn

I actually remember being at that game. Gary O'Kane left footed free taker and wee Eamon McKee playing too if I mind rightly.

Blondie Gallagher beat youse that day if I mind rightly. Then Cargin got beat in the final by St Pauls.

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on September 27, 2007, 03:46:17 PM
seems the move of cunningham to Naomh Gall has came through according to the hogan stand. can Saffron sam  confirm?

According to an un-named source close to the player, he will be lining out for for Lamh Dhearg in their next match.  Hope this helps.

Quote from: maxpower on September 28, 2007, 03:45:57 PM
Indeed they were, all these boys did play together for one year, we got to the semi final of the championship only to be beat in a tight game by Cargin over in rasharkin.  Don't think they had trained once all year, but still a very good team
I remember another close Dunloy match against St. Gall's also in Rasharkin (part of a double header with St. John's / Cargin (the famed Eddie McToal lasted about 8 seconds)). There is no doubt if all the hurlers had concentrated on the football, Dunloy would have been a great side and a very clean, sporting one at that. Nipper played a bit of football as well.  I always thought Scruff McIlhatton was a half decent footballer.  What ever happened Yucker, haven't seen him mentioned in years.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

theskull1

Yucker is down in Clonduff. Married Ross Carr's sister many moons ago and headed down there to put down roots. Think he still teaches up in Belfast (Sean MCGourty's school) if I'm not mistaken? Good lad yucker.

Eventually beat St Galls one year up in Casement. Can't remember the year. Don't know if it was a shock to them or not but Dunloy thought it was a great victory at the time?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffron sam2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 28, 2007, 08:54:27 PM
Yucker is down in Clonduff. Married Ross Carr's sister many moons ago and headed down there to put down roots. Think he still teaches up in Belfast (Sean MCGourty's school) if I'm not mistaken? Good lad yucker.

Eventually beat St Galls one year up in Casement. Can't remember the year. Don't know if it was a shock to them or not but Dunloy thought it was a great victory at the time?

Feck, I never put two and two together.  Always knew him as Yucker, thought he might have been McGilligan but wasn't sure. None of them Dunloy boys had real names.  I have come across him a few times recently without realising.  A good lad is Alastair.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hungry Exile

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on September 06, 2007, 03:04:53 PM
Perhaps i can help....to get a transfer in Derry to another club...is like getting blood from a stone

Max,
Rich from you  - Did Bellaghy no start with Ronan Rocks (ala Loup) & Gavin Diamond (did he not start with Lavey) in the last championship match?

Balboa

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 28, 2007, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 28, 2007, 08:54:27 PM

Feck, I never put two and two together.  Always knew him as Yucker, thought he might have been McGilligan but wasn't sure. None of them Dunloy boys had real names.  I have come across him a few times recently without realising.  A good lad is Alastair.

Is it Thomas Mc Gilligan you are talking about? he was also known as "Bograt" !!! He went to St Marys teacher training & said to Chris Hamill once" i bet you youse boys didnt think i would have got to St Marys" to which Hamill replied " Thomas i didnt think you could spell St Marys"........End of conversation.......

imtommygunn

Hungry I'm no expert but I'd very much doubt a Diamond started out at Lavey.

Whatever happened to bograt - he was the best player at his age for Dunloy and now I don't see him in football or hurling...

theskull1

Such wit Rocky ....you literally are the man of the one liners (judging by the number of lines in most of your posts). Adrian must never get a word in edge ways.

FYI the said person is quite a decent fella and didn't have that nickname. There wouldn't be too many people in our club who put in the same effort. He trains & plays in both codes, coaches as well as referees and is well liked by those who know him, hence the reason why this type of limp character assasination irritates me. But hey don't let those things get in the way of a good  :-\ story

I'm sure you can bring more to these discussions rather than spout shite like this. If you'd any decency you'd remove that message

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera