Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on June 13, 2009, 02:41:15 PM
Good enough keeper, cost them a county final one year though.
Of senior ranks, the Lacken, Cuchullains, Belturbet, Redhills goalkeepers are all fairly good.
Ha?

Ye Shane Sheridan,Colm Anderson,Aaron Donohue and Fintan Reilly.All good goalies.Something we never fail to produce in Cavan in my lifetime anyway.

cavan4ever

Baileboro beat Drung this evening.  Thats 3 games ive been at now and none of them have being worth the entrance fee.  Anyway i would fancy Baileboro to get out of the group now but that will be as far as they will go.  They have a good full forward but i feel if he was held it would go along way to stopping them.  Watters was stretchered off early on which looked like an ankle injury. They had two sent off one with a straight red.

boojangles

Quote from: RednBlack on June 13, 2009, 08:43:41 PM
A real case of the uprights between Drumalee and Lavey. Balls coming back off them ending up as goals. Thought Lavey were unlucky not to get a penalty near the end. Poor football to watch. A few petulant digs going in off the ball and a few can thank their lucky stars they didn't get gate.

Don't know what game you were at? there wasnt one off the ball incident throughout,and only 3 bookings,correct me if Im wrong.Was by no means a dirty game. Mite have been poor to watch but at least there was a bit of bite to it.2 well matched teams playing Championship football at a good pace.
Laveys goal came from a rebound off the post,that was it.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Congrats Boojangles-brilliant result for ye. Was up in Breffni. Castlerathan beat Ramor by around 10 points. Much like the Killygarry v Denn game I was at on Thursday, some teams just can't cut it mentally. Ramor fought back from 0-06 0-01 down to be level at 6 each but lost it completely at midfield for a 15 minute spell after the break and Castlerathan walked it without really having to try. Ramor had them against the ropes for the second quarter and they must question themselves as to why they couldn't maintain the effort. They kept Mackey very quiet apart from one great run late on. Ray Cole still soldiering away well at FB and that McNamee lad looked very good if he'd gotten any ball. If Anton Reilly put his talent to use instead of retaliating to every challenge and every decision given against him they'd have fared much better.

cavan4ever

Watters and McKeirnan both got lifts yesteday in ambulances.

Celt_Man

Yea there's talk that Barry may have broken his ankle, hope it's not true. McKiernan fro Swad yea? What way did that finish?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Drung

Barry's injury was nasty enough looking. I heard that G McKiernan from Swad broke his leg badly - hopefully not.
Swad won it by a couple of points.

boojangles

Yes I think Gearoid McKiernan broke his leg,hear it was a bad break too.Swad bet the Gaels by 4,Gaels had a man sent off after 5 minutes.
Was talking to a lad from Drung,they werent sure about Barry Watters injury,think it could be a broken ankle.Wish them both a speedy recovery.Not nice to happen to any young lad but especially when they are 2 very promising footballers.
Ballyhaise bet Killeshandra by 7 points earlier.Ballyhaise looked very impressive and very clinical in front of goals.Killeshandra missed a heap in the first half and Ballyhaise took their chances,that was the difference. Kevin Tierney and Fergal Slowey both came on,which is another bonus for Big S.
Gowna were beating CuCus 12 points to 7 with time near up.Poor game.Pierson picked up a bit of an injury but played on anyway.He still looked impressive.On todays performance,the Gaels would have to b fancied for another Championship.
Redhills bet Drumbride 2-16 to 1-9 in Drumalee.Larry Reilly didnt play.
Laragh and Killinkere drew 2-8 to 0-14

put-it-up

McKiernan is in a bad way from what I am told...Dislocated knee cap, and tore his cruciate aswell I believe...Awful news

Watters I don't think is as bad, its not broken, but he could be in bother with ligaments.

Tomas Reilly limped off today aswell

Lawrence of Knockbride

Ballyhaise did look very good but Killeshandra's tactics are baffling with every free being bombed in by McKiernan with no target. They're at their best when carrying and supporting but they had an off day in that regard. Gowna won in the end. McCabed completely dominated Farrelly at midfield and I thought their brand of accurate foot-passing was very impressive. Agreed that it's the Gaels title to lose having seen 6 contenders play over the weekend.
Why was Larry not playing? The more I think about these amalgamations the worse I think the idea is.
And what about Antrim. Just watched it on BBC and we have little to fear (although of course we're no world beaters and complacecny isn't an option). Donegal had 17 wides and some of them were just atrocious.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 14, 2009, 07:05:53 PM
Ballyhaise did look very good but Killeshandra's tactics are baffling with every free being bombed in by McKiernan with no target. They're at their best when carrying and supporting but they had an off day in that regard. Gowna won in the end. McCabed completely dominated Farrelly at midfield and I thought their brand of accurate foot-passing was very impressive. Agreed that it's the Gaels title to lose having seen 6 contenders play over the weekend.
Why was Larry not playing? The more I think about these amalgamations the worse I think the idea is.
And what about Antrim. Just watched it on BBC and we have little to fear (although of course we're no world beaters and complacecny isn't an option). Donegal had 17 wides and some of them were just atrocious.

Larry has a dead leg.  Redhills were very impressive today and they were missing 2 or 3 key players. 

Fair play to Antrim good win for them.

BallyhaiseMan

Liam Bradley was no doubt at the Cavan/Fermanagh game aswell and will have Cavans tactics well disected.
Dont want to see Michael Brides in at cornerback against Antrim,
Tomas McCann and Paddy Cunningham would roast him.

cavanmaniac

Yep anyone rubbing their hands at the thoughts of an Ulster final because we're "only playing Antrim" in the semi would want to cop on.

All things being equal you would expect us to beat Antrim but you only have to look at Donegal to see what complacency can do, by the time they realised they were in a match, their goose was cooked although poor shooting when dominating the play was what really killed them off more than any great brilliance by Antrim per se.

The Saffrons are full of spirit and hard work though, very reliant on numbers/a deep lying defence like Fermanagh and they do it very well but committing so many numbers has to mean there's men free somewhere, so once again the game plan has to be long quick deliveries from our own 45 or switching play crossfield, and never mind the short passing in the corners that Donegal persisted with. If we go into this game with anything less than 100% application and effort, we could easily lose it, we were fully switched on in that regard against Fermanagh and still played quite poorly IMO and could have lost - we need to heed the warnings.

We don't like being favourites and we need to show we have the balls to perform when expected to win. I'd be hopeful that Tommy and the lads won't piss on their own chips by letting this opportunity slip. An Ulster final appearance with such a young side would be a great achievement in year one and really bring the players along.

BallyhaiseMan

Thankfully as most of our panel were involved in someway or another against Antrim last year and years previously,and have been involved in tough games against them,id like to think there would be no taking anyone for granted.
Ask yourself this, what have we achieved to warrant us taking anyone for granted?
We got past the first round in Ulster for the first time in 4 years,against a team which flopped on the day and still nearly beat us.
An awful lot of work to be done before the 27th if we are to get to an Ulster Final.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...