Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Galway have very good forwards, but not going to power through like Kildare did. Danny Cummins , Shane Walsh, Michael Martin all very good when given space.

Fynns a big loss for them, class midfielder.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on March 08, 2015, 10:32:46 PM
There are a few pricks on Hoganstand like him. That constant message that we have the players to compete at the top level was a cancer for years.. now it's been made worse by the the U21 titles and now encompasses the brand of football we play. I've yet to see a good solid argument against Terry's record given the options available to him, it's usually just assholes with negative IQs who like to rant. Does this go on as much in other counties?

Aye - we've had a few of them spill in here too RichieJ, Dirtyball etc. Thankfully they pissed off back to the gutter. This line about making no progress under Hyland is some laugh and does not hold up under any scrutiny. We have made solid progress but it was never going to be up and up and up with no stopping. We have not unearthed enough forwards, We are struggling with our preferred system of play and there is a real danger of relegation.

What did we have before Hyland? A team with no game plan, feck all committment, struggling to stay in Div 3, getting hammered in championship matches is what.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on March 08, 2015, 10:41:01 PM
Brady should never be in the attacking half of the field. He should be deployed to break an attacker's heart and give simple handpasses when he's coming out of defence.

Moynagh was terrible when he came on. I'd go to Galway and go full blanket defence.. Donegal style. If we try to play football against them they have the footballers to beat us well. I'm heading down to make a weekend of it. Anyone else goin?

Is Sunday mothers day?? That trip could be a problem.

Westside

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 08, 2015, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 08, 2015, 10:41:01 PM
Brady should never be in the attacking half of the field. He should be deployed to break an attacker's heart and give simple handpasses when he's coming out of defence.

Moynagh was terrible when he came on. I'd go to Galway and go full blanket defence.. Donegal style. If we try to play football against them they have the footballers to beat us well. I'm heading down to make a weekend of it. Anyone else goin?

Is Sunday mothers day?? That trip could be a problem.

It is.. Bring her for dinner in Salthill?

comeysfield

Bring Tynan with you as well it would be great craic !!

mylestheslasher

It would be hard to find something bitter enough for him to eat.

Western Blue

Has anybody any news re Killian Clarke's injury. If its only a slight strain a couple of sessions with Ronan Carolan might have him ready for Sunday . Regarding Keating and Gibney did they opt out from League football or because of injuries.

Blue in hope

I heard that Killian Clarke will more than likely be out for the rest of the league!!

rodney trotter

Strong enough Galway team named, barring the Corofin lads and Tom Flynn. Paul Conroy back in the team, missed the first 4 League games. Shane Walsh rested for the u21s. He will add some physical presense in the forward line

Ryan McHugh starting for Donegal Seniors against Kerry, Gallagher obviously not saving him for the u21's

Itchy

We will see if mchugh plays or not, these teams being named dont always come about.

mrdeeds

Hugh Reynolds full forward on Pats Hogan Cup team has died. RIP.

Old yeller

Fantastic result in Galway. We are looking up the table now instead of down. Roscommon have done us a favour by beating Kildare too. Martin Dunne answered a lot of his critics with that performance today, I thought he was fantastic. A good team performance to come back from 5 down at half time, even though I dont think we should've been down by so much at half time. Jack Brady got on the score board too, should've known a shock was on the cards!

rodney trotter

Brilliant win, task was harder when the likes of Argue couldn't be used because of the U21 game on Wednesday and Clarke injured, Reilly suspended, but a great second half performance. Ground conditions suited Dunne and he made a great impact, bar the pen miss.

1 Down 5 4 1 0 91 73 8
2 Meath 4 2 1 1 63 54 5
3 Roscommon 4 2 1 1 72 69 5
4 Cavan 5 2 2 1 65 67 5
5 Galway 4 2 2 0 67 65 4
6 Westmeath 5 2 3 0 69 86 4
7 Laois 4 1 2 1 58 61 3
8 Kildare 5 1 4 0 78 88 2

A win against Westmeath would more then likely keep Cavan up and send Westmeath down. Roscommon winning today too, means Kildare  are very much up against too. They have Laois away next, lose that and they are gone as well.
Cavan could be going into the final game with Meath with an outside chance of promotion

Westside

Based on today's performance, we would be eaten alive in Division 1. Hang on to Division 2 status and I'd be delighted. Fair play to the lads they hung in there and ground out the result. Dunne proved why he's worth his place when the ground suits him, his points were 3 of the best you'll see. From almost impossible angles. It wasn't a bad penalty really, a great save by Breathnach. Gearoid really dominated today too which was good to see. McEnroe, McVeety, Martin Reilly and Rory Dunne all played very well too. Jack Brady looks like he's really lacking in confidence, didn't want to have a shot on goal at all..

Also a special mention must go to Mossy Corr, a forgotten man for the most part but he showed his worth today. Did a Trojan amount of work and his point was brilliant. A bit like the one he scored against Fermanagh a few years back. Just when the game was in the melting pot he busted his way through, rode about 3 big hits and let fly from just outside the 45.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on March 13, 2015, 01:24:50 PM
We will see if mchugh plays or not, these teams being named dont always come about.

He played the full game.. not that's its going to have a major bearing by Wednesday,
Eoin McHugh another u21 player was introduced with 5 minutes to go.

Consolidation of Division 2 this year would do grand  and build on that next year. Cavan had been playing Division 3 since 2008, a long time playing mediocrce teams. Still a gulf up from Div 2 to Div 1.

Monaghan on 24th of May will be the focus soon enough