Big Lottery Winners in Armagh

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 04, 2019, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Is a ticket deemed a contract?

I wouldn't say anyone is deserving of that amount of money but fair play to them and it's nice to see decent people win it and not someone like a mate of johnny adair's.

Milltown Row2

Do you win all of it? I mean does the tax man take some?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 05:40:19 PM
Do you win all of it? I mean does the tax man take some?

No tax on the winnings but there are the usual tax implications for gifts etc

Shamrock Shore

In 26 counties you get over the gift tax issue by saying all your lucky relatives were in a syndicate with you so they get the earnings tax free as they are winners as well.

Don't know the gift threshold amounts in Norn Iron for Capital Acquisitions Tax but I would imagine, lo and behold, a syndicate agreement will be located behind the couch pretty soon that will be very tax efficient.

RedHand88

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 06:21:11 PM
In 26 counties you get over the gift tax issue by saying all your lucky relatives were in a syndicate with you so they get the earnings tax free as they are winners as well.

Don't know the gift threshold amounts in Norn Iron for Capital Acquisitions Tax but I would imagine, lo and behold, a syndicate agreement will be located behind the couch pretty soon that will be very tax efficient.

A syndicate? So 50 people gave 4p each towards the ticket? How does that fly?

thewobbler

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 04, 2019, 06:44:54 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 06:21:11 PM

A syndicate? So 50 people gave 4p each towards the ticket? How does that fly?

The other 10 tickets in the syndicate didn't win.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2019, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 04, 2019, 04:24:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 10:52:58 AM
Mental money and fair f**ks to them.. heard her speaking and she seems really nice and very deserving... hopefully they'll be well advised on their money and have a happy life together!

I personally wouldn't tell a soul if I could help it

+1

I understand in euromillion you are contractually obliged to be open about your winnings
You're not. Purely choice, sure by their own admission the Moira winners said they considered keeping it private. One of the top 4 Euromillion winners opted not to have their identity revealed. I would say the Euromillion people strongly advise revealing your identity as it is great for their brand and a lot of people for resasons of pure vanity would love people seeing how rich they now were.

Olly

Excuse me but I smell a rat. I don't think they won it at all and are just courting publicity for a new business etc. Watch this space is my advice. I think the lottery people have been conned and haven't even asked to see the ticket. Why is there no screenshot of the ticket? And the man seemed very nervous. The woman even seemed a bit too comfortable with jokes etc and may be an actress. I don't buy it.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Targetman

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2019, 07:54:16 PM
Mental money and fair f**ks to them.. heard her speaking and she seems really nice and very deserving... hopefully they'll be well advised on their money and have a happy life together!

+1

I understand in euromillion you are contractually obliged to be open about your winnings
You're not. Purely choice, sure by their own admission the Moira winners said they considered keeping it private. One of the top 4 Euromillion winners opted not to have their identity revealed. I would say the Euromillion people strongly advise revealing your identity as it is great for their brand and a lot of people for resasons of pure vanity would love people seeing how rich they now were.

I think in the national lottery anyway you get a lot more for going public. It's maybe the same here if the contract thing is wrong.

RedHand88

Quote from: Olly on January 04, 2019, 08:12:48 PM
Excuse me but I smell a rat. I don't think they won it at all and are just courting publicity for a new business etc. Watch this space is my advice. I think the lottery people have been conned and haven't even asked to see the ticket. Why is there no screenshot of the ticket? And the man seemed very nervous. The woman even seemed a bit too comfortable with jokes etc and may be an actress. I don't buy it.

Now thats a conspiracy theory

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2019, 09:02:35 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2019, 07:54:16 PM

+1

I think in the national lottery anyway you get a lot more for going public. It's maybe the same here if the contract thing is wrong.

You get no more money for going public? Like wtf? They tell you the prize before you play. Where does this bollocks come from?
https://www.businessinsider.com/what-lotto-winners-go-public-2016-1?r=UK&IR=T

Over the Bar

You do not get more money for going public. You get the sort and professional advice that Camelot provide Which most numpties winning the lottery will need.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 05, 2019, 02:17:26 AM
You do not get more money for going public. You get the sort and professional advice that Camelot provide Which most numpties winning the lottery will need.

So, you'd surely be going public then?  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 05, 2019, 02:17:26 AM

How  much money could they give you to make it worthwhile anyway.
As for advice, I appreciate the average person wouldn't know where to start, but useful advice can be had for a fee they can well afford.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B