Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

It seems some people are more upset by their own imaginations conjuring images of the D4 types (I can see Ross O'Carroll-Kelly now) waving Union Jacks, all shown 24/7 by the treacherous RTE of course, than they are of any likely reality.

When Queenie shows up, shepherded by Cowen, we will have no British flags (unless it is British citizens). We will no doubt have the usual suspects protesting as they are entitled to do, without my support, a position I'm entitled to.

With the exception of some dissident republicans, the war is over. I will not spend every day worrying about some dead guy and whether his decomposed body is capable of turning in its grave because of my thoughts on the matter. I have my own ancestors to think about and more particularly their most recent descendants.

I lived for a while in Queenie's country, didn't like it that much but was made pretty welcome. I won't be cheering because that would require giving a damn, which despite people posting Union Jacks and trying every provocative trick in the book, I wont be changing my mind.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

lads lads you have to see the big picture here. while I'm am vehemently opposed to the queen of england coming to Dublin we must look at where the 26 counties find themselves, 1. the government  since the foundation of the state have been rotten and corrupt passing their power from generation to generation like royalty. 2. these selfish b**tards have sunk the Irish people into debts that it will take 100years to clear if ever. 3. what we are seeing is large blocks of power emerging who are divvying up the worlds dwindling resources and basically ireland is aligning itself with Britain and America.(hence the use of Shannon etc) while trying to keep in with the Europeans. 4. the rise in the strenght of stirling makes ireland more attractive to Brit holiday makers whose numbers have fallen 15% since last year the ash cloud stuff also makes ireland attractive and if the queen has a nice time all the better.(they need their £££'s) 5. paisley has just been wined and dined all round Dublin visits like this paved the way for what we all strive for-- a peaceful and inclusive country.. theres no easy way to get rid of 900,000 prods. people will notice if they start disappearing, we must accommodate them and truthfully there are alot of them who have been everywhere and never been south. 6. this move by cowen should finally get the idea out of our heads that the freestaters give a flying fuk what we think here in the 6 counties. we are in this crap on our own and we always have been. 7. as for protests anyone protesting will be portrayed as knuckle trailing trouble makers and the state police will have no hesitation in beating the living sh1te out of them, and the state broadcaster will make sure that only drunken hippy types are shown (badly dressed) getting whacked, whereas only nice people will meet Liz. 8. the English monarchy still own a huge amount of property here eg lord Shirley carrickmacross, lord caledon caledon and on and on.. they still own areas of Dublin newry Belfast cork limerick on and on.. buildings that the people in them cant even find out who owns them because they are handled by agents. eg donegal square in Belfast has nothing to do with donegal the county, the land there is owned by lord donegal, these lands were awarded to the lords by the royals and remain the gift of the monarchy. while Liz will not see all her property rest assured she will be among friends and relations when she makes it to Dublin.
Finally this whole thing will go down well cause Irish people are stupid- they take it up the arse. it doesn't matter whether its the queen, the Irish chieftains, the politicians, the clergy, the bankers, the landlords, the Brits, the yanks etc etc we've been doing it since the vikings, a boat load or two of guys wearing horns on their heads landed here and gave a whole country a kicking and took all our good looking women away back to Scandinavia and left us with the mullingar heifers we have now. :) >:( ::) and what did we do? NOTHING! its what we do best >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

stephenite

Quote from: lawnseed on June 27, 2010, 01:57:15 AM
lads lads you have to see the big picture here. while I'm am vehemently opposed to the queen of england coming to Dublin we must look at where the 26 counties find themselves, 1. the government  since the foundation of the state have been rotten and corrupt passing their power from generation to generation like royalty. 2. these selfish b**tards have sunk the Irish people into debts that it will take 100years to clear if ever. 3. what we are seeing is large blocks of power emerging who are divvying up the worlds dwindling resources and basically ireland is aligning itself with Britain and America.(hence the use of Shannon etc) while trying to keep in with the Europeans. 4. the rise in the strenght of stirling makes ireland more attractive to Brit holiday makers whose numbers have fallen 15% since last year the ash cloud stuff also makes ireland attractive and if the queen has a nice time all the better.(they need their £££'s) 5. paisley has just been wined and dined all round Dublin visits like this paved the way for what we all strive for-- a peaceful and inclusive country.. theres no easy way to get rid of 900,000 prods. people will notice if they start disappearing, we must accommodate them and truthfully there are alot of them who have been everywhere and never been south. 6. this move by cowen should finally get the idea out of our heads that the freestaters give a flying fuk what we think here in the 6 counties. we are in this crap on our own and we always have been. 7. as for protests anyone protesting will be portrayed as knuckle trailing trouble makers and the state police will have no hesitation in beating the living sh1te out of them, and the state broadcaster will make sure that only drunken hippy types are shown (badly dressed) getting whacked, whereas only nice people will meet Liz. 8. the English monarchy still own a huge amount of property here eg lord Shirley carrickmacross, lord caledon caledon and on and on.. they still own areas of Dublin newry Belfast cork limerick on and on.. buildings that the people in them cant even find out who owns them because they are handled by agents. eg donegal square in Belfast has nothing to do with donegal the county, the land there is owned by lord donegal, these lands were awarded to the lords by the royals and remain the gift of the monarchy. while Liz will not see all her property rest assured she will be among friends and relations when she makes it to Dublin.
Finally this whole thing will go down well cause Irish people are stupid- they take it up the arse. it doesn't matter whether its the queen, the Irish chieftains, the politicians, the clergy, the bankers, the landlords, the Brits, the yanks etc etc we've been doing it since the vikings, a boat load or two of guys wearing horns on their heads landed here and gave a whole country a kicking and took all our good looking women away back to Scandinavia and left us with the mullingar heifers we have now. :) >:( ::) and what did we do? NOTHING! its what we do best >:(

After a bad morning, that has cheered me up no end - that piece in bold in particular is up there with the best that's been written on this board

give her dixie

Quote from: lawnseed on June 27, 2010, 01:57:15 AM

Sums it all up in one post......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Pangurban

If only Lawnseed had an opportunity to make that speech in the Dail.

Agnes Dipesto

Tell it like it is LS. That last bit was priceless. :D

Hereiam

Thats the post of the year for me LS. Sums it all up pretty well. I would say the amount of land the brits control on the this island as a whole would if published shock alot of people. Once again great post.

muppet

Quotewe've been doing it since the vikings, a boat load or two of guys wearing horns on their heads landed here and gave a whole country a kicking and took all our good looking women away back to Scandinavia and left us with the mullingar heifers we have now.    and what did we do? NOTHING! its what we do best

I'd say you would be a great man to go for a pint with.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

I watched on TV the other night the discussions in the Seanad about this. Members were tripping over themselves to talk about how it would be an honour to have the English Queen visit and speak of their aspirations to have her visit their own areas. I was bubbling with anger because I couldnt's stop thinking about the families, including neighbours of my own, who lost people to collusion and were possibly watching that. I know where my support lies.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Aerlik

Alot of you seem to have forgotten that she has been visiting Ireland...you know that part of Ireland that SOOOOO many of you in the 26 forget (either by function, complacency or design) exists.  And where are you when she was here?  The silence about your loyalty to your countrymen in the 6 counties is not only deafening, but f**king sickening.  Take the carrot out of your arses and start standing up for you fellow Irishpeople in the north rather than trying to outscore each other with your quasi-policital soundbites.  F U C K I N G cringeworthy.

This is our island, our nation as much as yours. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

muppet

Quote from: Aerlik on June 27, 2010, 04:01:08 PM
Alot of you seem to have forgotten that she has been visiting Ireland...you know that part of Ireland that SOOOOO many of you in the 26 forget (either by function, complacency or design) exists.  And where are you when she was here?  The silence about your loyalty to your countrymen in the 6 counties is not only deafening, but f**king sickening.  Take the carrot out of your arses and start standing up for you fellow Irishpeople in the north rather than trying to outscore each other with your quasi-policital soundbites.  F U C K I N G cringeworthy.

You said it.
MWWSI 2017

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Aerlik on June 27, 2010, 04:01:08 PM

Our island in heart, if not in legislation. The Queen can do what she likes up "there"
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Bottom line, I am taking a few days off, and on the drink, when Thatcher checks out. The queen? Couldn't give a do dah about her, she is there by accident. It's the ones they elect that have done the damage, north, south and in Engerland.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

muppet

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 27, 2010, 08:51:21 PM
Bottom line, I am taking a few days off, and on the drink, when Thatcher checks out. The queen? Couldn't give a do dah about her, she is there by accident. It's the ones they elect that have done the damage, north, south and in Engerland.

Nail on the head.
MWWSI 2017

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 27, 2010, 02:20:00 PM
I watched on TV the other night the discussions in the Seanad about this. Members were tripping over themselves to talk about how it would be an honour to have the English Queen visit and speak of their aspirations to have her visit their own areas. I was bubbling with anger because I couldnt's stop thinking about the families, including neighbours of my own, who lost people to collusion and were possibly watching that. I know where my support lies.
Republican or loyalist collusion?