Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

trailer

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2023, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 11, 2023, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2023, 07:48:09 PM
Finucane can't complain about loyalist violence anymore.

Why?

Because he supports Republican violence.

He spoke at an Easter Commemoration a few months back. Why was he ok to complain about loyalist violence up until today?

Snapchap

Come on now Trailer. Try adulting.

Why was he ok to complain about loyalist violence up until today? What changed today?

trailer

I think once he supports republican violence he cannot condemn loyalist violence. The time line is irrelevant... unless you're suggesting they're different?

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2023, 10:35:16 PM
I think once he supports republican violence he cannot condemn loyalist violence. The time line is irrelevant... unless you're suggesting they're different?

You said he can't complain about loyalist violence "anymore". Your use of the word "anymore" suggests that the timeline is important as it implies that something changed, and presumably today. So what changed today? Why was he ok to complain about loyalist violence up until now?

RedHand88

I think it needs pointed out that attending a memorial does not mean you support the actions of that person/group of people whilst they were alive.

johnnycool

Unionism and the BBC struggling in accepting that to a lot of nationalists that the RUC/UDR/BA were not honest brokers in this conflict and consider the November commemorations for these organisations as a false equivalence to what John Finucane attended yesterday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on June 12, 2023, 11:00:13 AM
Unionism and the BBC struggling in accepting that to a lot of nationalists that the RUC/UDR/BA were not honest brokers in this conflict and consider the November commemorations for these organisations as a false equivalence to what John Finucane attended yesterday.

They are struggling to find something to divide the place and any opportunity will be highlighted and used.. Whether it was John or MoN or anyone it would still have created a stir

Said before this place is getting worse and while we aint killing each other its not a good place to be
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2023, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 11, 2023, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2023, 07:48:09 PM
Finucane can't complain about loyalist violence anymore.

Why?

Because he supports Republican violence.
That is libel. I have never heard John Finucane support Republican violence.

Main Street

It's not libel, it's just trailer trash. Ignore the gobshíte.

Rossfan

Any SFrs attend a 50th anniversary commemoration in Coleraine today?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

markl121

Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2023, 07:09:18 PM
Any SFrs attend a 50th anniversary commemoration in Coleraine today?
The Archibald sisters

trailer

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/11/07/sinn-fein-td-chris-andrews-sues-the-irish-times/

This is very worrying.

Personally I feel the Irish people in the 26 will regret it if they get into power. I don't think they are a totally democratic party, nor are they particularly concerned about democracy in general.