Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 15, 2021, 11:44:07 AM

Sure, and Ann Travers and Brian Stack are probably "sub-human trolls" too

If I may just focus in on a quote here and compare it with the below.

At some point down the line the same poster had his Eoghan Harris Road to Damascus conversion.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on March 20, 2021, 03:12:42 PM
Watchdog probes Sinn Féin finances over office bought for €180k in cash

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/watchdog-probes-sinn-fein-finances-over-officebought-for-180k-in-cash-40218402.html

This is not a normal political party.

So is it illegal to buy a property with cash these days?

Rossfan

It's required to be reported by the Estate Agent/Solicitors involved under money laundering laws.
Shall we say it STINKS!!
We'd have 25 pages since 15.12 if this was any other Party.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

You also have the €4m donation left to them in a will. Under Irish law political parties aren't allowed to accept this large amount, but SF claimed it through the UK qhi have different rules. If any other party had done this Mary Lou would have been accusing them of corruption

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246

Franko

Something stinks to high heaven about this one!

general_lee

SF had a lot of money before the £4m donation, which in any case they haven't even received in it's entirety.

dublin7

Quote from: general_lee on March 20, 2021, 07:15:31 PM
SF had a lot of money before the £4m donation, which in any case they haven't even received in it's entirety.

They didn't turn it down saying they couldn't accept it under law though. Yet another example of SF hypocrisy

general_lee

Quote from: dublin7 on March 20, 2021, 07:16:42 PM

They didn't turn it down saying they couldn't accept it under law though. Yet another example of SF hypocrisy
Not really but whatever you think yourself.

dublin7

Quote from: general_lee on March 20, 2021, 07:35:15 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on March 20, 2021, 07:16:42 PM

Not really but whatever you think yourself.

Fair enough. It's not surprising you think differently. I think it's quite clear to everyone here SF supporters apply different rules to others that strangely don't apply to themselves. At least that's one policy they are consistent on

bennydorano

Does anybody think SF are not Charlatans? Even their own supporters must have a lot of moments.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on March 20, 2021, 07:09:39 PM
You also have the €4m donation left to them in a will. Under Irish law political parties aren't allowed to accept this large amount, but SF claimed it through the UK qhi have different rules. If any other party had done this Mary Lou would have been accusing them of corruption

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246

Seems an utterly bizarre claim you're making.

They were left money in a will. What's the issue here?

There's a Taoiseach in office now who took £5k from a dodgy property developer (who later had to give evidence in a tribunal) claiming it was a political donation yet it was lodged into his wife's bank account and expenditure not accounted for. These has never been properly explained by the current Taoiseach and the current Taoiseach also had to give evidence in the Mahon Tribunal where we was found out point blank to have told lies about his relationship with the said property developer. I've never seen you raise concern at that.

Now I know full well you will ignore this question and these incidents as you have a one eyed commentary but I think we should see you trolling and bias for all it.

It's right that anything fishy regarding the purchase of the property should be investigated I might add.

I would find it incredible that  anyone would find a political party accepting money left to them in a will more fishy than the head of state accepting bungs from property developers and saying they were political donations when they were lodged to a personal bank account and expenditure was unaccounted for.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

armaghniac

We don't want people accepting bugs from anyone, whataboutery is not the point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B