Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: michaelg on March 13, 2021, 01:37:07 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 10:30:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2021, 09:39:22 PM
It's bizarre, I understand if working in an environment like the shipyard/Shortts like I did, I expected that and in fairness the reality wasn't as bad as what outsiders thought.

But in every other working environment I've been in after that it's been nothing but friendly, good banter with proper slagging and no one taking things thick

I know don't forget I work almost entirely with Catholics, so people are free to say what they really think most of the time 😜
Aye - A bit of harmless anti protestant / unionist / loyalist slagging - Sure, it's all a bit of craic sure, and it's not remotely sectarian or bigoted in any way!
PS - I appreciate you have previously addressed the elephant in the room yourself, but your last post is quite telling and backs up your original point quite nicely

It does indeed,sometimes the truth cuts deep, I hope through all of this you have realised how much it disgusts me.  It's up there with casual racism (rife), casual homophobia (rife). You wouldn't believe how many people know I've number of family members that are gay and yet keep forgetting not to use the word fruit, fag etc etc constantly. I always get ah sorry I forgot , but thats I'm sure how the single prod in the room feels-he gets the oh I'm sorry bit too.

Itchy

You must look forward to a united ireland then as the more South you go on the island the less people know about the religion of their neighbours and friends. What you describe is the outcome of the set up a nasty little sectarian statelet from day 1.

charlieTully

Pretty even split where I work. Only thing I notice is unionists deliberately saying Irish names incorrectly. The black btsards

general_lee

90% nationalist/Republican where I work. A couple of ones from Sandy Row, Mount Vernon, Omagh that kick with the other foot. A bit of light slagging but everyone gets it regardless of religion. Charlie Tully maybe you should try teaching them Irish, the wee lad from mount vernon has a cúpla focal courtesy of our efforts

imtommygunn

It's bizarre, I understand if working in an environment like the shipyard/Shortts like I did, I expected that and in fairness the reality wasn't as bad as what outsiders thought.

But in every other working environment I've been in after that it's been nothing but friendly, good banter with proper slagging and no one taking things thick

I know don't forget I work almost entirely with Catholics, so people are free to say what they really think most of the time 😜
Aye - A bit of harmless anti protestant / unionist / loyalist slagging - Sure, it's all a bit of craic sure, and it's not remotely sectarian or bigoted in any way!
PS - I appreciate you have previously addressed the elephant in the room yourself, but your last post is quite telling and backs up your original point quite nicely

The whole thing is bollocks michaelg. Most nationalists my arse.

tonto1888

That's a load of nonsense. How does it back up his original point? Go back and read his original point and tell me how it backs it up

Applesisapples

I'm struggling to understand SF strategy on abortion in the North. Why did they abstain as supporters of the right to choose? I would like a constructive answer from a SF supporter and not the usual anti SF commentary. On balance I would probably be supportive of this clause if it puts the abortion in the case of non foetal abnormality on the same footing as a normal diagnosis. I would be a supporter of a women's right to choose, having been given the support to make an informed choice. But as with most Catholics I am conflicted to some degree.

trailer

See that dose Chris Hazzard spewing rubbish again last night. Man would need his phone taken off him. SF's answer to Sammy Wilson.

johnnycool

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 16, 2021, 08:47:58 AM
I'm struggling to understand SF strategy on abortion in the North. Why did they abstain as supporters of the right to choose? I would like a constructive answer from a SF supporter and not the usual anti SF commentary. On balance I would probably be supportive of this clause if it puts the abortion in the case of non foetal abnormality on the same footing as a normal diagnosis. I would be a supporter of a women's right to choose, having been given the support to make an informed choice. But as with most Catholics I am conflicted to some degree.

Seems a bit of an own goal by the Shinners. If they've a strategy for doing what they did then they better get it out there ASAP.

don't know enough about this DUP bill, but what impact will it have on the full abortion bill passed in Westminster? Is it as meaningless as some believe?

Has to be noted that a lot of the SDLP voted Aye, along with the DUP and even our local Alliance MLA.

Rossfan

As Fear Bun put it on the other thread they  know their voters in the 6 Cos are more Conservative on this issue than their (newer) voters in the 26.
If you want to be Populist you've got to go with the popular view.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 09:10:00 AM
As Fear Bun put it on the other thread they  know their voters in the 6 Cos are more Conservative on this issue than their (newer) voters in the 26.

There's a certain amount of truth in that as the SDLP also know but you can't be an AI party one minute and have a different policy of something as profound in this in both jurisdictions.

If what I'm being told is correct the abortion will be legalised in the North due to the WM bill, the one voted on last night was to amend the ability of a woman to abort a fetus with non-fatal abnormalities.

As a man, I'd agree with that, but also as a man I don't think I should enforce my will on a woman who I don't know anything about or the circumstances that she finds herself in.

We hear all this bluster about supporting the mother to carry the baby yet they cut the fúck out of social services and the likes.
Get that bit right and maybe mothers in difficult circumstances might be less likely to want to abort the child.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2021, 08:52:08 AM
See that dose Chris Hazzard spewing rubbish again last night. Man would need his phone taken off him. SF's answer to Sammy Wilson.

You're fairly tiresome with your political mudslinging.

The fact you're a partisan stoop says it all though.

Has Colum managed to stop Brexit yet?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Applesisapples

Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2021, 09:26:54 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2021, 09:10:00 AM

There's a certain amount of truth in that as the SDLP also know but you can't be an AI party one minute and have a different policy of something as profound in this in both jurisdictions.

If what I'm being told is correct the abortion will be legalised in the North due to the WM bill, the one voted on last night was to amend the ability of a woman to abort a fetus with non-fatal abnormalities.

As a man, I'd agree with that, but also as a man I don't think I should enforce my will on a woman who I don't know anything about or the circumstances that she finds herself in.

We hear all this bluster about supporting the mother to carry the baby yet they cut the fúck out of social services and the likes.
Get that bit right and maybe mothers in difficult circumstances might be less likely to want to abort the child.
Paul Given made the point this morning that this would bring abortion here into line with the ROI.

Louther

It's little wonder the noise they making about Leotheleak down here when they are, once again, changing their policies north against what they supported down south. Mind you they left it very late in the referendum to row in behind the yes vote, funny enough when they polls showed that the vote was going to be yes. Matt Carty, who is terrible unless he is reading from his script, was challenged last night about why they had changed tact from Sunday on their Leotheleak position from letting the criminal investigation run its course to an aggressive position yesterday. Bit of deflection for their fence sitting? Has the army council ordered a different position in the assembly?

They've stuck the heads in the sand it seems since and haven't addressed their position yet. But lot of women's groups, north and south, looking answers.

trailer

When you try to be all things to all people you end up being of no use to anyone.