Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 01:20:36 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 19, 2021, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on February 19, 2021, 12:06:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2021, 11:11:52 AM
Even Sinn Féin think some Volunteers are less equal than others

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/commemoration-for-ira-bomber-supported-by-sinn-fein-branch-is-cancelled-40107930.html

I'm assuming you read the article and how it states it was cancelled at request of the family?

It was cancelled by the family, but should it have been organised in the first place and promoted by SF? I suppose it depends on how you view the IRA and their campaign in the UK
Did you not read the article either?

The online commemoration for Edward O'Brien, which was organised by Edward's father Miley and supported by Wexford Sinn Féin

I did. Did you read beyond Edward's father?

If a father wants to commemorate his son, that's one thing, but for a political party to publicly support this, then it is an issue for me. Sure it'l be a popular move with their own supporters but if they're looking to gain more votes in the next election in the south links like this will do them more harm than good with the undecided voters.

I can't believe someone along the way didn't tell them to take the Wexford GAA crest off the commemoration.

Ignore this troll.

He has been found out as a liar and we should leave it at that.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

HiMucker

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/commemoration-for-ira-bomber-supported-by-sinn-fein-branch-is-cancelled-40107930.html

I'm assuming you read the article and how it states it was cancelled at request of the family?

It was cancelled by the family, but should it have been organised in the first place and promoted by SF? I suppose it depends on how you view the IRA and their campaign in the UK

The online commemoration for Edward O'Brien, which was organised by Edward's father Miley and supported by Wexford Sinn Féin

If a father wants to commemorate his son, that's one thing, but for a political party to publicly support this, then it is an issue for me. Sure it'l be a popular move with their own supporters but if they're looking to gain more votes in the next election in the south links like this will do them more harm than good with the undecided voters.

I can't believe someone along the way didn't tell them to take the Wexford GAA crest off the commemoration.
Ffs their links with the past has been well established at this stage. A re run of constant mud slinging at every election cycle has ensured that, I don't think it will make much difference at this stage

sid waddell

Looks like Sinn Fein are telling porkies here

Varadkar said the family did not support it and given the family were unequivocal 25 years ago about their hatred for the PIRA - they had no knowledge their son was involved and told SF/PIRA to stay away from the funeral - a request unheeded by SF/PIRA - it seems fairly obvious who is telling the truth here and who is not

general_lee

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 19, 2021, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2021, 01:07:10 PM
And they want to be in government... running round commemorating people who took innocent civilians lives. Imagine a SF Taoiseach at PIRA commemoration.
OK, go on then hit me with a load of false equivalence and whataboutery.

Ok, I'll bite. I'm a SF/SDLP voter. Not SFs biggest fan in recent years with the direction the party is going, but isn't this the exact same as the Taoiseach attending an Easter rising commemoration? Go on, tell me I'm wrong because its a different time etc etc. We'll go round m circles and nobody will have changed their mind... 8)

For what it's worth, I think sensitivities should be respected regarding either event.
Why would you even bother engaging these sanctimonious, holier than thou hypocrites. They're every bit as bad as the Unionists, who shamelessly commemorate acts of violence and their perpetrators, but choke on their own disgust when Irish Republicans remember their dead. It seems commemorating acts of violence and the organisations who perpetrated such violence is totally dependent on who committed it and when.

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 01:28:47 PM

Looks like Sinn Fein are telling porkies here

Varadkar said the family did not support it and given the family were unequivocal 25 years ago about their hatred for the PIRA - they had no knowledge their son was involved and told SF/PIRA to stay away from the funeral - a request unheeded by SF/PIRA - it seems fairly obvious who is telling the truth here and who is not

Former PIRA supporter Eoghan Sidney Harris contradicting himself again.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on February 19, 2021, 01:07:10 PM
And they want to be in government... running round commemorating people who took innocent civilians lives. Imagine a SF Taoiseach at PIRA commemoration.
OK, go on then hit me with a load of false equivalence and whataboutery.

"OK, go on then, draw attention to the sheer hypocrisy that's jumping out of my post and slapping you across the face"

JohnDenver

I'd hazard a guess SF wouldn't be wasting much time or thoughts on the likes of yourself

sid waddell

The gas thing about several posters here is that had they been born a few miles down the road they'd likely have been sending death threats to James McClean

Absolute balloons

sid waddell

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 19, 2021, 02:26:00 PM

I'd hazard a guess SF wouldn't be wasting much time or thoughts on the likes of yourself
That's a very sneering response

Shinnerbots do a mean line in sneering at anybody who doesn't think like them, ie. anybody who doesn't eulogise murderers

dublin7

Thanks for the compliment.

SF should be worried though about the non party voters in the south. Those are the votes that will decide how many seats they get in the next election. Labour found out in the south that their popularity/vote share can quickly collapse from one election to the other

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 02:27:24 PM
The gas thing about several posters here is that had they been born a few miles down the road they'd likely have been sending death threats to James McClean

Absolute balloons

Coming from a chap who likes to comment on matters he hasn't the first notion about and then proceeds to mock the dead online.

Would you like to mock the death of their son to the O'Brien family or do you just feel man enough to do it online?

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 02:30:48 PM

Thanks for the compliment.

SF should be worried though about the non party voters in the south. Those are the votes that will decide how many seats they get in the next election. Labour found out in the south that their popularity/vote share can quickly collapse from one election to the other

I don't think SF would want a right wing troll like you voting for them though.

Rossfan

SF seem to think trying to attract/keep 26 Co middle class voters is more important than honouring a Volunteer from the 26 from recent times..
That might well be construed as "hypocritical, sanctimonious or holier than thou" by its loyal followers in the 6 but obviously they weren't told of the different emphasis here 😉
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2021, 02:53:39 PM
SF seem to think trying to attract/keep 26 Co middle class voters is more important than honouring a Volunteer from the 26 from recent times..
That might well be construed as "hypocritical, sanctimonious or holier than thou" by its loyal followers in the 6 but obviously they weren't told of the different emphasis here 😉
Tough dilemma for the Shinnerbots here

The party leadership continues to shit all over party members who want to commemorate murderers or simpletons who blew themselves up like Edward O'Brien

Therefore it would be hypocritical for these posters to continue to support the party

But to abandon the party would be sanctimonious and holier than thou

Their own words have trapped them in this dilemma

Their own words make them look like the fools they are

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on February 19, 2021, 02:29:12 PM

That's a very sneering response

Shinnerbots do a mean line in sneering at anybody who doesn't think like them, ie. anybody who doesn't eulogise murderers
I take you booed all the 1916 commemorations then...