Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 04, 2021, 12:55:26 PM
It will never happen, SF have no interest in it either. Do you think Gerry Adams for example is going to tell you about his part in the armed conflict for example ? Too many skeletons in cupboards, for the Brits & republicans, do you think every IRA informer or double agent was uncovered ? No chance. It's all too messy
I agree it will be messy for all involved and part of me thinks SF only call for it knowing full well that the other side have much more to lose and will therefore never consent

Rossfan

Spot on General.
They'll all wait till all the participants have passed away as far too many murky secrets all round.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: marty34 on February 04, 2021, 12:54:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 04, 2021, 12:18:30 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 04, 2021, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 04, 2021, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 04, 2021, 11:55:16 AM
South Africa held a Truth and Reconciliation commission after apartheid ended which went some waying to dealing with the issues in their country. There doesn't seem to be any interest from any party to do something in this country. Instead we see victims used as political footballs by politicans (especially come elections) in both the north and the south
Correct me if I am wrong but have SF not been calling for one for years?

I don't know? Its not something they've made an issue of in the south anyway. I don't remember hearing about it as part of their election manifesto down here. It certainly wasn't an issue they or any other party brought up in the campaign

SF have been calling for an international independent truth commission for decades but guess what? The Free State, the Brits and unionism don't want it because what will show how northern nationalists were terrorised by the state while all three parties against this commission (Britsih state, Free State, Unionism) were either actively involved in it or sat on their hands and helped cover it up.

Do you really think FFG want the truth to come out about the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? That they knew of British state involvement in the mass murder of their citizens and tried to suppress that information and thwart the investigation?

Sssshh Angelo, Dublin7 doesn't want to hear things like that - it doesn't suit his narrative.

His use of the word 'terrorist' is the give away.

How would you decscribe the IRA/UVF etc Would you call them freedom fighters?

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 04, 2021, 01:15:34 PM
South Africa held a Truth and Reconciliation commission after apartheid ended which went some waying to dealing with the issues in their country. There doesn't seem to be any interest from any party to do something in this country. Instead we see victims used as political footballs by politicans (especially come elections) in both the north and the south

I don't know? Its not something they've made an issue of in the south anyway. I don't remember hearing about it as part of their election manifesto down here. It certainly wasn't an issue they or any other party brought up in the campaign

SF have been calling for an international independent truth commission for decades but guess what? The Free State, the Brits and unionism don't want it because what will show how northern nationalists were terrorised by the state while all three parties against this commission (Britsih state, Free State, Unionism) were either actively involved in it or sat on their hands and helped cover it up.

Do you really think FFG want the truth to come out about the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? That they knew of British state involvement in the mass murder of their citizens and tried to suppress that information and thwart the investigation?

Sssshh Angelo, Dublin7 doesn't want to hear things like that - it doesn't suit his narrative.

I'd say the Provos had more integrity than the old IRA.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

This whole victim and reconciliation process by all parties is a complete charade. It's all about buying time. Push the process down the road. SF, the British Government, The Irish Government are all complicit. They are just drawing the whole process out for as long as possible until the relatives die. It's simple. Look at the TV every time one of these cases makes it to court. The age of people. They're all in their latter years.
People are deluded if you think SF, the two governments or anyone else involved for that matter care one iota about victims. Could you imagine the panic within SF if the two governments started to release information around the activities that they got up to. Imagine if the British government and the SAS started to release the information around Loughgall for example and whose doorstep that would lead too. That's just one example of 100s of possible examples. So SF have no interest in truth. Neither do the two governments.

So yes MM was out of line but it's just another example of another act that all the major players are acting out. 

marty34

Quote from: general_lee on February 04, 2021, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 04, 2021, 12:55:26 PM
It will never happen, SF have no interest in it either. Do you think Gerry Adams for example is going to tell you about his part in the armed conflict for example ? Too many skeletons in cupboards, for the Brits & republicans, do you think every IRA informer or double agent was uncovered ? No chance. It's all too messy
I agree it will be messy for all involved and part of me thinks SF only call for it knowing full well that the other side have much more to lose and will therefore never consent

Was Mc Guinness at the Bloody Sunday tribunal?

marty34

Which IRA are you talking about?

The good IRA or the bad IRA?

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on February 04, 2021, 01:42:22 PM
This whole victim and reconciliation process by all parties is a complete charade. It's all about buying time. Push the process down the road. SF, the British Government, The Irish Government are all complicit. They are just drawing the whole process out for as long as possible until the relatives die. It's simple. Look at the TV every time one of these cases makes it to court. The age of people. They're all in their latter years.
People are deluded if you think SF, the two governments or anyone else involved for that matter care one iota about victims. Could you imagine the panic within SF if the two governments started to release information around the activities that they got up to. Imagine if the British government and the SAS started to release the information around Loughgall for example and whose doorstep that would lead too. That's just one example of 100s of possible examples. So SF have no interest in truth. Neither do the two governments.

So yes MM was out of line but it's just another example of another act that all the major players are acting out.

Amazing when asked to comment on MM your post includes more references to SF than the man who should be in the firing line.

The main establishment parties in the Free State have most to lose as they covered up the biggest terrorist atrocity in their own state because the British State was involved. SF regularly regularly have the mudslingers out at them so I can't see them being anywhere near as worried as the Free State establishment or British governments would be.

trailer

Quote from: Angelo on February 04, 2021, 01:52:58 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 04, 2021, 01:42:22 PM

Amazing when asked to comment on MM your post includes more references to SF than the man who should be in the firing line.

The main establishment parties in the Free State have most to lose as they covered up the biggest terrorist atrocity in their own state because the British State was involved. SF regularly regularly have the mudslingers out at them so I can't see them being anywhere near as worried as the Free State establishment or British governments would be.

Sucks doesn't it Angelo. A load of ex-IRA members are members of SF. Many in high office. They're just gonna have to suck it up. They can't be commemorating IRA activities and operations and then want to disown it when it comes to people searching for the truth. They can't have it both ways and unless they come forward and start to explain what went on then they must live with this "mud slinging" or as others call it "asking for the truth"

dublin7

Quote from: marty34 on February 04, 2021, 01:47:07 PM

There are alot of offshoots/groups from the original 1919 version aren't there. I'd struggle to name them all to be honest. To keep it simple I would describe the IRA, Provsional IRA etc. and all the other versions formed from the 1970s onwards as terrorist organisations. I can see why they were originally formed to help people in the early days,no one would object to that, but somewhere along the way that changed and you ended up with organisations launching bombing campaigns against innocent people. How would you describe them?   

Snapchap

Quote from: dublin7 on February 04, 2021, 02:02:55 PM

There are alot of offshoots/groups from the original 1919 version aren't there. I'd struggle to name them all to be honest. To keep it simple I would describe the IRA, Provsional IRA etc. and all the other versions formed from the 1970s onwards as terrorist organisations. I can see why they were originally formed to help people in the early days,no one would object to that, but somewhere along the way that changed and you ended up with organisations launching bombing campaigns against innocent people. How would you describe them?

So the Old IRA weren't a terrorist organisation too? What about the 1916 Volunteers? Terrorists?

marty34

You worded that very well indeed - typical Fianna Gael.

So the 'old' IRA were noble warriors etc. etc.

People in the north won't be taking lectures from the likes of you.

When the comparsion is made between the two, the free staters soon trip over themselves with the classic 'but that was different...blah, blah blah.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 04, 2021, 02:28:50 PM

You worded that very well indeed - typical Fianna Gael.

So the 'old' IRA were noble warriors etc. etc.

People in the north won't be taking lectures from the likes of you.

When the comparsion is made between the two, the free staters soon trip over themselves with the classic 'but that was different...blah, blah blah.

It's easy to see dublin7 is one of those who would have backed the ethnic cleansing his IRA committed down in West Cork, backed the 100s they disappeared during the War of Independence, backed the scores of RIC officers they murdered in that time, backed all the civilians killed during the Rising, backed the Civil war, the tit for tat killings, gunning gov ministers on their way to church, taking prisoners out of their cells in reprisals, tying them to a tree and detonating a landmine beside them.

The good old IRA, the portraits of Dev and Collins hanging in their Free State governments.

The double standards of the shameful free state establishment.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pbat

Be interesting when the SF get into government in the south the reaction to getting there hands on the information to Dublin/Monaghan etc will be.