Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 12:51:48 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 12:50:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 10:08:19 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 03, 2021, 09:18:24 AM
What is the story with the taxi driver situation? Is it just black taxi men or the private taxis too? Every tweet Mallon puts out she gets abuse from the taxi men. Is it her doing or what are the issues? I see that some had "furloughed" their insurance and got nothing and then there's the amount of the payment itself and how late that was.

Is that her doing? Is it Dodds's doing? Is it both?? (I don't know but am genuinely interested as in general she's very good but that is her major black mark if it is a black mark).

I think the money has to come from Finance or Economy-it hasn't yet

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

So you don't actually know.

Just wanted to clarify.

I actually don't care, its either or lad, take your pick Dodds and Murphy not up to much

Odd that you don't care.

Or Mallon for that matter who is overseeing this shitshow. You sure you're not a stoop. You do a lot of defending of them for someone who doesn't vote for them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 01:06:28 PM
What is the story with the taxi driver situation? Is it just black taxi men or the private taxis too? Every tweet Mallon puts out she gets abuse from the taxi men. Is it her doing or what are the issues? I see that some had "furloughed" their insurance and got nothing and then there's the amount of the payment itself and how late that was.

Is that her doing? Is it Dodds's doing? Is it both?? (I don't know but am genuinely interested as in general she's very good but that is her major black mark if it is a black mark).

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

Just wanted to clarify.

I actually don't care, its either or lad, take your pick Dodds and Murphy not up to much

Odd that you don't care.

Or Mallon for that matter who is overseeing this shitshow. You sure you're not a stoop. You do a lot of defending of them for someone who doesn't vote for them.

Im sure.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 01:27:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 01:06:28 PM

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

Just wanted to clarify.

Odd that you don't care.

Im sure.

Odd you spend a lot of time defending them. ;)

Angelo

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 08:28:01 PM
What an absolute guttersnipe of a politician Michael Martin is.

https://twitter.com/Farrell_Mairead/status/1356991206484492288

A typical west brit.

Crass behaviour from Martin but not unexpected.

pbat

Rep. Kevin J. Boyle
@RepKevinBoyle
Would be hard pressed to find a more insensitive response to a relative of someone murdered in cold blood by British state forces. This reaction was deliberate however because this is a well rehearsed strategy in covering up British state terrorism so not to outrage the public.

Martin mighten be as welcome in Washington Patrick's Day as he thinks.

Angelo

Quote from: pbat on February 03, 2021, 10:16:31 PM

Rep. Kevin J. Boyle
@RepKevinBoyle
Would be hard pressed to find a more insensitive response to a relative of someone murdered in cold blood by British state forces. This reaction was deliberate however because this is a well rehearsed strategy in covering up British state terrorism so not to outrage the public.

That tweet will have Martin pumping in cold sweat.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Rep. Kevin J. Boyle
@RepKevinBoyle

Would it not be better to shun Boris , I think that would be more effective really , ah they will all be happy families come paddies whenever it happens again.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 10:57:08 PM

Rep. Kevin J. Boyle
@RepKevinBoyle

Would it not be better to shun Boris , I think that would be more effective really , ah they will all be happy families come paddies whenever it happens again.

I suppose you agree with the disgraceful comments from Martin? The free state continues to fail northern nationalists and those comments were beyond disgraceful.

6th sam

Michael Martin is very unimpressive as Taoiseach on many levels. As a "northerner " not only do I feel he has no empathy or understanding of the north, he's actually antagonistic to the northern "Irish" , as if he appears to fear a United ireland. The apparent link with the SDLP is bizarre as there appears to be no substance or strategy behind this. It's about time that "Irish " people on the whole island got together to set out a framework for a New Ireland engaging with unionism from the very start( even if unionists will be reluctant to engage, weight of "Irish" numbers can drive the solution )

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on February 04, 2021, 09:32:40 AM
Michael Martin is very unimpressive as Taoiseach on many levels. As a "northerner " not only do I feel he has no empathy or understanding of the north, he's actually antagonistic to the northern "Irish" , as if he appears to fear a United ireland. The apparent link with the SDLP is bizarre as there appears to be no substance or strategy behind this. It's about time that "Irish " people on the whole island got together to set out a framework for a New Ireland engaging with unionism from the very start( even if unionists will be reluctant to engage, weight of "Irish" numbers can drive the solution )

100%

He consistently plays political football with the troubles.

Wheeling out Paul Quinn at election time but then denigrating innocent victims of the troubles when he has challenged on how his government are failing in their commitments to the Stormont government.

I made the point a few weeks ago. Nationalists/republicans of any background - moderate/pacifist/pro force - it does not matter what your beliefs are in that regard - should all be utterly appalled and the crass and callous way in which the establishment parties of the FS consistently try to demean and degrade the struggles of catholics in the O6. They will regularly wheel out a Mairia Cahill or a Paul Quinn to snipe at a political rival but when it comes to victims on the nationalist/republican side they appoint a head RUC man who quashed the Glenanne Gang investigation as head of their police force. They actively thwart the McAnespie family in their quest for justice. They covered up the Dublin/Monaghan bombings and have no appetite to ever get justice for the largest terrorist atrocity in their state.

TBF it's mainly a FG tactic but Martin is even worse than FG in this regard, he's as republican as Edwin Poots and hopefully victims groups of the north shame him into an unreserved apology for those utterly disgraceful comments yesterday.

You have Rossfan and Dublin7 telling you that SF are the barrier to an United Ireland but the likes of FG and Michael Martin will do everything in their power to actively prevent it from happening.

Snapchap

It was as shameful and crass an outburst form Micheal Martin as I've ever heard from a southern politician with regards the conflict and victims - and that's really saying something because there's a rich history of such comments to pick from going down the years.

For those unaware of the background, Relatives for Justice penned an open letter to Micheal Martin several weeks ago, which was signed by 3,500 bereaved relatives from the troubles, from all sides. The letter asked Martin to both meet with the group and to help force the enactment of commitments made in the 2014 Stormont House Agreement, an agreement which the Irish Government was a signatory to, and which the British Government have been reneging on.

It was already revealed by the group that Micheal Martin had not replied to their letter; but his coldhearted, sinister, despicable outburst yesterday would make it appear that he never even read it. His reaction to being asked about it was to essentially shout "what about IRA victims" and to have a few cheap digs at SF. Had he read the names under the letter, he would have known that it represented victims from all sides, including IRA victims.

What makes his remarks yesterday all the more appalling is it re-emphasises that in the eyes of this government, there is a very definite hierarchy of victims (not a surprise to anyone) - because Michael, on the false assumption that this letter was only from collusion victims therefor:

1. Didn't read it
     2. Didn't reply to it
     3. Attacked one of the signatories of the letter when asked if he would respond to it
     4. Used it as a way to attack his political opponents.

Now, just imagine if a group made up solely of IRA victims reached out to Micheal Martin for support, does anyone seriously believe he would be as openly hostile to that group as he was yesterday? Can't you just picture him posing with such a group on the steps of Leinster House and telling the RTÉ cameras how moved he was by their stories and pledging to them his unwavering support?

Anyone who EVER suggests that Micheal Martin has any genuine concern for the north of our country, should be sat down and made watch that video. Make no mistake, his remarks were not just a kick in the teeth to the victims he assumed fell into his 'non-useful' category, but were a direct kick in the teeth to the people of the north as a whole. Serious questions should now be asked of Colum Eastwood's judgement in getting involved with this man.

trailer

Quote from: Angelo on February 04, 2021, 09:42:19 AM

100%

Wheeling out Paul Quinn at election time but then denigrating innocent victims of the troubles when he has challenged on how his government are failing in their commitments to the Stormont government.

I made the point a few weeks ago. Nationalists/republicans of any background - moderate/pacifist/pro force - it does not matter what your beliefs are in that regard - should all be utterly appalled and the crass and callous way in which the establishment parties of the FS consistently try to demean and degrade the struggles of catholics in the O6. They will regularly wheel out a Mairia Cahill or a Paul Quinn to snipe at a political rival but when it comes to victims on the nationalist/republican side they appoint a head RUC man who quashed the Glenanne Gang investigation as head of their police force. They actively thwart the McAnespie family in their quest for justice. They covered up the Dublin/Monaghan bombings and have no appetite to ever get justice for the largest terrorist atrocity in their state.

TBF it's mainly a FG tactic but Martin is even worse than FG in this regard, he's as republican as Edwin Poots and hopefully victims groups of the north shame him into an unreserved apology for those utterly disgraceful comments yesterday.

You have Rossfan and Dublin7 telling you that SF are the barrier to an United Ireland but the likes of FG and Michael Martin will do everything in their power to actively prevent it from happening.

You don't seem to understand that Paul Quinn and Maria Cahill are nationalist victims. Maybe they're are just not the right type of victims?

marty34

Quote from: Snapchap on February 04, 2021, 09:52:23 AM
It was as shameful and crass an outburst form Micheal Martin as I've ever heard from a southern politician with regards the conflict and victims - and that's really saying something because there's a rich history of such comments to pick from going down the years.

For those unaware of the background, Relatives for Justice penned an open letter to Micheal Martin several weeks ago, which was signed by 3,500 bereaved relatives from the troubles, from all sides. The letter asked Martin to both meet with the group and to help force the enactment of commitments made in the 2014 Stormont House Agreement, an agreement which the Irish Government was a signatory to, and which the British Government have been reneging on.

It was already revealed by the group that Micheal Martin had not replied to their letter; but his coldhearted, sinister, despicable outburst yesterday would make it appear that he never even read it. His reaction to being asked about it was to essentially shout "what about IRA victims" and to have a few cheap digs at SF. Had he read the names under the letter, he would have know that it represented victims from all sides, including IRA victims.

What makes his remarks yesterday all the more appalling is it re-emphasises that in the eyes of this government, there is a very definite hierarchy of victims (not a surprise to anyone) - because Michael, on the false assumption that this letter was only from collusion victims therefor:

1. Didn't read it
     2. Didn't reply to it
     3. Attacked one of the signatories is the letter when asked if he would respond to it
     4. Used it as a way to attack his political opponents.

Now, just imagine if a group made up solely of IRA victims reached out to Micheal Martin for support, does anyone seriously believe he would be as openly hostile to that group as he was yesterday? Can't you just picture him posing with such a group on the steps of Leinster House and telling the RTÉ cameras how moved he was by their stories and pledging to them his unwavering support?

Anyone who EVER suggests that Micheal Martin has any genuine concern for the north of our country, should be sat down and made watch that video. Make no mistake, his remarks were not just a kick in the teeth to the victims he assumed fell into his 'non-useful' category, but were a direct kick in the teeth to the people of the north as a whole. Serious questions should now be asked of Colum Eastwood's judgement in getting involved with this man.

Great post Snapchat.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on February 04, 2021, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 04, 2021, 09:42:19 AM

100%

You don't seem to understand that Paul Quinn and Maria Cahill are nationalist victims. Maybe they're are just not the right type of victims?

I understand they are victims but you don't seem to grasp that Martin uses them as political footballs while his government actively thwart the McAnespire family in their own attempts for justice.

Did you find his comments appropriate yesterday?