Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 02, 2021, 11:42:02 PM
Big O Dowd one of the guys in SF who id have time for, but seen him yesterday on TV, doesn't look well at all, very shaky and peaky looking.

Had the same thought myself watching him on his feet in Stormont yesterday.

trailer

Quote from: marty34 on February 02, 2021, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2021, 09:47:50 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 02, 2021, 09:40:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2021, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2021, 09:08:22 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2021, 08:53:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 02, 2021, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2021, 08:07:31 PM
Few points re SF. Helps to cut through all their noise about the SDLP, FF & FG
They are in government in the North (for over 10 years!!)
They administer British rule in the North.

They can sling mud and even their apologists can talk all the shite they want on here but these are facts. If they were such a pure Republican Party how can administer British rule? If they're the answer to all the problems in the South how come the North is a mess, in areas they have control of education, finance, health.

Newsflash to trailer.

SDLP are in government in the O6. Something he seems to overlook time and time again.

The political system in the north is not meant to work, it's just there to avoid a sectarian headcount and that's before we even get to the role of Westminister.

f**k sake SF negotiated it exclusively with the DUP! The St Andrews agreement and then the Stormont house agreement!!

It never worked when it was the UUP/SDLP.

It has never worked, it is not working, it will never work. The political system in the O6 simply will never work as long as unionism have the numbers they do.

You also keep negating to mention that the stoops are part of the executive.

This is the SF way. It's not our fault. Take no responsibility.
I'm happy that you point out the the SDLP and Nicola Mallon are part of the executive. I don't think that anyone can doubt that she is by a huge margin the most impressive minister in the Executive.

Keep slinging shite Angelo, calling names it's pure SF tactics. So predictable.

You ahould maybe ask the taxi drivers that question?

Should I? Or should I actually ask the Dept of Economy. You're starting to sound like that header Martina Anderson

No taxi drivers protesting outside her office...lol.

Tut tut.

Well someone should give them directions to the Dept of Economy or Dept of Finance. This is the same nonsense that mad yoke Martina Anderson came out with.

imtommygunn

What is the story with the taxi driver situation? Is it just black taxi men or the private taxis too? Every tweet Mallon puts out she gets abuse from the taxi men. Is it her doing or what are the issues? I see that some had "furloughed" their insurance and got nothing and then there's the amount of the payment itself and how late that was.

Is that her doing? Is it Dodds's doing? Is it both?? (I don't know but am genuinely interested as in general she's very good but that is her major black mark if it is a black mark).

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 03, 2021, 09:18:24 AM
What is the story with the taxi driver situation? Is it just black taxi men or the private taxis too? Every tweet Mallon puts out she gets abuse from the taxi men. Is it her doing or what are the issues? I see that some had "furloughed" their insurance and got nothing and then there's the amount of the payment itself and how late that was.

Is that her doing? Is it Dodds's doing? Is it both?? (I don't know but am genuinely interested as in general she's very good but that is her major black mark if it is a black mark).

I think the money has to come from Finance or Economy-it hasn't yet

imtommygunn

Yeah. Dodds isn't very useful at all I don't think. I was just wondering what part Mallon had too.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 10:08:19 AM

You think?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Nicola Mallon was responsible for coming up with the scheme. She sent it to the finance minister to be approved for funding and that's were the issue is

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2021, 10:44:39 AM

Nicola Mallon was responsible for coming up with the scheme. She sent it to the finance minister to be approved for funding and that's were the issue is

Eh.

Major holes in that story. She is only now making steps to sort a second scheme out.

The first one was in November and had a lot of stipulations in it that meant a lot of taxi drivers missed out on any funding.

I know you have major issues with the truth so I think this is best brought to light here and now.

dublin7

Almost 90% of all taxi drivers who applied for the grant received it so she must be doing something right.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2021, 11:50:25 AM

Almost 90% of all taxi drivers who applied for the grant received it so she must be doing something right.

Did you meant to respond to yourself or was that for another login?

Do you think a lot of taxi drivers are going to apply for something that precludes them? Seems a bit of a daftie logic there.

If you were informed on the topic you are talking about you will there was quite a lot of anger among taxi drivers as the terms of the grants excluded quite a large share of them.

You're basically praising Mallon for making a dogs dinner of and something she is drawing huge criticism over.

Bizarre.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 10:36:05 AM

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 12:50:19 PM

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

So you don't actually know.

Just wanted to clarify.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 12:51:48 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 03, 2021, 12:50:19 PM

You think?

Get a job or a hobby

So you don't actually know.

Just wanted to clarify.

I actually don't care, its either or lad, take your pick Dodds and Murphy not up to much

Kidder81

Taxi drivers entitled to apply for Universal Credit an Self Employed grant from HMRC, problem for them is most of them are fiddling their tax returns so they would have received a much lesser amount than they need. You would think it was the only sector hit hard by Covid19

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 03, 2021, 01:01:48 PM
Taxi drivers entitled to apply for Universal Credit an Self Employed grant from HMRC, problem for them is most of them are fiddling their tax returns so they would have received a much lesser amount than they need. You would think it was the only sector hit hard by Covid19

No surprise there