Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2020, 09:04:21 AM

SOME people in the 26 have a real problem with this

They have no problem with glorifying the perpetrators of such atrocities when they were committed in 'their' name, so to speak

They have a huge problem with this and the mental gymnastics they go through to legitimise violence, murder and sectarianism on one hand and denounce on the other is flabbergasting.

They will denounce the Provos vehemently but when reminded of their own bloody past they only want to airbrush history. Hound will no doubt run away now rather than confront his hypocrisies.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2020, 02:38:15 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 17, 2020, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2020, 02:11:46 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 17, 2020, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2020, 01:20:24 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 17, 2020, 01:11:07 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2020, 01:06:26 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 17, 2020, 12:51:25 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2020, 12:19:28 PM
"But in the Dail, only Sinn Fein are still glorifying a campaign of which sectarian murder was an integral part

Nobody else is

Therefore it's totally legitimate to call Sinn Fein glorifiers of sectarian murder, especially after comments like that of Stanley and David Cullinane"

This is a direct quote from you a couple of days back.

Can you please use your powers of critical thinking to show me how this does not apply to FG, given the recent glorification of Richard Mulcahy on their official twitter account?
Take it up with Fine Gael

I've never voted Fine Gael in me life and never will, I've no time for them

But I bet anything calling Richard Mulcahy a sectarian killer wouldn't get you thrown out of Fine Gael

I bet anything calling Slab Murphy such would get you thrown out of Sinn Fein

Interesting.

I wouldn't be sure, on either front.

Some evidence to support both assertions would be useful in this instance
It comes back to the central question I asked last week

Can you be a member of Sinn Fein and believe that in broad terms, the PIRA campaign was wrong, and that the SDLP's approach was correct?

No, I don't think you can

You can certainly be a member of Fine Gael and believe the War of Independence was not justified

The central raison d'etre of Sinn Fein is the revisionism that the 28 year PIRA campaign was justified

In that respect it's a single issue party

Fine Gael isn't a single issue party

None of this is evidence

I haven't a clue whether or not you'd get thrown out.

But I'm not the one making the assertions.

Also - lol at the line in bold

"On this single issue they are a sigle issue party"  ;D
But Sinn Fein are effectively a single issue party

Everything is completely secondary to a united Ireland and the justification and rehabilitation of the PIRA

You know full well it's the case that any Sinn Fein candidate who criticises the likes of Slab Murphy would be out

That you can't admit this highlights an essential dishonesty in your position

Correct - there is one over-riding reason for their existence.

No different to any of the other main parties in the 26 in the post war years

Pro/Anti Treaty was the only show in town for a generation

I genuinely don't know whether a SF candidate is any more likely to get the boot from the party for criticising the Provos than a FG candidate who criticised Collins

If I had to guess I'd say possibly, but it would be marginal - and this is possibly more reflective of the relative novelty of the conflict in the 6
But this is not 1926

It's not 1946

The Republic has indeed struggled to get away from Civil War politics for a long time

Sinn Fein want us to replace that with Troubles politics

No thanks

Now we're getting to the crux of it.

The people in the 26 can't be arsed with the hassle

Which is what northern nationalists have long believed

But we continue to be fed a bullshit line that the reasons were due to a sense of principle or morality

Thanks for finally admitting it

It took you a few pages, but you got there
No, we can't be arsed with the "hassle" of blowing up innocent children in pursuit of deluded fascist dreams

Obviously some here can though

Shove yer Trouble politics up yer arse

Again, as Bono said, f**k the revolution

Snapchap

Quote from: Hound on December 18, 2020, 07:05:41 AM
Comparing and contrasting the Provos with anyone else, does not lessen the horrendous atrocities against innocents that they carried out. People trying to glorifying them is sad, especially young people who weren't around in those days, as if it wouldn't be too bad to bring a bit of that back.

John Hume is who we should be glorifying. And his view of the Provos was the correct one.

And I assume you hold the Old IRA in similar disdain then?

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on December 18, 2020, 10:13:30 AM
Comparing and contrasting the Provos with anyone else, does not lessen the horrendous atrocities against innocents that they carried out. People trying to glorifying them is sad, especially young people who weren't around in those days, as if it wouldn't be too bad to bring a bit of that back.

John Hume is who we should be glorifying. And his view of the Provos was the correct one.

Just another Free State hypocrite I'd imagine who is outraged and northern nationalists standing up for themselves.

sid waddell

They are obsessed with doing this

Whataboutery in its purest and saddest form

And ultimately, it's all about defending and whitewashing a sectarian murder gang

The worst form of revisionism you could possibly get

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:11:12 AM
No, we can't be arsed with the "hassle" of blowing up innocent children in pursuit of deluded fascist dreams

Funnily enough, the only parties who continually drag up the troubles in the Dáil are FF/FG. Is it OK when they indulge in "Troubles politics" then?

That wouldn't be a...dare I say it....hypocritical view you hold, there Sid?  :o

Perish the thought!

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on December 18, 2020, 10:14:24 AM

Just another Free State hypocrite I'd imagine who is outraged and northern nationalists standing up for themselves.

The hatred this Angelo guy has for ordinary Irish people is off the scale

People like him do more to prevent a united Ireland than the DUP could ever dream of

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on December 18, 2020, 10:17:35 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:11:12 AM

Funnily enough, the only parties who continually drag up the troubles in the Dáil are FF/FG. Is it OK when they indulge in "Troubles politics" then?

That wouldn't be a...dare I say it....hypocritical view you hold, there Sid?  :o

Perish the thought!

I think it just sums up the psychopathy on show here that objecting to sectarian murder is met with a sarcastic meme dismissively classing you as a "pearl clutcher"

It proves my point entirely about what Shinnerbots are

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:17:14 AM

And ultimately, it's all about defending and whitewashing a sectarian murder gang

Interesting. You now describe the IRA campaign as a sectarian murder campaign? Given that the vast majority of their victims were members of the security forces (and therefor targeted for that very reason), doesn't that kinda mean you're indulging in revisionism yourself? Clutching the pearls tighter here.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2020, 09:04:21 AM

It 100% doesn't

All that's being asked is that people apply those morals equally

SOME people in the 26 have a real problem with this

They have no problem with glorifying the perpetrators of such atrocities when they were committed in 'their' name, so to speak

You refused to deal with my points earlier

Now you've returned to the US Republican party logic of "we invaded in Germany, so invading Iraq is fine"

The logic that dismisses critical thinking and dismisses any complexity

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 18, 2020, 10:14:24 AM

The hatred this Angelo guy has for ordinary Irish people is off the scale

People like him do more to prevent a united Ireland than the DUP could ever dream of

You're projecting again.

You are very far right - behind all this facade, you are a very bigoted and intolerant person.

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:22:23 AM
I think it just sums up the psychopathy on show here that objecting to sectarian murder is met with a sarcastic meme dismissively classing you as a "pearl clutcher"

Bit slow on the uptake. Go on, read the post again. The 'pearl clutching' was a reference to the very suggestion that you would ever, possibly, hold hypocritical views.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on December 18, 2020, 10:23:00 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:17:14 AM

Interesting. You now describe the IRA campaign as a sectarian murder campaign? Given that the vast majority of their victims were members of the security forces (and therefor targeted for that very reason), doesn't that kinda mean you're indulging in revisionism yourself? Clutching the pearls tighter here.

That's like a career criminal and serial rapist objecting to being called a serial rapist on the basis of him having committed plenty of crimes which weren't rape

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on December 18, 2020, 10:31:46 AM

Bit slow on the uptake. Go on, read the post again. The 'pearl clutching' was a reference to the very suggestion that you would ever, possibly, hold hypocritical views.
Bit slow on the uptake?

Have you ever thought for a second that maybe the PIRA were a bit slow on the uptake in believing blowing up and shooting people for 28 years would bring about a united Ireland?

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 10:38:07 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on December 18, 2020, 10:31:46 AM

Bit slow on the uptake?

Have you ever thought for a second that maybe the PIRA were a bit slow on the uptake in believing blowing up and shooting people for 28 years would bring about a united Ireland?

But you have no problem with the Old IRA their sectarian murders and the bombastic display your state went to commemorate an event which caused the deaths of hundreds of civilians.

Your hypocrisy is transparent and the nastiness comes out when people probe you on this.