Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
May be old news but Mary Lou has it.

Thought that. It has already turned into a race to spin as best as possible on Twitter. Our leader is better  sick leader than your leader type stuff, and the govt is shite coz I had  to wait ages.

Anyhow hoping she has a full recovery.

Rossfan

She had test on 28th March and was obviously self isolating since then.
Hopefully she pulls through ok.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ambrose

She's had a setback during recovery with post-viral pleurisy in her right lung, but expects to return to work next week.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 14, 2020, 01:02:19 PM

Thought that. It has already turned into a race to spin as best as possible on Twitter. Our leader is better  sick leader than your leader type stuff, and the govt is shite coz I had  to wait ages.

Yeh thats what happened alright ::)

Meanwhile no one from Aontu has got Covid 19 as  they are closer to God and he is only currently infecting those who voted for abortion

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 14, 2020, 02:24:14 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 14, 2020, 01:02:19 PM

Yeh thats what happened alright ::)

Meanwhile no one from Aontu has got Covid 19 as  they are closer to God and he is only currently infecting those who voted for abortion

What are talking about God for, sweet Jesus. Go onto twitter and have a look for yourself at some of the comments BTW on AontĂș thry are a very small party with a very high proportion who are doctors actually out fighting the virus face on. Some came out of retirement too.

Itchy

You should share the "proportion of party members that are doctors" statistic for all parties though for fairness.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 15, 2020, 06:52:48 PM
You should share the "proportion of party members that are doctors" statistic for all parties though for fairness.

I said high proportion

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 15, 2020, 07:49:31 PM

I said high proportion

High compared to what. Is it higher than the other parties? If it is how do you know or are you just making this up.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on April 15, 2020, 11:42:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 15, 2020, 07:49:31 PM

I said high proportion

High compared to what. Is it higher than the other parties? If it is how do you know or are you just making this up.

Compared to most yes. Its common enough knowledge, it does not make them a better party because of that ,if just means that they have  a good insight into healthcare , and not gazing at the stars as you suggested

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on April 11, 2020, 04:47:46 PM
She's fucked this up bigtime... people want the Health Minister to act not have meetings about meetings around whether or not he should go ahead!!

Fighting this battle looks like petty sectarian politics at a time of crisis and isn't doing anybody any favours!!
If you look at the protocol of all of this, it is clear that not for the first time Swann has acted to embarrass and put pressure on SF. He could have raised it earlier in the afternoon. but chose instead to unilaterally make the announcement. To her credit MON has not said army help was unwanted but questioned Swann's process. In any event he can only request and the MOD will decide.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2020, 08:58:25 PM
If Michelle o'Neill quit tomorrow, who would be replacing her as leader, as in the heir apparent? Apart from Murphy there appears to be a shocking dearth of talent- and MON is just awful imo.
I would have agreed with you a month ago, but I've actually been impressed with her single-minded drive to save lives rather than present a false unity to an executive that is patently playing politics with this. I would have preferred O'Dowd as Northern leader but reluctantly have to applaud her. Look at Eastwood on the other hand who waits 3 weeks when MON has taken the heat to say the same thing. The SDLP are woeful and Nicola Mallon who I believed to be capable has been invisible.

imtommygunn

To be fair I don't think Mallon has been invisible at all. I was just reading some threads on social media last night lauding her. I think she's very good and is actually someone who is more of a worker than someone taking the limelight. Everything else you say there I would agree with though.

I would be more disappointed in Hanna.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2020, 08:42:53 AM
To be fair I don't think Mallon has been invisible at all. I was just reading some threads on social media last night lauding her. I think she's very good and is actually someone who is more of a worker than someone taking the limelight. Everything else you say there I would agree with though.

I would be more disappointed in Hanna.

I think Mallon is very good - steady hand at the wheel and doing the right things e.g. MOT mess.  Currently doing a good job - quietly and efficiently.

Big hitters like Eastwood and Hanna etc. are missing in action and are ineffective.  That comes from their 'lording' it up in Westminister.  Joining the cosy cartels on the green benches.  Therefore, they get forgot about and are ineffective, not only at times like this but all the time.

That's what happens when the SDLP want the old peerage when the time is up!

O'Neill is doing a good job - calling things out when needed i.e. schools closing earlier.  Everybody agreed with her but because of party politics, people just gave out that the executive was all over the shop.  Not my favourite politician but doing a steady job with empathy.

imtommygunn

Yeah agree with most of that too. I do think O'Neill has shown some empathy here and when you look at what is coming out of westminster here it is very sadly lacking. I still am not convinced she's a savvy politician at all but I actually think she cared here and has been crucified for it.

I have doctor friends and got a message from one last night with a picture of Hancock. He must have had some picture of him holding presumably an NHS pin. That NHS pin was replaced on the picture by c**t. That is what people in the midst of this think of him and his decisions so how O'Neill can be crucified for what she is saying in this regard I do know but it's kind of ironic that she is being called out for political point scoring by people trying to politically point score.

Eastwood is beginning to appear like a real bluffer IMO.

(Signed someone who voted SDLP and not SF BTW).

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2020, 09:12:51 AM
Yeah agree with most of that too. I do think O'Neill has shown some empathy here and when you look at what is coming out of westminster here it is very sadly lacking. I still am not convinced she's a savvy politician at all but I actually think she cared here and has been crucified for it.

I have doctor friends and got a message from one last night with a picture of Hancock. He must have had some picture of him holding presumably an NHS pin. That NHS pin was replaced on the picture by c**t. That is what people in the midst of this think of him and his decisions so how O'Neill can be crucified for what she is saying in this regard I do know but it's kind of ironic that she is being called out for political point scoring by people trying to politically point score.

Eastwood is beginning to appear like a real bluffer IMO.

(Signed someone who voted SDLP and not SF BTW).

Piss off Tommy, you're a shinnerbot and we all know it.

;D