Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Whether Adams was in the IRA or not "technically" is not clear to me. What is clear is that from the early '70's he and McGuinness where the public face of the Republican Movement, involved in talks with the Brits at a high level, and as such they were definitely members of the army council. Adams is perhaps splitting hairs on membership.What he and McGuinness must get credit for is where they have delivered the movement to. I am old enough to remember what life was like before during and after the troubles and the freedoms and influence that nationalists have now is due as much to Adams, McGuinness and the armed struggle as it is to John Hume. Unionists would never willingly have given as much ground and the British would never have forced the issue without the violence. I am not condoning the violence or the taking of any life, it doesn't fit with my own personal philosophy. However as a keen student of politics on this Island it is clear to me that the troubles were unavoidable. Adams and McGuinness both took risks for their beliefs and only they could have delivered the peace process from within. All this is forgotten my the charlatans currently running FF, FG, SDLP, Labour etc... As they seek to exploit victims to there own narrow political advantage. Having said all of that as a nationalist voter in the North I now feel Adams has served his purpose within SF. Nationalism is crying out for a fresh imaginative leadership along the lines of the SNP and Adams just hasn't got it IMO.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 09, 2016, 09:09:08 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 08, 2016, 07:12:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcvGYTFrNgE

Dunphy nailed this 3 years ago.
Yeah just sums up the hypocrisy we get from SDLP,FF and FG amongst others.

I think the line that sums it up the most is when Colleran goes:

Dunphy: We've had IRA men in government going back through the decades, Sean Lemass was a good example, his brother was a killer, he was in the IRA, he was a killer. What did you think of Lemass?
Colleran: But Sean Lemass....
Dunphy: What did you think of Lemass?
Colleran: Are you equating what happpened.....but no.....first of all lets address the issue

Quite typical of the free state double standards when it comes to violent republicanism, when it was the war of independence - it was not what they did - it was why they did it. When it is the troubles, it's not about why the did it, it's about what they did.

More RIC officers lost their lives in the War of Independence which lasted 2 and a half years than RUC officers were killed in the Troubles which lasted circa 30 years.
750 civilians lost their lives in the War of Independence compared to about 1,800 in the Troubles - a 2 and 1/2 year conflict v a 30 year conflict.
Informants were brutally dispatched by Republics in both conflicts.
Reprehensible sectarian attacks were committed in both conflicts by republicans.

But one was alright while the other was not.

Maybe Michael Martin should take responsibility for the part Charlie Haughey took in arming republicans in the late 60s.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on December 09, 2016, 04:22:33 PM
Having read the Adams statement today, there is nothing for him to answer for. The political biased hysteria directed against him has no substance.
He has no liability in the matter and nor should he have as the political leader of Sinn Fein. People forget quite easily what they overwhelmingly voted for in 1998

Having read what the Stacks stated in August 2013, their expectations were reasonably satisfied with the cooperation they received from IRA member/s  re the disclosure of information and admission of responsibility to do with the murder. "Son says family achieved a 'huge amount of closure' after IRA statement"
Their main gripe at that time was with what they perceived as serious shortcomings in the Gardai investigation.

Adams claims that Austin Stack gave him the 4 names.
Austin Stack says that is not the case.

One of them is wrong.

Given Adams' claims and denials in the past, I know who my money is on.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Also, on whoever it was that was asking about Stack's political ties.....

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 12:33:11 PM

Jaysus Bomber that is easily dealt with.

The Stacks could just deny membership.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 10, 2016, 12:46:44 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 12:33:11 PM

Jaysus Bomber that is easily dealt with.

The Stacks could just deny membership.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why?

Are FF a secret organisation?

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on December 10, 2016, 12:30:08 PM
Having read the Adams statement today, there is nothing for him to answer for. The political biased hysteria directed against him has no substance.
He has no liability in the matter and nor should he have as the political leader of Sinn Fein. People forget quite easily what they overwhelmingly voted for in 1998

Having read what the Stacks stated in August 2013, their expectations were reasonably satisfied with the cooperation they received from IRA member/s  re the disclosure of information and admission of responsibility to do with the murder. "Son says family achieved a 'huge amount of closure' after IRA statement"
Their main gripe at that time was with what they perceived as serious shortcomings in the Gardai investigation.

One of them is wrong.

You can believe what you want of who said what, that does not change anything or give any legitimacy to the lunatics calling for Adams to be locked up. What is known is that the Stacks agreed to a confidential process of engagement with someone representing the IRA some years ago, they expressed their complete satisfaction with that engagement and now 3 years later have changed their tune and broken confidentiality.

The anonymity of any republican coming forward to pass on information  (or anybody involved with that process) to a bereaved family has to be respected.
If you have one bereaved family breaking confidence about who assisted them, then all other bereaved families looking for information will suffer.
In regards to the first person who assisted the search for the missing buried bodies, should that person have been entrapped, arrested and interrogated with the purpose to reveal all information known about that particular grisly murder?

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on December 10, 2016, 01:10:45 PM

One of them is wrong.

You can believe what you want of who said what, that does not change anything or give any legitimacy to the lunatics calling for Adams to be locked up. What is known is that the Stacks agreed to a confidential process of engagement with someone representing the IRA some years ago, they expressed their complete satisfaction with that engagement and now 3 years later have changed their tune and broken confidentiality.

The anonymity of any republican coming forward to pass on information  (or anybody involved with that process) to a bereaved family has to be respected.
If you have one bereaved family breaking confidence about who assisted them, then all other bereaved families looking for information will suffer.
In regards to the first person who assisted the search for the missing buried bodies, should that person have been entrapped, arrested and interrogated with the purpose to reveal all information known about that particular grisly murder?

What?

This was an Irishman murdered for no obvious reason. Why on earth would I, or any other decent Irish person, ever respect that?

Sinn Féin and the IRA denied involvement for decades, even long after the GFA. The lied all these years. Why should we respect or even believe any part of their roles now?
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 10, 2016, 01:19:24 PM

One of them is wrong.

What?

This was an Irishman murdered for no obvious reason. Why on earth would I, or any other decent Irish person, ever respect that?

Sinn Féin and the IRA denied involvement for decades, even long after the GFA. The lied all these years. Why should we respect or even believe any part of their roles now?

You believe Brian Stack's murder had nothing to do with the violent beatings he was responsible for dishing out to republican prisoners?/

Not that it justifies it but it clearly wasn't an indiscriminate murder.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

One of them is wrong.

What?

You believe Brian Stack's murder had nothing to do with the violent beatings he was responsible for dishing out to republican prisoners?/

I don't believe anything that people who lied over and over for decades say. Why would I? They will probably change the story again shortly.

Just as you have done, by blaming Brian Stack for his own murder.

MWWSI 2017

vallankumous

What?

You shouldn't.
Why would you try to get information from someone who tells that much lies?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 10, 2016, 01:35:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 10, 2016, 01:32:37 PM

One of them is wrong.

What?

I don't believe anything that people who lied over and over for decades say. Why would I? They will probably change the story again shortly.

Just as you have done, by blaming Brian Stack for his own murder.

Who is lying?

Austin Stack was happy with the closure this incident brought to him and his family back in 2013. He agreed to the confidentiality that it entailed back in 2013.

He's obviously changed his mind since, I think he has no credibility. I think that is something you have selectively chosen to ignore, among your faux outrage and indignation.

Do you trust successive governments who quelled investigations into justice for the Dublin and Monaghan bombings? Bertie Ahern refused to set up an investigation into the bombings? Why? Why is the same party fervently pursuing Adams to make statements on families he has attempted to engage with in uncovering the truth?

It's a bizarre hypocrisy but the answer is quite evident even if certain people don't want to admit it.

muppet

Of course Bomber.

Every criticism of republican murders is 'faux outrage'. But your outrage at the suicide of The Executioner's brother is truly heroic and genuine.

Then all the victims of these murders, and their families, have no 'credibility'. Whether it is the Finucanes, Cahills or Stacks, or anyone else murdered, none of them have any credibility and 'shur they deserved it anyway'. They are all liars, every one of them. Oh....and politically motivated. All of them.

SF/IRA lied about Stack's 1983 murder, all the way up to 2013. But of course you still insist that everyone else is lying.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 10, 2016, 02:13:00 PM
Of course Bomber.

Every criticism of republican murders is 'faux outrage'. But your outrage at the suicide of The Executioner's brother is truly heroic and genuine.

Then all the victims of these murders, and their families, have no 'credibility'. Whether it is the Finucanes, Cahills or Stacks, or anyone else murdered, none of them have any credibility and 'shur they deserved it anyway'. They are all liars, every one of them. Oh....and politically motivated. All of them.

SF/IRA lied about Stack's 1983 murder, all the way up to 2013. But of course you still insist that everyone else is lying.

I think it's faux outrage when I don't see you picking on similar incidents on the other side.

What did you think of Lemass, Muppet?

What did you think of Collins?