Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 01:55:40 PM

Why are they credible? I'm not sure I'm entirely equipped to answer but...:

They've handled the murder of their father in a very dignified manner
They don't have blood on their hands and are telling us black is white

Maybe FG/FF are using it as a political ready up - they're probably just following Mary Lou's lead.

That amounts to - they I credible because I think they are and because Gerry Adams isn't.

Or using another methodology - what does the average person on the street think?

I'd say they would be found credible.

Applesisapples

Adams is always going to be fair game because of his past. In fairness to him and McGuinness they would have had to be relatively clean from the mid '70's on given that they were engaged with the Brits on and off as the political front of the armed struggle. Not saying they weren't consulted or kept abreast of some things. However the problem is that no one actually believes anything Adams says anymore, be that right or wrong. As a result the likes of Maria Cahill can put a spin on her own particular (and well founded) issues to maximise the damage and it is accepted as absolute fact or the circumstances of the time are distorted by Inda and Martin. The only way to stop this is for Adams to be replaced by a credible leader.

oliverkelly

Quote from: foxcommander on December 08, 2016, 02:40:10 PM
Adams should have just ignored the Stacks in the first place. Sounds like another Mairia Cahill job to me now Enda and Micheal are getting in on the act.

What are you smoking? How the f**k could he ignore the stacks in the first place he knows who killed there father. He is withholding information and frankly should be fucked in jail for it. There are currently people sitting in jail or on remand for similar incidents where they are impending investigations and he should be no different.
https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/woman-further-remanded-in-connection-with-withholding-information-from-gareth-hutch-murder-probe-738844.html?client=safari

vallankumous

Quote from: oliverkelly on December 08, 2016, 07:33:08 PM
Adams should have just ignored the Stacks in the first place. Sounds like another Mairia Cahill job to me now Enda and Micheal are getting in on the act.

What are you smoking? How the f**k could he ignore the stacks in the first place he knows who killed there father. He is withholding information and frankly should be fucked in jail for it. There are currently people sitting in jail or on remand for similar incidents where they are impending investigations and he should be no different.
https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/woman-further-remanded-in-connection-with-withholding-information-from-gareth-hutch-murder-probe-738844.html?client=safari

That's the question. Why are the gardai and DPP less active in this than you?

Il Bomber Destro

It's funny how sensitive information like this has been leaked and there is not a dicky bird about the questions it raises about the Garda Siochana. Political policing at its finest.

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 07:36:19 PM

Presumably they feel they don't have enough evidence for now to prove it beyond reasonable doubt in a court (real court - not a kangaroo court)

macdanger2

Not as many shinners as usual here to tell everyone to move on, nothing to see. Are they getting disillusioned or just lazy?

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 08, 2016, 09:25:07 PM
Not as many shinners as usual here to tell everyone to move on, nothing to see. Are they getting disillusioned or just lazy?

FoxCommander always shows up to defend Gerry. But then he denies it afterwards.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

The lady mentioned in that linked article did not make a bail application.
Just a wild guess, but maybe she had the definite opinion that saying nothing was her best choice and she'll take the consequences of not mounting a defense to the request for a punitive remand application.
As for Adams,  this reads to me as Irish politics, not a legal matter.
As for Ferris he should embarrass (as he claims he can) Fianna Fail, otherwise he's making empty threats, low standard bluster.

longballin

Not a peep out of Sinn Fein about this £400m scandal of Arlene... ffs!

Applesisapples

heffo

Quote from: AQMP on December 09, 2016, 09:23:02 AM
Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 07:36:19 PM

Presumably they feel they don't have enough evidence for now to prove it beyond reasonable doubt in a court (real court - not a kangaroo court)

Whereas the court of public opinion is fine...

Everywhere except North Korea and within the Sinn Fein party apparently.

vallankumous

Quote from: AQMP on December 09, 2016, 10:18:30 AM

I'm not sure what your point is here...

It looks to me like Adams (whether he's guilty of any crime or not) is being tried in the court of public opinion.  If there was a Garda investigation and Adams was charged e.g with withholding information, his first defence is likely to be that he wouldn't be able to get a fair trial.

"The court of public opinion is an alternative system of justice. It's very different from the traditional court system: This court is based on reputation, revenge, public shaming, and the whims of the crowd. Having a good story is more important than having the law on your side. Being a sympathetic underdog is more important than being fair. Facts matter, but there are no standards of accuracy."

It's much worse than that. For some reason Adams and the circus around him is the main focus of our public led by our political leaders.

If there is public and political concern that Adams has information that is important to a murder investigation there is a need for the Gardaí to question him. The politicans and journalists can question whoever they like but the Gardaí must investigate murder. This happened in the last GE when Adams was brought in for Questioning re Jean McConville.

So there are one of two things here. Either the Politicians and the Stacks have reasons other than seeking justice (enter any reason you like) or the Gardaí are choosing to not fully investigate a murder for some reason. The second one is the scary one the first one is expected and most likely.

All heffo's post here start with 'presumably' or 'I'd imagine'.
You do not need to presume or imagine you either know or you don't. If you don't then then should ask and find out.

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 09, 2016, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: AQMP on December 09, 2016, 10:18:30 AM

I'm not sure what your point is here...

It looks to me like Adams (whether he's guilty of any crime or not) is being tried in the court of public opinion.  If there was a Garda investigation and Adams was charged e.g with withholding information, his first defence is likely to be that he wouldn't be able to get a fair trial.

"The court of public opinion is an alternative system of justice. It's very different from the traditional court system: This court is based on reputation, revenge, public shaming, and the whims of the crowd. Having a good story is more important than having the law on your side. Being a sympathetic underdog is more important than being fair. Facts matter, but there are no standards of accuracy."

All heffo's post here start with 'presumably' or 'I'd imagine'.
You do not need to presume or imagine you either know or you don't. If you don't then then should ask and find out.

I'm not sure how close I'd like to get to either Ferris or Ellis to ask them that question