Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Shinners need to get rid of Gerry and the ex combatants, too easy an outball for Inda and Martin.

vallankumous

After the names were made public and given to the Gardai I find it strange that the focus of Stack's attention is still on Adams rather than the named public figures.

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 10:09:48 AM
After the names were made public and given to the Gardai I find it strange that the focus of Stack's attention is still on Adams rather than the named public figures.

Why? He's the party leader and according to pretty much every security source North and South, the leader (or one thereof) of the IRA when the murder happened.

vallankumous

Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 10:23:40 AM

Why? He's the party leader and according to pretty much every security source North and South, the leader (or one thereof) of the IRA when the murder happened.

Granted but there was a direct link made in the Dail. I'm not asking why security forces or politicians are focusing on Adams I'm talking about the victims son.
If Stack did not give those names to Adams or Michael Martin then surely this is the information a victims son would be interested in.
Rather than ask directly of the two named Stack directed his questions at Adams.
I don't know what happened but I do think it odd that after this became public their focus was still on Adams.
Even if you accept Adams has a role as the leader I think this new information should have been the focus yesterday and today.

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 11:47:50 AM
Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 10:23:40 AM

Granted but there was a direct link made in the Dail. I'm not asking why security forces or politicians are focusing on Adams I'm talking about the victims son.
If Stack did not give those names to Adams or Michael Martin then surely this is the information a victims son would be interested in.
Rather than ask directly of the two named Stack directed his questions at Adams.
I don't know what happened but I do think it odd that after this became public their focus was still on Adams.
Even if you accept Adams has a role as the leader I think this new information should have been the focus yesterday and today.

Two very credible people (the two Stack's) have accused Adams of lying and there are lots of inconsistencies in his story.

I'd imagine the reason more focus isn't on on the two named people is that they were obvious suspects originally and presumably the DPP don't have enough evidence to convict.

It was hardly a shocker when they were named - I'd imagine they were top of most people's list when Adam's originally said he gave names over.

vallankumous

Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 12:06:29 PM

Two very credible people (the two Stack's) have accused Adams of lying and there are lots of inconsistencies in his story.

I'd imagine the reason more focus isn't on on the two named people is that they were obvious suspects originally and presumably the DPP don't have enough evidence to convict.

It was hardly a shocker when they were named - I'd imagine they were top of most people's list when Adam's originally said he gave names over.

What makes them credible? Maybe they are I just don't know. They are not credible simply because Adams isn't.
That's not an explanation. That's a reason for the opposite of what you imagine.

Yes, and now they are public. This is being put out as a massive move but it has not changed the tack of the Stacks or Michael Martin. Not one difference has it made to anything in real terms when Adams is still the focus of the Stacks and Michael Martin's attention.
Neither will it change the focus of the Gardai or the DPP. Nothing happened other than more of the same, more intensely. The Headline in the Independent today is - SF in Turmoil. FFS, surely if this is good information or information that should be acted on the Headline should be directed towards criminal justice and not internal party SF.

Rossfan

Why would Adams say he got 4 names of Stack if he didn't?
Why are the Stacks so adamant that Adams is lying ( as opposed to mistaken e.g)
Who is Farrell and why did he come out with his outburst? Was it just an outbreak of Blueshirtery or did the Stacks give him the names so he could say them publicly under privilege?
Martin presumably playing politics to land blows on his rivals.
Meanwhile homeless crisis growing, no job announcements outside of Dublin, most small towns nearly closed.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Esmarelda

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2016, 12:59:42 PM
Why would Adams say he got 4 names of Stack if he didn't?
Why are the Stacks so adamant that Adams is lying ( as opposed to mistaken e.g)
Who is Farrell and why did he come out with his outburst? Was it just an outbreak of Blueshirtery or did the Stacks give him the names so he could say them publicly under privilege?
Martin presumably playing politics to land blows on his rivals.
Meanwhile homeless crisis growing, no job announcements outside of Dublin, most small towns nearly closed.......
All the action in the Dáil came during a debate on pensions I believe.
Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 12:35:05 PM

What makes them credible? Maybe they are I just don't know. They are not credible simply because Adams isn't.
That's not an explanation. That's a reason for the opposite of what you imagine.

Yes, and now they are public. This is being put out as a massive move but it has not changed the tack of the Stacks or Michael Martin. Not one difference has it made to anything in real terms when Adams is still the focus of the Stacks and Michael Martin's attention.
Neither will it change the focus of the Gardai or the DPP. Nothing happened other than more of the same, more intensely. The Headline in the Independent today is - SF in Turmoil. FFS, surely if this is good information or information that should be acted on the Headline should be directed towards criminal justice and not internal party SF.

Because the headline used sells more papers.

vallankumous

[/quote]

Doubt it.
Nobody cares if SF are in turmoil. The point is there doesn't seem to be a criminal story so they need to talk around it.

heffo

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 12:35:05 PM

Why are they credible? I'm not sure I'm entirely equipped to answer but...:

They've handled the murder of their father in a very dignified manner
They don't have blood on their hands and are telling us black is white

Maybe FG/FF are using it as a political ready up - they're probably just following Mary Lou's lead.

Esmarelda

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 01:35:36 PM

Doubt it.
Nobody cares if SF are in turmoil. The point is there doesn't seem to be a criminal story so they need to talk around it.
[/quote]
Nobody cares?  You don't think there are large groups of people bursting for Adams to be caught out? I'd say the majority of people that don't vote SF fall into this category.

vallankumous

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 08, 2016, 02:01:14 PM

Doubt it.
Nobody cares?  You don't think there are large groups of people bursting for Adams to be caught out? I'd say the majority of people that don't vote SF fall into this category.
[/quote]

Of course I do. But I think you are unintentionally agreeing with me.

That's not newsworthy. It's common knowledge. The events of yesterday in the Dail are newsworthy if there is news behind it.

What is more interesting or of more importance?
SF in turmoil or TDs named who have had their names forwarded to the Gardaí in relation to the murder?
The nature of that link has not been made public.
Do the Gardaí or the DPP not have a headline between them?

Esmarelda

Quote from: vallankumous on December 08, 2016, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on December 08, 2016, 02:01:14 PM

Doubt it.

Of course I do. But I think you are unintentionally agreeing with me.

That's not newsworthy. It's common knowledge. The events of yesterday in the Dail are newsworthy if there is news behind it.
[/quote]
Well I wasn't saying you're wrong. I was just answering why the newspapers went with what they went with. Of course I agree that it's not the most important factor.

foxcommander

Adams should have just ignored the Stacks in the first place. Sounds like another Mairia Cahill job to me now Enda and Micheal are getting in on the act.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

vallankumous

Quote from: heffo on December 08, 2016, 01:55:40 PM

Why are they credible? I'm not sure I'm entirely equipped to answer but...:

They've handled the murder of their father in a very dignified manner
They don't have blood on their hands and are telling us black is white

Maybe FG/FF are using it as a political ready up - they're probably just following Mary Lou's lead.

That amounts to - they I credible because I think they are and because Gerry Adams isn't.