Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2016, 09:12:24 AM
You are a Sinn Fein cheerleader. Always have been and always will be. In this particular instance, all that's needed is:

QuoteI was surprised Daithi resigned so quickly given on what I read his contribution was reasonably innocuous.

You are the only one who cannot see the inappropriateness of this.
That is cheerleadering for Sinn Fein? Wise up. It's obvious from what I'm posting here I disagree with Sinn Fein for making him resign and with Daithi for actually doing it.

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2016, 09:12:24 AM
As for your "judges direct witnesses all the time" comments, you have failed to dispute the difference between a judge openly directing a witness in court and the equivalent head of a committee engaging in clandestine conversations with a witness and referring  him to a party colleague in order to be coached (you're the only one who thinks the inverted commas are necessary here).

That's because it's a silly, strawman point. A judge can advise and give instructions to a witness anywhere he or she deems appropriate. As Chair of numerous disciplinary committees, one of my first duties was to write to witnesses with advice on what they need to present, how to compile their submission and and how to present it. Also I would advise them if necessary to seek advice from the union or any other person they thought appropriate. These things happen all the time and witnesses are often coached on their evidence by advisors, solicitors and barristers. There is no rule that I know off which prevented Daithi offering similar advice to Bryson. The only thing Daithi did "wrong" was doing it via social media and not telling anyone about it. Foolish as I've said.
The fact that you lads are content to be lead around by the nose by the Allison Morris of the Irish News is laughable considering her history of deviousness, which let's not forget lead to the death of a vulnerable woman. She's attempting to whip up a scandal out of a few Tweets and you and the Shinners have fallen for it.

Applesisapples

McKay didn't do anything illegal imo. Might be against the assembly rules but I don't see the harm in ensuring Bryson presents the evidence in a way which does not allow unionists to block it. The Nama thing stinks and I wonder why some politicians are getting so exercised. As it stands there is not a shred of evidence to suggest anyone else is involved. But if they are so what.

Rois

Sammy Wilson this morning on the radio "terrible, terrible, terrible, blah blah blah"
Presenter: "So will you refuse to sit in government with SF then?"
Sammy: "Er...no"

Or something to that effect.

ashman

There was me thinking northern politicians of whatever hue were more principled and less venal than their southern counterparts . 

Another of my beliefs under doubt.

give her dixie

In an effort to try and redeem some shred of respect over been caught out meeting Netanyahu's Likud party,
they dispatched 2 reps to Palestine. They were going to meet the family of Palestinian man who is currently
on hunger strike. And sure enough, having been silent for a few days after the exposure of their double dealing,
they sprung into action and tried to make themselves look great. Photos and press releases were fired out like
confetti, and only their loyal sheep bought it.

They used a Palestinian hunger striker to boost their fallen image. They used a hunger striker. That's how pathetic
they are. It's all about them, and no body else. They have used the Palestinian cause for years now, however,
this time they have been well caught out and rightly so. The PFLP who the hunger striker is aligned to were not impressed
and issued a statement calling for them to honour the boycott and indeed intensify it. Nobody else wanted to meet them such
is the anger in Palestine at this sell out of the cause.

I have a dossier of information on them, and they know it. They sold out the Palestinians and Palestine for their own
benefit and nobody else. They are a shower of low life scumbags for doing such a thing.

They could have stood up and said the meetings were wrong and they will not take place again. But no, they have defended
them to the hilt, even in the face of appeals from Palestinians to stop.

This is a selection of replies Sinn Fein members are posting beneath articles on the betrayal

At the end of the day, when it comes to post conflict reconciliation, we know what's best and will continue to work for what is best anywhere in the world.

I will reiterate that SF has done more than any group in Ireland to highlight the plight of the Palestinian people. We stand with them in the resistance struggle but we certainly don't require approval or permission from anyone there for things we choose to do. SF will continue to do what we feel is right to restore peace to Palestine and ensure a lasting peace. I can't stand Zionism, but to find an agreed solution to the bloodshed all sides must be consulted. There mustn't be any confusion about that.

Adams is regarded now as a Statesman...look at the role McGuinness and him played during the ending of the war in South Africa..And even our  own conflict when sworn enemies engaged.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Ulick

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 19, 2016, 10:07:24 AM
McKay didn't do anything illegal imo. Might be against the assembly rules but I don't see the harm in ensuring Bryson presents the evidence in a way which does not allow unionists to block it. The Nama thing stinks and I wonder why some politicians are getting so exercised. As it stands there is not a shred of evidence to suggest anyone else is involved. But if they are so what.

He has been completely and utterly stupid, the NAMA mess was a distinctly unionist one and now instead of the truth coming out about the dirty deals that have been done the only news story about it will be SF ganging up on them to make stuff up.

give her dixie

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 11:21:07 AM
Dixie do the PLO not meet with Likud?

Sinn Fein are not the PLO, and no one in Palestine asked them to send in a couple of lads to speak to Netanyahu's
Likud party on their behalf.

No one has come forward from Palestine to back up their bullshit.

They crossed the picket line, and they have been caught out.

And I will say it again, they are sell outs. All for their own gain......

Ulick

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:33:32 AM

Sinn Fein are not the PLO, and no one in Palestine asked them to send in a couple of lads to speak to Netanyahu's

Sorry, was that a yes or no?

give her dixie

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 11:34:56 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:33:32 AM

Sorry, was that a yes or no?

Go ask Sinn Fein who gave them permission to cross the picket line and talk with Netanyahu's Likud party.

The Palestinians can talk to whoever they want because it's their struggle.

They didn't ask nor did they instruct Sinn Fein to talk to the Zionists who currently murder them by the thousands.

Ulick

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:45:48 AM
Go ask Sinn Fein who gave them permission to cross the picket line and talk with Netanyahu's Likud party.

They didn't ask nor did they instruct Sinn Fein to talk to the Zionists who currently murder them by the thousands.

So you're saying the PLO can speak to Likud but SF can't. Yeah that makes a lot of sense alright.

AZOffaly

I'm not really getting why ghd is so outraged? Did they directly claim they were representing the Palestinians, and that's the problem? Or is it that they spoke to the Israelis on their own behalf without clearing it with the Palestinians first? If it's the latter, I'm not sure that's such a massive issue. Surely someone who is trying to help broker some contact should be able to remain autonomous and speak to both parties separately, and bring them together if they both agree?

What were they 'caught out' doing?

ashman

No Shinner but surely engaging is better than the current status quo.

to be honest the whole injustice of ME will only be solved by American government growing a pair .

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2016, 12:04:38 PM
I'm not really getting why ghd is so outraged? Did they directly claim they were representing the Palestinians, and that's the problem? Or is it that they spoke to the Israelis on their own behalf without clearing it with the Palestinians first? If it's the latter, I'm not sure that's such a massive issue. Surely someone who is trying to help broker some contact should be able to remain autonomous and speak to both parties separately, and bring them together if they both agree?

What were they 'caught out' doing?

There is a global BDS movement that asks people to Boycott Israel and companies who profit from the occupation.
Sinn Fein are even calling for the Irish Government to endorse the principles of BDS Boycott Divestment and Sanctions.
Much the same as against Apartheid back in the day.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/41210

They have been caught out meeting not only Likud party members, but other ultra Zionist groups here in Ireland.

Only a couple of days before the news went public, a Sinn Fein councillor in Co Clare was outraged that an Israeli
Ambassador was in Clare and that they didn't get an opportunity to protest. Then he was left red faced after he found
out his party leadership were not only meeting Israeli Ambassadors, but members of the Israeli Government in secret.

http://clareherald.com/2016/08/mckee-hits-out-at-visit-of-israeli-ambassador/

These meetings have been held in secret, and trust me, their membership has been rocked by what has been going on.
Especially people in the 26.

This was Sinn Fein on their peace process band wagon thinking they are the only ones that know best, and they feel they
don't need anyone's permission to talk to the Israeli's, even the Palestinians.

Even after the Palestinians spoke out about these meetings, they have refused to heed their call. Self serving bastards.

"This is very disheartening to us here in Gaza," Haidar Eid, a university professor and member of the steering committee of PACBI, the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, told The Electronic Intifada.

"We call on Irish comrades to condemn these meetings in the strongest possible terms," Eid said, urging that people write to Sinn Féin leaders and "even disrupt any future visits by Israeli officials."

"War criminals and racist organizations should not be welcomed in the new Ireland," Eid added.

"I personally met with the Sinn Féin delegation headed by Gerry Adams after the 2009 Israeli attack on Gaza, and the support they showed at the time was enormous," Eid said. "They even welcomed our BDS – boycott, divestment and sanctions – call and promised to take the issue further upon their return to Ireland."

Eid expressed outrage that Sinn Féin is now receiving delegations from "one of the most racist parties in Israel, one that openly calls for ethnic cleansing and apartheid and whose ministers have committed war crimes in Israel's latest attack on Gaza in 2014."

He praised Irish activists for their strong support of Palestine: "Our ties with the Irish people are an example of what true solidarity means. Irish civil society sectors including trade unions have heeded our call for BDS."

That solidarity has always gone both ways, Eid said: "Irish people had our support when they needed it. Sinn Féin leaders know this very well."

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/palestinians-urge-sinn-fein-end-likud-meetings

give her dixie

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:45:48 AM

So you're saying the PLO can speak to Likud but SF can't. Yeah that makes a lot of sense alright.

What part of "Sinn Fein are not the PLO" do you not get?

What part of "No one asked Sinn Fein to talk to Likud do you not get?"

What part of BDS do you not get?