Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disillusioned

Quote from: Ulick on August 18, 2016, 01:53:56 PM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 18, 2016, 01:33:43 PM
It's not necessary but this is a further example of the sheer arrogance oozing from SF MLAs who believe they are above us all, that they could not be crossed by anyone for fear of what would become of the individual and they are now firmly ensconced in government where they now control the levers of power over anyone or anything they wish.

No doubt that McKay was not operating alone and he had the backing of his colleagues and a party that exerts ruthless central control of all actions by its elected representatives.   As Sammy Wilson put so eloquently this morning, "a SF MLA can't order a box of staples without sanction by Connolly House".  The communications reported today show that at least one other MLA was involved in a choreographed appearance by Bryson.

Pardon me if I don't take Sammy's word for what happens in SF for obvious reasons, but why should we believe you?

You make my point for me on the attitude of SF and how they minimise their own actions when caught out and then attempt to make it appear that anyone raising a challenge is the issue while trying to put their centralist groupthink as the only version that can be correct as evidenced by your previous posts.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

Ulick

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 18, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
Quote from: Ulick on August 18, 2016, 01:53:56 PM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 18, 2016, 01:33:43 PM
It's not necessary but this is a further example of the sheer arrogance oozing from SF MLAs who believe they are above us all, that they could not be crossed by anyone for fear of what would become of the individual and they are now firmly ensconced in government where they now control the levers of power over anyone or anything they wish.

No doubt that McKay was not operating alone and he had the backing of his colleagues and a party that exerts ruthless central control of all actions by its elected representatives.   As Sammy Wilson put so eloquently this morning, "a SF MLA can't order a box of staples without sanction by Connolly House".  The communications reported today show that at least one other MLA was involved in a choreographed appearance by Bryson.

Pardon me if I don't take Sammy's word for what happens in SF for obvious reasons, but why should we believe you?

You make my point for me on the attitude of SF and how they minimise their own actions when caught out and then attempt to make it appear that anyone raising a challenge is the issue while trying to put their centralist groupthink as the only version that can be correct as evidenced by your previous posts.

Not minimising anything pal, just asking you to back up your augment with something more substantial than empty rhetoric.

SHEEDY

embarassing day for sein fein, dont believe for a second that daithi acted on his own on this one.
nil satis nisi optimum

Ulick

Why's that?
Should be easy enough to determine based on when Bryson DM'd him and how long it took for the reply. It must take even the Shinners at least what a few hours to ring round to get everyone together, open up Connolly House, figure out the 143 character reply and hit the reply button. Oh they probably had to use Daithi's iPhone, so I guess maybe add on another few hours for him to drive down to Belfast for the groupthink social media think-in thingy.
Maybe Allison Morris could help answer our questions or maybe she's too busy working on her next mentally vulnerable source?

Fer fck sake lads it was someone sending a few silly messages on Twitter. The Irish News calls it "coaching" and you all go weak at the knees without reading past the bullshit.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

Quote from: Ulick on August 18, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: ashman on August 18, 2016, 02:26:25 PM
Quote from: Ulick on August 18, 2016, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 18, 2016, 01:57:36 PM
I don't understand why the f**k Sinn Fein needed to get involved in it. It was obviously a DUP plant feeding the info to wee Jamie why couldn't they just let him get on with it?

Also what the f**k is the chair of the committee doing coaching a witness to the committee. For a party not known to make mistakes on this scale it's a huge f**king blunder and blows the whole NAMA story on to Sinn Fein instead of the DUP where it should be!

His "coaching" amounted to:

"What should tick the box of the committee for public session in terms of your response and I will be saying this to other witnesses ..."
and
"Send me a draft of the letter you are sending. Keen to get you into public session."

He presumably resigned because it was made clear that he shouldn't have had any contact with him. Daithi foolishly thought that as he would say the same to others it was okay to have some informal contact.

Ulick

Do you really expect us to believe this ??

Well that's what was on the front page of the Irish News this morning.

So that's makes it true then?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Ulick

No idea, the Irish News these days seems to be following the Tele approach by giving us lots of half truths' surrounded by bullshit. For example the other day the Tele had something about a drinks campaign being cancelled because they didn't want to be associated with the Orange Order which would offend Catholics. When you cut through Suzanne Breen's bullshit in that story to read the company position it said nothing about offended Catholics just the OO. Breen added the bit about the Catholics to stir the pot in order to provoke rent-a-quote merchants' like Tom Elliot. Similarly in this case Morris has presented us with two Twitter direct messages from Daithi and said he was "coaching" Bryson. Really? More likely he was on his sofa on a Sunday afternoon, whipped off two replies, thought the better of it later and told him to contact someone else. It's the nature and immediacy of social media. Alison Morris knows that herself, sure she was on the media earlier in the week as an expert of all things Twitter. She also knows she'll find a willing audience spreading such bullshit just as her and her erstwhile colleague Barnes did during the despicable and tragic Dolours Price "story".

screenexile

Quote from: Rossfan on August 18, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
Ulick you're in a hole - stop diggin' ;)

Seconded... You're fighting a losing battle here Ulick if McKay did nothing wrong then why resign?

In answer to your question which I already answers previously there is nothing wrong with a witness being coached but not by the Chair of the committee who is supposed to be impartial and beyond reproach!!

gallsman

As bad as Fearon sometimes. If it was someone from the other side of the fence you'd be clamouring for heads to roll.

Blinkered, blind cheer leading does nobody any good.

Ulick

But why should it matter. If the Chair is impartial then who better to prepare him? Bryson was a witness not an accused. Daithi resigned because someone or some rule has deemed the contact inappropriate, which it probably was. But let's not get carried away, it's hardly a hanging offence and certainly not unheard off for a committee Chair to help prepare those about to give submissions. And then, 2 Tweets is now deemed as "coaching"? Dead-on...

Ulick

Quote from: gallsman on August 18, 2016, 09:24:43 PM
As bad as Fearon sometimes. If it was someone from the other side of the fence you'd be clamouring for heads to roll.

Blinkered, blind cheer leading does nobody any good.

I take it that's addressed to me? Who exactly am I cheerleading for and what have I said makes you think that?

longballin

Quote from: Ulick on August 18, 2016, 09:28:46 PM
But why should it matter. If the Chair is impartial then who better to prepare him? Bryson was a witness not an accused. Daithi resigned because someone or some rule has deemed the contact inappropriate, which it probably was. But let's not get carried away, it's hardly a hanging offence and certainly not unheard off for a committee Chair to help prepare those about to give submissions. And then, 2 Tweets is now deemed as "coaching"? Dead-on...

The issue is who he was colluding with. A UVF apologist and fan of Billy Wright. Absolute disgrace.

Ulick

"colluding" - two Tweets encouraging a witness to come before a committee. Fck sake lads this is shark jump territory now. Daithi was foolish and is now paying the price probably because he got that loyalist march banned.

trileacman

Jesus ulick you think you'd have the good sense to keep your mouth shut on this one. About the only positive thing I can think to say about Dhaiti is that he had the good sense to fall on his sword and accept is wrongdoing. Too many politicians see fit to blindly plough on through their disgrace unabashed.

Kind of pathetic though this is what the great political machine of Sf is about these days. Urging on an illiterate knuckle dragger to do their dirty work. I'd say Dhaiti thought himself a real clever fcuker getting in contact with Bryson like he was f**king Frank Underwood.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Nigel White

I don't know why he resigned. I don't see that he did anything wrong.