Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

you stated it as a fact mate!!!  I leave that with you !

So everything written in a book is fact then?

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:54:53 AM
you stated it as a fact mate!!!  I leave that with you !

So everything written in a book is fact then?

I don't recall stating anything as a fact, I have just repeated what is there in print. You were the one who was hysterically claiming I was making unfounded allegations.

Gaffer

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 09:11:50 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 01:03:12 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 12:44:25 AM
How did slab make sacrifices out of his own pocket?

He financed most of the South Armagh brigade's operations when NORAID was effectively finished in the states.

He paid for guns and bombs that were used to kill/ maim people  in South Armagh? 

And NORAID did so beforehand?

Is that what you are saying?

Yes, he paid for guns and bombs - what do you think brought freedom for the 26 - happy clapping and the rosary? The Irish cause for independence is synonymous with guns and violence but the portrayal is very different depending on the ear.

If anything the Provos had more of a reasoning in their armed struggle than the IRA than preceded it.

There you go! Read above!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 20, 2015, 11:30:42 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 11:25:36 AM
Oh no

I asked you did he pay for guns and bombs and you said yes

And you said that 'allegations' were in published books. Check over your posts !

You need to be careful what you state. The laws of the land apply to online discussions boards as well.

Pull those posts mate and do yourself a favour!

As I said, guns and boms are your words, not mine. Just because you made a complete f**king idiot of yourself doesn't mean I'll do you a favour and pull those posts down. In fact these are the exact words from Ed Moloney's "A Secret History of The IRA".

"There was another, even more compelling reason for the IRA' failures. By 1996 the organization was broke and owed money everywhere, not least to Slab Murphy, who had lent the IRA some of the proceeds from his cross-Border business operations and had not been repaid."
Cross border business operations ;D :) ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DuffleKing

Slab is the tip of a pyramid of criminal activity, collective and individual greed that has its Genesis in "the struggle" and remains a blight on communities around the border area. From the moment give peace a chance became a viable mantra, the race to get a slice of the pie became the raison d'etre of the Republican movement. Distributing cash, selling on weapons, auctioning land, etc. The top men had to be comforted to ensure they'd carry the ceasefire message with feeling.

The initial hierarchy of equals carve up created dissident groups and the cloak of funding the war has empowered anti social and criminal elements to continue and expand smuggling, theft and the permeation of drugs into the lives of young people ever since. Communities turn a blind eye now to all of these activities as those directing it somehow retain the residue of the Republican cloak.

The legacy of the troubles in these communities is a culture of acceptance of criminal activity and intimidation as normality. We now even have a wave of 20 somethings that knew nothing of the darkest times but are now the minions of these law breakers. They do the dirty work, drive the mercs, beat people up together in bars and hard out instructional leaflets outside polling stations. Today's freedom fighters.

Thieving, smuggling and drawing the dole to weaken the crown ended as a morally credible crusade a generation ago. Now it just means less nurses in the hospital, fewer text books in schools and bumpy roads. Eire nua.

general_lee

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 20, 2015, 04:48:06 PMNow it just means less nurses in the hospital, fewer text books in schools and bumpy roads. Eire nua.
You honestly believe the above? Plenty of money available to fund the UK's war fetish, so I don't think the activities of a couple of dozen or so individuals in South Armagh has any real bearing on the exchequer.

Rossfan

Quote from: general_lee on December 21, 2015, 07:47:17 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 20, 2015, 04:48:06 PMNow it just means less nurses in the hospital, fewer text books in schools and bumpy roads. Eire nua.
You honestly believe the above? Plenty of money available to fund the UK's war fetish, so I don't think the activities of a couple of dozen or so individuals in South Armagh has any real bearing on the exchequer.
Still doesn't make diesel laundering, Garda killing etc etc alright.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

This presumes that money available for war is available for hospitals, roads etc, when all the evidence suggests that this is not the case. The reality is that a any serious discussion of a United Ireland is dependent on proper public finances and that SF are opposing a United Ireland by their attitudes in this matter and in their irresponsibility in regard to expenditure generally.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general_lee

Really? What exactly is stopping the UK from cutting back on military spending? And directing it to more useful causes? Say trident for example. Literally no need for it.

armaghniac

The UK spends money on what it thinks is wise. Either way it will never spend on roads, schools and health in S. Armagh what it spent on occupying it.

The business of Irish people should be to get out if the UK so that their expenditure is irrelevant.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

How about just opposing that culture because it's right to do so rather than trying to find a "what about" loophole to justify it?

general_lee

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 21, 2015, 01:44:22 PM

How about just opposing that culture because it's right to do so rather than trying to find a "what about" loophole to justify it?
Where did I say I supported it?
I'm saying it doesn't make a difference to UK gov education, health or infrastructure spending.

DuffleKing

Quote from: general_lee on December 21, 2015, 01:56:33 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 21, 2015, 01:44:22 PM

Where did I say I supported it?
I'm saying it doesn't make a difference to UK gov education, health or infrastructure spending.

Right... useful point.

So you do condemn it then?

general_lee

To be honest, I'd be more concerned about the environmental impact than any monetary loss to the taxman, so on that basis yes.

DuffleKing

Quote from: general_lee on December 21, 2015, 02:02:41 PM
To be honest, I'd be more concerned about the environmental impact than any monetary loss to the taxman, so on that basis yes.

I'm more concerned about the societal impact that common criminals being the face of the Republican movement and their apparent free hand has.