Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Tell me what a 'moderate nationalist' is and I ll tell you if you should 'file' me there
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 19, 2015, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 03:58:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 18, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 07:49:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 05:29:18 PM
He could have given up his old ways when the War ended in 1998. ;)
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Half the 18 to 35 year olds in the 26 Cos never heard of Slabeen or loads more of the heroes of 1969 to 98.
It always makes me as a taxpayer feel good when any tax dodger is found out.
And it's a bonus if it costs SF and helps prevent them from ruining the Economy.

I'll tell you something, Slab Murphy is a man who was willing to dispense with 6 figure sums that he knew he'd never retrieve to support a cause that he believed would help his people. Maybe, it's ok for you, sitting in some bog dwelling shithole in Roscommon to pontificate about the actions of these men but I can guarantee you 100 years or so ago you had men acting in whatever political allegiance you pertain to, doing the exact same and you probably regard them as heroes (unless you're John Bruton).

What you don't understand is the occupied 6 was sold down the river by the free state, we were a marginalised community in a statelet created on sectarian grounds and what was done for us by anyone when gerrymandering and discrimination was openly advocated within that statelet? Nothing, that's what - and hearing sneary little f**ks like you pontificate and moralise about what happened gets under my skin deeply.

War blurs lines and it makes ordinary people do extraordinary things, it also attracts the worst in society looking to fuel their needs - but what is more relevant is looking as the causal effects of the war and to that we have to point to two parties - the British Government and the Free State - they created the bloodshed but only wanted to wash their hands of what happened and deflect blame on to others. What was happening was wrong and why didn't the Free State do what was right and intervene?

So you go and moralise and pontificate all you want but it was people like you, with your attitude that played their role in the bloody conflict that unfolded.

Top post mate. Too many freestater apologists (the likes of Rossfanny) would have preferred that the people in the o6 sat on their hands and waited to be given equal rights.

You would nearly think you were speaking  on behalf of the northern nationalist! Fox commander. You certainly are not!

Rossfans view would be closer to the majority of the nationalists re IRA than yours. And thank God for that!

Really?

Amazing how Sinn Fein have an overwhelming majority support from the nationalist community in the O6, doesn't quite transcribe with your views on the nationalist view of the RA when a high proportion of elected nationalist politicians are former RA members.

Out of curiosity, are you a Stoop?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 11:50:38 PM
Disgraceful rant totally missing rhe point by an insulting eejit.
Not many of the Ros IRA ended up with with loads of assets..
Anyway the war was over since 1998 so why didn't the bould Mr Murphy pay taxes to the 26 Co State like the rest of us who live here from then?
He took all the farmer grants etc.

Really?

Didn't DeValera have a media empire by the time he died? Are you completely oblivious or ignorant to the corrupt nature of the 26 county state which Fianna Fail and Fine Gael have pretty much governed since its inception? Who do you vote for?

Gaffer

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 19, 2015, 08:25:13 PM
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Half the 18 to 35 year olds in the 26 Cos never heard of Slabeen or loads more of the heroes of 1969 to 98.
And it's a bonus if it costs SF and helps prevent them from ruining the Economy.

I'll tell you something, Slab Murphy is a man who was willing to dispense with 6 figure sums that he knew he'd never retrieve to support a cause that he believed would help his people. Maybe, it's ok for you, sitting in some bog dwelling shithole in Roscommon to pontificate about the actions of these men but I can guarantee you 100 years or so ago you had men acting in whatever political allegiance you pertain to, doing the exact same and you probably regard them as heroes (unless you're John Bruton).

What you don't understand is the occupied 6 was sold down the river by the free state, we were a marginalised community in a statelet created on sectarian grounds and what was done for us by anyone when gerrymandering and discrimination was openly advocated within that statelet? Nothing, that's what - and hearing sneary little f**ks like you pontificate and moralise about what happened gets under my skin deeply.

War blurs lines and it makes ordinary people do extraordinary things, it also attracts the worst in society looking to fuel their needs - but what is more relevant is looking as the causal effects of the war and to that we have to point to two parties - the British Government and the Free State - they created the bloodshed but only wanted to wash their hands of what happened and deflect blame on to others. What was happening was wrong and why didn't the Free State do what was right and intervene?

So you go and moralise and pontificate all you want but it was people like you, with your attitude that played their role in the bloody conflict that unfolded.

Top post mate. Too many freestater apologists (the likes of Rossfanny) would have preferred that the people in the o6 sat on their hands and waited to be given equal rights.

You would nearly think you were speaking  on behalf of the northern nationalist! Fox commander. You certainly are not!

Rossfans view would be closer to the majority of the nationalists re IRA than yours. And thank God for that!

Really?

Amazing how Sinn Fein have an overwhelming majority support from the nationalist community in the O6, doesn't quite transcribe with your views on the nationalist view of the RA when a high proportion of elected nationalist politicians are former RA members.

Sinn Fein have  the majority nationalist support ever since the IRA abandoned their campaign
some SDLP supporters moved to them after they entered the democratic process. However during the IRA campaign the majority of nationalists voted for SDLP who were opposed to the Provos. Those former SDLP supporters who now vote Sinn Fein were totally anti IRA   

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gaffer on December 19, 2015, 08:35:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 19, 2015, 08:25:13 PM

Really?

Sinn Fein have  the majority nationalist support ever since the IRA abandoned their campaign
some SDLP supporters moved to them after they entered the democratic process. However during the IRA campaign the majority of nationalists voted for SDLP who were opposed to the Provos. Those former SDLP supporters who now vote Sinn Fein were totally anti IRA

And that was mainly because Sinn Fein played a subservient role to the IRA right up until the late 80s and early 90s.

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 19, 2015, 08:29:06 PM
Anyway the war was over since 1998 so why didn't the bould Mr Murphy pay taxes to the 26 Co State like the rest of us who live here from then?

Really?

Didn't DeValera have a media empire by the time he died? Are you completely oblivious or ignorant to the corrupt nature of the 26 county state which Fianna Fail and Fine Gael have pretty much governed since its inception? Who do you vote for?
What's DeValera got to do with a leading SF fellow traveller dodging his legitimate taxes?
Sure Daniel O'Connell owned half of Kerry and Wolfe Tone was from a very wealthy family. Lord Edward owned half of Leinster.
As for corruption - is that the kind of thing Tax dodger and barber dodger Wallace was talking about in the Dàil when he referred to £7m being lodged in the I of Man for a Politician???
Who I vote for is none of your business,.... But you may take it I don't vote SF.
Gerry issued a pro Slab statement today I hear which no doubt will strengthen his position with his constituency.
However the decent people he needs to win over will not be impressed.
Micky Martin has a letter in the paper today saying FF won't enter a Coalition with the Slablovers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Gerry reckons that Slab was hard done by because he was done in the Special Criminal court rather than a usual jury one. 
Hardly surprising, I would not wish to be on a jury in Slab's case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Murphy got done for tax evasion and rightly so, how some pricks on here can defend him is laughable, they cut out all the diesel laundering and underhand dealings running along the border do everyone a big favour, Murphy Wasn't  and never was anybody`s hero!!

Rossfan

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 19, 2015, 10:07:45 PM
Murphy got done for tax evasion and rightly so, how some pricks on here can defend him is laughable, they cut out all the diesel laundering and underhand dealings running along the border do everyone a big favour, Murphy Wasn't  and never was anybody`s hero!!
The Shinner types online and their public reps have blindly defended far worse than that. Not so much a party as a cult.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on December 19, 2015, 09:42:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 19, 2015, 08:29:06 PM

Really?

What's DeValera got to do with a leading SF fellow traveller dodging his legitimate taxes?
Sure Daniel O'Connell owned half of Kerry and Wolfe Tone was from a very wealthy family. Lord Edward owned half of Leinster.
As for corruption - is that the kind of thing Tax dodger and barber dodger Wallace was talking about in the Dàil when he referred to £7m being lodged in the I of Man for a Politician???
Who I vote for is none of your business,.... But you may take it I don't vote SF.
Gerry issued a pro Slab statement today I hear which no doubt will strengthen his position with his constituency.
However the decent people he needs to win over will not be impressed.
Micky Martin has a letter in the paper today saying FF won't enter a Coalition with the Slablovers.

You were talking about members of the IRA ending up with loads of assets. DeValera was a member of the IRA, he ended up with a media empire? How can you fail to see the irony.

Guys like you have a f**king gaul to comment on the situation in the occupied six. It's easy to moralise and pontificate when you do so from the warmth of your safe haven, but a lot of these guys were ordinary men doing extraordinary things for what they believed would better the lives of their friends, family and communities who were a marginalised and discriminated section of society, that is the context of the North at that time.

People can say what they want about Slab Murphy, maybe he is a criminal, a thug or a tax evader but he also made sacrifices out of his own pocket and ease of life in order to help a discriminated community. It's the brazen hypocrisy from braindead idiots like you who will probably champion some ignorant blueshirt who is ripping the state of for about 200k, breaking promises he made and paying scant lip service to the government's attacks on decent working people while taking their extortionate salaries back home without the smallest sense of guilt.

I have respect for guys who were willing to lay down their lives, makes sacrifices which could include a life on the run, in prison or dead because they believed it was the right thing to do in order to achieve a just society for their people. They may have done bad things, but it was a blurred time and their conviction was it was a just thing to do.

Do you think guys like Haughey, Aherne, Cowan, Kenny or anyone else from the establishment parties ever made personal sacrifices for what they believed would benefit their people or country? Could you ever imagine any of them willing to put their lives at risk in order to change an unjust society for the better?

Would they f**k, all they are interested in making as much money as they can and they couldn't give a damn about who they screw over in order to build that empire.

A spell under the Brits might do some of ye no harm in changing your mindset and knock the moralising and hypocrisy out of ye.

Rossfan

You're missing the point entirely.
The war ended in 1998 with the people voting to accept the GFA.
Since then the Sinners/Provos have taken part in legitimate politics while maintaining a criminal empire.
Eejits like you can't see that such carry on is not on - esp if ye wish to be part of Government in the  now totally legitimised 26 Co State.

Gaffer

How did slab make sacrifices out of his own pocket?

Rossfan

Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 12:44:25 AM
The sacrifices seemed to end up IN his pocket.

Gaffer

Quote from: Rossfan on December 20, 2015, 12:54:33 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 20, 2015, 12:44:25 AM
The sacrifices seemed to end up IN his pocket.

Yes. Waiting on the bomber boy to clarify!