Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: foxcommander on December 17, 2015, 09:02:24 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 17, 2015, 08:44:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 17, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
Oul Slabeen found guilty of tax dodging today!!

Will hes be locked up for this? Hopefully he will and get quite a while!

If justice is consistent then he should get off with some community service like the boys got for creating the banking crisis.

Foxy

At the time of the year when we dish out awards at bun fights congrats on Whatabouter of the year .

Maguire01

Quote from: FermGael on December 17, 2015, 11:41:35 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 20, 2015, 07:30:43 PM
The gaffe-prone Phil Flanagan strikes again...

Rodney Edwards ‏@rodneyedwards  Nov 19
Sinn Fein's @PhilFlanagan does not consider #ISIS "terrorists" and says term is used "by British establishment" to "demonise organisations."

Phil has failed to win the nomination to run in next year's assembly elections.
Saw that. Unusual for a sitting politician not to be renominated, but he was weak and only won that last seat by a small margin in 2011, so it is one of SFs most vulnerable.

HiMucker

Quote from: Gaffer on December 17, 2015, 11:42:33 PM
Avoiding tax is an administrative mix up????  Lol

Probably thinks murder is common assault!
tax avoidance isn't illegal.  I take it you mean evasion  ;)

Rossfan

I presume the oul €250k and £110k found in the shed was an "administrative error" too.
All them houses in Manchester?? Maybe they were for Bertie :D
And some say FF and SF wouldn't go into a Coalition together.!!
Will Gerry move to distance SF from slab.......or will the AC not allow him??
I think SF will lose another 2 or 3 potential seats here as more decent people will skip them on the ballot paper.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 11:25:58 AM
I presume the oul €250k and £110k found in the shed was an "administrative error" too.
All them houses in Manchester?? Maybe they were for Bertie :D
And some say FF and SF wouldn't go into a Coalition together.!!
Will Gerry move to distance SF from slab.......or will the AC not allow him??
I think SF will lose another 2 or 3 potential seats here as more decent people will skip them on the ballot paper.

Wishful thinking on your part Ross.  This is not news - everyone knew what Slab was up to.  Everyone knows Gerry was in the'RA.  They will vote for them anyway.  Partly because of Nationalistic sympathies and partly because, well, the alternatives are also a shower of crooked cnuts.

Applesisapples

The reason Slab got done for tax evasion was because they failed to pin anything else on him. There have been more people than Slab at that crack. No evidence that the Shinners had anything to do with it.

Rossfan

He's a Shinner hero( a "great Republican" per Gerry) and the old 2 sides of the same coin "Republican movement" etc etc.
"They" ( i.e lawful Government who represent us decent taxpaying non criminal people) couldn't pin anything else on him - we all know what would happen to anyone giving evidence don't we!!!???
Franko - the "Nationalistic sympathies" people in the 26 already vote SF ( except for the dissidents of course). But they need more than them if they want to go anywhere. Those of a left leaning view that could be tempted to vote for them ( mainly young who never heard of Slab) will be having a rethink when they hear that the "movement" is just as full of tax dodgers and crooks as the FFrs or FGrs could ever be.

general_lee

Rossfan what position within Sinn Fein does Slab Murphy hold?

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 01:21:41 PM
He's a Shinner hero( a "great Republican" per Gerry) and the old 2 sides of the same coin "Republican movement" etc etc.
"They" ( i.e lawful Government who represent us decent taxpaying non criminal people) couldn't pin anything else on him - we all know what would happen to anyone giving evidence don't we!!!???
Franko - the "Nationalistic sympathies" people in the 26 already vote SF ( except for the dissidents of course). But they need more than them if they want to go anywhere. Those of a left leaning view that could be tempted to vote for them ( mainly young who never heard of Slab) will be having a rethink when they hear that the "movement" is just as full of tax dodgers and crooks as the FFrs or FGrs could ever be.

So were you talking about SF losing seats or just 'not gaining' seats?  It's not clear from your post.

heffo

Quote from: general_lee on December 18, 2015, 01:38:44 PM

If we believe the Guards and PSNI he is/was a member of the IRA AC and a former Chief of Staff - the same body which the same Guards/PSNI say exert control over Sinn Fein.

foxcommander

Quote from: heffo on December 18, 2015, 02:29:00 PM

If we believe the Guards and PSNI he is/was a member of the IRA AC and a former Chief of Staff - the same body which the same Guards/PSNI say exert control over Sinn Fein.

Speculation. I don't ever recall him doing a press conference to announce his position as CEO.

Guards can say what they like. As we've seen from the Irish Water enforcement work they are not to be trusted by the people.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Come on Rossfan - you've been spouting shite again....

foxcommander

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2015, 12:58:43 PM
The reason Slab got done for tax evasion was because they failed to pin anything else on him. There have been more people than Slab at that crack. No evidence that the Shinners had anything to do with it.

As I said - this is payback time from the cops masquerading as a tax issue. They've wanted to jail him for years but couldn't get the evidence to do it.

Franko

Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2015, 12:58:43 PM

As I said - this is payback time from the cops masquerading as a tax issue. They've wanted to jail him for years but couldn't get the evidence to do it.

In fairness fox, I've no doubt he's guilty.  I've also no doubt he was in the IRA.

Rossfan trying to connect it all to SF is a bit pathetic though.  SF are not the IRA.  This constant faux outrage towards SF for the actions of ex IRA members (who are now not connected to the party) is clearly to try to halt their rise in 26 Co. politics.  And it reeks of desperation.

Rossfan

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 03:40:29 PM
Rossfan trying to connect it all to SF is a bit pathetic though.  SF are not the IRA.  This constant faux outrage towards SF for the actions of ex IRA members (who are now not connected to the party) is clearly to try to halt their rise in 26 Co. politics.  And it reeks of desperation.
Jasus Franko will you come out of cloud cuckooland  :o
I'm afraid only the most gullible (or SF party members) believe that oul blather. ;D
As for confusing you earlier I said the loss of potential seats (not existing ones).
Happy Christmas and hope ye're not too disappointed with ye're 22/25 seats return in Feb 16.