Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I see they've " stopped Tory cuts" in the North now.
Is the next move that the Brit Govt takes Welfare back from Stormont and brings in the same cuts as in England and Wales?
Meanwhile SF tell the gullible ones they are anti Austerity and anti just about everything else nasty as well.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2015, 09:15:20 AM
I see they've " stopped Tory cuts" in the North now.
Is the next move that the Brit Govt takes Welfare back from Stormont and brings in the same cuts as in England and Wales?
Meanwhile SF tell the gullible ones they are anti Austerity and anti just about everything else nasty as well.
Worth noting that SF, The Greens and the SDLP pulled this bill down. Unionist parties are too quick to toe the UK line, afraid it will make them some what less British than Finchley. UK government will be slow to take anything back from Stormont as it could well see the unravelling of the GFA, which is an international agreement. Whilst I am somewhat annoyed at the northern benefits culture, I have no particular love of Stormont and wouldn't shed many tears at its demise. SF are not usually prone to taking steps like this unless they are pretty sure of the likely outcomes. SDLP opposition to the bill probably also had a major bearing on SF's attitude. I'd guess electoral success in the South is a likely higher priority than the Sick Counties. and yes I meant sick.

Rossfan

They got around 16% first prefs in the by election which is a quota in a 5 seater.
Meanwhile their populist nonsensical policies will ensure they'll hoover up loony left transfers and likely get them a lot of seats in 4 seaters.
As for the sick Counties..... If the Tories want to keep it at a distance they will likely concoct some deal to keep the Stormont show going till there is a Nationalist majority and they can get out of town.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2015, 09:53:32 AM
They got around 16% first prefs in the by election which is a quota in a 5 seater.
Meanwhile their populist nonsensical policies will ensure they'll hoover up loony left transfers and likely get them a lot of seats in 4 seaters.
As for the sick Counties..... If the Tories want to keep it at a distance they will likely concoct some deal to keep the Stormont show going till there is a Nationalist majority and they can get out of town.

Does this differ from any of the other parties in any substantive way??

Rossfan

Two of the other parties ( FG and Lab) had to live in the real world since 2011.
Lucyloola's new PDs are only appealing to their own niche- well heeled right leaning people who won't be depending on public services.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

Minder

What's happening with SF in Cork? 54 members of Cobh branch have resigned in protest at treatment of two councillors
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: Minder on June 24, 2015, 10:55:58 PM
What's happening with SF in Cork? 54 members of Cobh branch have resigned in protest at treatment of two councillors

Gerrymandering?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Mayo4Sam

Very in-Sinn Fein behaviour, party members not towing the line

Maybe Mary-Lou could learn a thing or two from these people and grow some principles of her own
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

This isn't the right thread but......

Did anyone see Ruth Copinger say yesterday 'How dare' Noonan lecture the Greek Government, as she then proceeded to lecture the Irish Government.  ;D I thought the hypocrisy was very funny.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2015, 07:43:52 PM
This isn't the right thread but......

Did anyone see Ruth Copinger say yesterday 'How dare' Noonan lecture the Greek Government, as she then proceeded to lecture the Irish Government.  ;D I thought the hypocrisy was very funny.
Don't ya know that loonylefties are always right all the time about everything. ;)
Seems to be shenanigans among the Cork FF fraternity too.

Rossfan

The shenanigans continue in East Cork and a 3 point drop in latest RedC poll.
Wondering why this thread has been so quiet ::)

muppet

MWWSI 2017