Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on March 11, 2015, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 11, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 11, 2015, 08:26:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2015, 08:12:09 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone believe the welfare system does not need reform ?

Of course it needs reform, the wholly inadequate amounts paid by the right wing Kenny and Cameron governments need to be vastly increased.
And paid for by who?

The Rich. And you and me.
What about the rest of my post? Do you want working people earning the average wage to pay more to people who take home more than them on benefits?

charlieTully

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 11, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 11, 2015, 08:26:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2015, 08:12:09 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone believe the welfare system does not need reform ?

Of course it needs reform, the wholly inadequate amounts paid by the right wing Kenny and Cameron governments need to be vastly increased.
And paid for by who?

Do you really think that 6,000 families in NI should receive benefits above the £26k annual cap (at an average of over £30k)? That's way above the NI average wage.

there is a benefit class in this place that has been created by the ease in which benefits have been given out especially DLA. In my line of work I come across a shocking amount of people who have never and if they could get away with it would never work. I am not talking about genuine folk who are ill or who are unemployed through the recession or whatever. I have had dealings with a 20 year old lass who has told me she is on DLA and cant work because she has COPD, whilst puffing on a fag. I could give 100s of examples of people who are on DLA etc who don't need to be. Its a system that needs seriously tightened up, millions are being wasted on it and it is unsustainable. Its the charlatans that are messing it up for those in genuine need.

foxcommander

Quote from: charlieTully on March 11, 2015, 08:58:35 PM
Its a system that needs seriously tightened up, millions are being wasted on it and it is unsustainable. Its the charlatans that are messing it up for those in genuine need.

Easily fixed. Offer 1K reward for evidence of anyone found scrounging benefits they aren't entitled to. Race to the bottom there....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

charlieTully

Quote from: foxcommander on March 11, 2015, 09:09:04 PM
Its a system that needs seriously tightened up, millions are being wasted on it and it is unsustainable. Its the charlatans that are messing it up for those in genuine need.

Easily fixed. Offer 1K reward for evidence of anyone found scrounging benefits they aren't entitled to. Race to the bottom there....

nah man, no touting allowed. ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: charlieTully on March 11, 2015, 09:14:56 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 11, 2015, 09:09:04 PM

nah man, no touting allowed. ;)

Aw shite...plenty of people I'd love to grass up and make a fortune :)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

To get back to the hot story of the moment - how much damage has been done to SF as a result of the McGahon case.
Especially it being dealt with "in house" like the Catholic Church used to do.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2015, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 11, 2015, 09:51:14 PM
To get back to the hot story of the moment - how much damage has been done to SF as a result of the McGahon case.
I'd say little to none.

Shinners must have very low standards for this not to have done any damage.
What sort of Ireland would we live in with that shower in power - just ignore the law of the land when it doesn't suit?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maguire01

Quote from: Tubberman on March 11, 2015, 10:11:33 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2015, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 11, 2015, 09:51:14 PM
I'd say little to none.

Shinners must have very low standards for this not to have done any damage.
What sort of Ireland would we live in with that shower in power - just ignore the law of the land when it doesn't suit?
Hardstation is right. For some reason, SF supporters seem willing to stand by the party no matter what. I'd be surprised if this did any real damage.

ONeill

I'd go even further. Because of the way Sinn Fein's political opponents jump on any scandal or serious misdemeanours in a disingenuous manner, it strengthen SF.

You can see it already in many media outlets. Instead of earnestly addressing the issue in hand, opponents start using it to win votes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 10:38:07 PM
I'd go even further. Because of the way Sinn Fein's political opponents jump on any scandal or serious misdemeanours in a disingenuous manner, it strengthen SF.

You can see it already in many media outlets. Instead of earnestly addressing the issue in hand, opponents start using it to win votes.
How exactly should they react? Without criticising the party?

Rossfan

Whatever about the North it will certainly lose them some potential voters in the 26.
Will also mean more difficulty in getting transfers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 11, 2015, 10:42:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 10:38:07 PM

How exactly should they react? Without criticising the party?

Watch Stormont Live this week or buy Sunday's Dublin papers. There'll be very little real empathy with the case in hand. Dorty politics I suppose.

theticklemister

Sinn Fein are a smooth operating machine. mcguinness is the best at this, he is a very charming man.

Even if he go back to Adams' father and the Cahill case, these have simply been brushed under the table. Now imagine, God forbid, this person went on to abuse other poor boys and girls in England. It would be absolutely terrible; however the slick Shinner system will kick in to make sure it has minimal affect again.

Were the McGahon's a Republican family whom gave shelter to volunteers throughout the years? I'm not 100% certain from what I read. If this is a case not only has this man took the innocence of a person; but also used his status within the IRA to threaten him if he spoke out and misplaced the trust the family has shown to the IRA over all the years.

Look at the Francie Molly tweet last night. He categorically came out and said Spotlight was rubbish, after a phone call from Gerry he rebukes this. Sinn Fein supporters seem not to be allowed to think for themselves and must toe-the-line in cases. Molloy obviously thought that a programme which is criticising the Shinners is wrong and just like in every other occasion, they come out lambasting it; however the Shinners have agreed with the programme on this occasion.

Gerry must use the same book as his 'I never was in the IRA' for his 'I don't know this IRA member who abused this boy and I don't know where in England he is'

ONeill

1. Bullet to his head
2. In a room with him with any implement you want
3. Exile

The three options offered to the victims. What would you choose?

theticklemister