Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2014, 11:52:01 PM
This is reasonably dealt with by giving 30,000 litres free and further 21,000 litres free for every child.

Your faith is touching (ad nauseam), but you really don't, and can't have any idea what's going to happen a year or two down the line, if the Irish Water quango is turning no (or too little) profit. You'll still be billed, however, and the least you'll be liable for, allowing for the 'free' allowance, is €278.16 (assuming there are two adults in the household).

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 21, 2014, 11:52:35 PM
Will you personally have to pay 45euros to Irish Water or not ?

Yes, I personally will be liable.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 22, 2014, 12:04:49 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 22, 2014, 12:00:47 AM
How so ? Do you live in the republic ?

Yep.

very interesting.

Firstly, welcome to the south.

When did Strabane (as beautiful as it is) lose it's pull on your heartstrings ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 22, 2014, 12:09:55 AM
very interesting.

Ha! :)

Fadó, fadó, long time resident of the Capital at this stage! ;)

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 22, 2014, 12:12:29 AM
very interesting.

Fair enough. Good to know you are one of "us"

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 21, 2014, 11:58:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2014, 11:52:01 PM
This is reasonably dealt with by giving 30,000 litres free and further 21,000 litres free for every child.

Your faith is touching (ad nauseam), but you really don't, and can't have any idea what's going to happen a year or two down the line, if the Irish Water quango is turning no (or too little) profit. You'll still be billed, however, and the least you'll be liable for, allowing for the 'free' allowance, is €278.16 (assuming there are two adults in the household).

Once again your muddled water argument is difficult to fathom (!).

If you are arguing that water is a necessity for life and thus no family should be denied water on cost grounds, I agree completely. Hence my point regarding 30,000 litres free per household and a further 21,000 free per child.

If you are debating the ideology of water as a utility, which it is is most other countries, then the necessity for life argument is irrelevant. Regarding the ownership ideology, as I said earlier, I don't care either way as long as it is run properly.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 22, 2014, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 22, 2014, 12:12:29 AM
very interesting.

Fair enough. Good to know you are one of "us"
wasn't he always?

Rossfan

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 21, 2014, 11:47:58 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 21, 2014, 11:38:03 PM
How much do you think your first Irish water bill will be ?

it'll be somewhere around the €45 mark, apparently.
Ya mane oul hoor moaning about a bileen like that  :o
If you drink porther sure you'd spend more than that in a few hours in a pub in Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2014, 03:23:27 PM

If you drink porther sure you'd spend more than that in a few hours in a pub in Dublin.

I'm not moaning about any bill, I'm all right Jack, though I resent handing it over to such a dysfunctionally disastrous shower as Irish Water.

There are more than plenty of folk who won't have the cent never mind the euro, and that's what my gripe is (muppet seems to think they don't exist); it will cause real distress for thousands of homes -- the default should be no bill at all provided that relatively generous limits are adhered to, and which should have been covered by general taxation over the last decades and years, for the upgrade of the system (which it has been crying out for, for the decades past). Those who exceed the relatively generous limits should be hit, and hit very hard financially, ie, if taps are left running, if you have your sprinkler continually on, if your five Jags need daily washing, then tough!

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 22, 2014, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2014, 03:23:27 PM

I'm not moaning about any bill, I'm all right Jack, though I resent handing it over to such a dysfunctionally disastrous shower as Irish Water.

There are more than plenty of folk who won't have the cent never mind the euro, and that's what my gripe is (muppet seems to think they don't exist); it will cause real distress for thousands of homes -- the default should be no bill at all provided that relatively generous limits are adhered to, and which should have been covered by general taxation over the last decades and years, for the upgrade of the system (which it has been crying out for, for the decades past). Those who exceed the relatively generous limits should be hit, and hit very hard financially, ie, if taps are left running, if you have your sprinkler continually on, if your five Jags need daily washing, then tough!

Really?

When this is what I actually wrote:
QuoteIf you are arguing that water is a necessity for life and thus no family should be denied water on cost grounds, I agree completely.

MWWSI 2017

getevennotcross

So the Shinners supposedly defended us from Drug pushers, Loyalist Murder gangs, joy riders and anti social elements etc, but not from their own rapists.  Why was the IRA rapist not shot in the back of the head and dumped in a field??  Hypocrites all, of the highest order.  Sinn Fein = Ourselves Alone - General Michael Collins will be turning in his grave. >:(

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on October 22, 2014, 07:31:14 PM
QuoteIf you are arguing that water is a necessity for life and thus no family should be denied water on cost grounds, I agree completely.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, but that's not going to happen, I reckon, those who can't afford will be forced to go without, or at least as close as damned to without -- they're already threatening, not just no water, but evictions to the 30,000 RAS tenants in the State if they default on their payments, for example.

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 22, 2014, 07:49:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 22, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Yes, that's what I'm saying, but that's not going to happen, I reckon, those who can't afford will be forced to go without, or at least as close as damned to without -- they're already threatening, not just no water, but evictions to the 30,000 RAS tenants in the State if they default on their payments, for example.

What is that about, who are RAS?

Your other argument is predicting the future. You may be right or wrong. Either way I don't any party scrapping the water allowances completely. It would be political suicide and opposition to that would be completely justified.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yes, there is conjecture on my part, but the neocons in Brussels, Berlin, Strasbourg (and the Dáil) do not instil confidence, not in the least.

The RAS tenants debacle