Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: give her dixie on May 16, 2014, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 16, 2014, 11:35:24 AM
http://ulsterherald.com/2014/05/16/paint-attack-on-sinn-fein-office/

Sinn Fein PR machine is flying at the minute.

Gerry last week -  Gerry this week - paint bombs last night.

SF really making the most of it.

Reminds me of the time the orangemen were burning their own halls.

Yet they fail to condemn  graffiti plastered all over West Belfast.

Have the other parties?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 01:38:48 PM

Have the other parties?

Ah the good old whataboutery! If there is graffiti surely it should be possible to condemn it without reference to what anyone else does.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: armaghniac on May 16, 2014, 02:26:49 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 01:38:48 PM

Have the other parties?

Ah the good old whataboutery! If there is graffiti surely it should be possible to condemn it without reference to what anyone else does.

Call it whataboutry if you want. I tend to look at it as highlighting hypocrisy. Depends on your viewpoint.

give her dixie

Tommy Gorman, one of the interviewees for the Boston College Project, had this letter in todays Irish News

Some years ago, I was asked to take part in a project which, it was hoped, would help enhance understanding of the decades of political bloodletting that blighted our land and people.

I felt the plan to construct the archive by getting the thoughts and experiences of former combatants, and to examine the factors that led to people like us deciding to risk all in pursuance of our differing causes, would be valuable and instructive to future generations who may want to know what it was all about and hopefully help ensure it doesn't happen again.

And with eyes wide open and no hesitation I offered to help in any way I could.

I did the interviews in which I tried to describe the feeling of the community and the mood within the republican movement when the conflict was at different stages as well the prison struggle.

I didn't speak of any other volunteers just as I didn't expect them to speak of me. They were, after all, personal reminiscences from a very bloody period in our history.

Unfortunately, those at Boston College have not lived up to declarations made at the onset of the project in regards to confidentiality and assurances that the archive would remain secure from any external snooping.

The resulting media frenzy has allowed Shinner spinners and semi-literate graffitists to go into overdrive in attacking those of us among the many interviewees who don't agree that what is being peddled by Sinn Fein as 'the great leap forward' is anything of the sort.

In socio-economic, constitutional and inter-community development the opposite is true.

With the recent exposure of  post-ceasefire gunrunning by those 'fully committed to the peace process and support for the PSNI' we all should be dubious as to any excuse offered as to why, in this period of peace, there is a need for guns that are untraceable with no history or connection to any person or group.

One thing is sure: there is no way they are to be turned on the old enemy.

In all of our actions we must always strive to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable by refusing to be silenced
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

trueblue1234

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 01:34:49 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 16, 2014, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 08:22:48 AM
Dixie, no harm you keep quoting the Dolours Price allegations as if they're proof of Gerry being involved. Had it been the other way about you would be clamering for evidence. You can't have it both ways.

The point I am making is simple.

Woman says Gerry was involved in murders. Gerry says he can't afford to go to court.

Woman says Gerry spoke to a policeman. Gerry hires in the worlds top libel lawyer.

And my point is that your point is nonsense. AQMP has already explained why.

I'll ask a simple question, Do you believe every allegation you hear about anyone if that person doesn't challenge it in Court?

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2014, 10:09:42 PM
Gerry is above that,he would never take a former comrade to court esp if they have problems.He rose above all that when he visited the Dark on his death bed and carried his coffin.
Would he have to take former comrades to court? Is the current threat of legal action not against the newspapers?

Nally Stand

Quote from: give her dixie on May 16, 2014, 02:53:55 PM
Tommy Gorman, one of the interviewees for the Boston College Project, had this letter in todays Irish News

Some years ago, I was asked to take part in a project which, it was hoped, would help enhance understanding of the decades of political bloodletting that blighted our land and people.

I felt the plan to construct the archive by getting the thoughts and experiences of former combatants, and to examine the factors that led to people like us deciding to risk all in pursuance of our differing causes, would be valuable and instructive to future generations who may want to know what it was all about and hopefully help ensure it doesn't happen again.

I did the interviews in which I tried to describe the feeling of the community and the mood within the republican movement when the conflict was at different stages as well the prison struggle.

I didn't speak of any other volunteers just as I didn't expect them to speak of me. They were, after all, personal reminiscences from a very bloody period in our history.

Unfortunately, those at Boston College have not lived up to declarations made at the onset of the project in regards to confidentiality and assurances that the archive would remain secure from any external snooping.

The resulting media frenzy has allowed Shinner spinners and semi-literate graffitists to go into overdrive in attacking those of us among the many interviewees who don't agree that what is being peddled by Sinn Fein as 'the great leap forward' is anything of the sort.

In socio-economic, constitutional and inter-community development the opposite is true.

With the recent exposure of  post-ceasefire gunrunning by those 'fully committed to the peace process and support for the PSNI' we all should be dubious as to any excuse offered as to why, in this period of peace, there is a need for guns that are untraceable with no history or connection to any person or group.

In all of our actions we must always strive to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable by refusing to be silenced

Further evidence, as if it were needed, that the only ones allowed to participate in this "history project" were people with a grudge against Sinn Féin. It's laughable at this stage!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 16, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Further evidence, as if it were needed, that the only ones allowed to participate in this "history project" were people with a grudge against Sinn Féin. It's laughable at this stage!
It's hardly definitive. Neither you nor I know exactly who was interviewed, or indeed who declined to be interviewed.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/gerry-adams-and-his-slow-removal-from-sinn-fein-2014-election-leaflets/
Wishful thinking taken to extreme levels there!! He hasn't gone away you know and here's hoping he won't for quite some time. And one thing's for sure, it won't be as a result of links like that when he does step down :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2014, 04:55:57 PM

It's hardly definitive. Neither you nor I know exactly who was interviewed, or indeed who declined to be interviewed.
Indeed but it's "further evidence" as I said. We don't know everyone who took part but all those we do know the identities of (particpants and organisers) have, to a man, got that one key think in common.

http://www.judecollins.com/2014/03/research-boston-college-tapes/

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 16, 2014, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/gerry-adams-and-his-slow-removal-from-sinn-fein-2014-election-leaflets/
Wishful thinking taken to extreme levels there!! He hasn't gone away you know and here's hoping he won't for quite some time. And one thing's for sure, it won't be as a result of links like that when he does step down :D
The leaflets are what they are - interpret them as you wish.

As it happens, with Adams clarifying the party's support for the police on his release, and his reported direction to remove the mural this week, it might well be the case that he has better political judgement than those in charge in his absence.

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 16, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Indeed but it's "further evidence" as I said. We don't know everyone who took part but all those we do know the identities of (particpants and organisers) have, to a man, got that one key think in common.

It's only further evidence of another anti SF contributor, nothing more.

There's no evidence that only people with such views were allowed to contribute. And not that you'll give it much credence, but those behind the project say two strong SF supporters gave interviews to the project.

There's also nothing to indicate that anyone was denied the opportunity to contribute - surely we'd have heard if that was the case. Therefore your claim that the "only ones allowed" to contribute... has no basis whatsoever.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 16, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 16, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

It's only further evidence of another anti SF contributor, nothing more.

There's no evidence that only people with such views were allowed to contribute. And not that you'll give it much credence, but those behind the project say two strong SF supporters gave interviews to the project.

There's also nothing to indicate that anyone was denied the opportunity to contribute - surely we'd have heard if that was the case. Therefore your claim that the "only ones allowed" to contribute... has no basis whatsoever.
I said "evidence" of. Easy to claim that two "pro-SF" people contributed when it's confidential! But again,  to a man, everyone we do know to be associated with the project held the same particular grudge. Could be a coincidence of course, but going on what we DO know, I think that's not bloody likely.