Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

The stoops are going to have to amalgamate with the Alliance party and the UUP to survive the next election. Sad for them really as Hume was a decent chap. Not that Austin currie though. a complete tool.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Saffrongael

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 07, 2014, 01:04:54 AM
http://youtu.be/pYjpu8JUUbE
Big crowd and an interesting speech from Gerry Adams.

Did they bus them in again, like at the rally on Saturday?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

deiseach

Quote from: foxcommander on May 07, 2014, 04:42:27 AM
The stoops are going to have to amalgamate with the Alliance party and the UUP to survive the next election. Sad for them really as Hume was a decent chap. Not that Austin currie though. a complete tool.

His family heard you. Look at the face of the chiseller on the left, you brute!

AQMP

Quote from: glens abu on May 06, 2014, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 06, 2014, 04:24:33 PM
Moloney and McIntyre...is this turning into a fiasco for them?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/boston-college-history-department-distances-itself-from-tapes-1.1785452

The history department at Boston College in the US has disowned the archive which it is believed was central to the arrest of Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams last Wednesday.  It has said that the archive, known as the Belfast Project, "is not and never was a Boston College History Department project".  In an open letter signed by each of the past five professors and chairs of the history department at the college since 1997, up to and including the present incumbent Prof Robin Fleming, it acknowledges however that "the project was funded by Boston College" but takes exception to media references to it as a project of "BC historians" and "BC professors." That, it states, "is fundamentally inaccurate."  It points out that "the interviews that make up the archive were conducted by former members of the paramilitary organisations who were hired by the journalist Ed Moloney.  Neither the interviewers, Anthony McIntyre and Wilson McArthur, nor Mr Moloney were employed in or by the History Department at Boston College.  They were subcontracted to do the job by people acting outside the department and without the involvement of the department."  The subcontracting was done "by the director of the Burns Library, never a member of the history department, and the director of the Center for Irish Programs who, while a member of the department, was acting in his own administrative capacity".  It adds that "in fact, most members of the history faculty were unaware of the existence of the project until publication of Moloney's book - Voices from the Grave - in 2010. Successive department chairs had not been informed of the project, nor had the department been consulted on the merits of the effort or the appropriate procedures to be followed in carrying out such a fraught and potentially controversial venture."  The letter is signed by all five: Prof Fleming, his predecessor Prof James Cronin, his predecessor Prof Marilynn Johnson, her predecessor Prof Alan Rogers and his predecessor Prof Peter Weiler.

great to see the mess they have got themselves into.This man McIntyre who Give Her Dixie quotes all the time to attack SF is paid £100k to get people to tell lies and tout on former friends and comrades to try and discredit SF and Adams.He worked for McFeely in the Priory Hall project that left scores of people homeless with big debts and even one person taken his own life he was so depressed.The Brits and their fellow travellers will stoop as low as they can to attack Republicans but I have a message for you Dixie it's not working, people are see you all for what you are.Enjoy May the 25th when the results are in. :-[ :-[

Edit:

Two interesting points to come out of the Spotlight Programme last night.  First, Ed Moloney confirmed that his contract with Boston College/The Burns Library stated that though they would try to ensure anonymity and confidentiality for interviewees, ultimately the project was subject to USA law.  So in essence he knew that anonymity or confidentiality could not be guaranteed 100%.

Second, Anthony McIntyre confirmed that he (McIntyre) is one of the interviewees on tape.

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 07, 2014, 08:18:27 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 07, 2014, 01:04:54 AM
http://youtu.be/pYjpu8JUUbE
Big crowd and an interesting speech from Gerry Adams.

Did they bus them in again, like at the rally on Saturday?

Dont be a dick all your days of course they used buses as it was a 6 county Euro election rally,did you expect them to walk for Derry,Tyrone etc.

Hound

Fair play to lynchbhoy. I've seen and heard many people deny Adams was a member of the IRA, but he's the first one who comes across as 100% believing it himself!

orangeman

Another man rearrested today in the Antrim suite.

OakleafCounty

The man arrested is 56 meaning he was 14 in 1972. How could a 14 year old have been involved?

AQMP

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 07, 2014, 11:55:17 AM
The man arrested is 56 meaning he was 14 in 1972. How could a 14 year old have been involved?

If you saw Spotlight last night it contained a short piece by Darragh McIntyre in which he stated that it is thought that many of those involved in the actual abduction of Jean McConville were teenagers.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: AQMP on May 07, 2014, 11:59:56 AM

If you saw Spotlight last night it contained a short piece by Darragh McIntyre in which he stated that it is thought that many of those involved in the actual abduction of Jean McConville were teenagers.

I seen it but 14 is still a child. I imagined him to have been reffering to 16 (at the youngest) - 19 year olds. Was the people who gave orders so bad that they sent children to abduct people?! How dirty can you get!

glens abu

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 07, 2014, 12:07:44 PM

I seen it but 14 is still a child. I imagined him to have been reffering to 16 (at the youngest) - 19 year olds. Was the people who gave orders so bad that they sent children to abduct people?! How dirty can you get!

The Dark was OC of D company and would have only been 24 at the time,Dolours Price who would also have been senior in that area was only 20 years old and a year older when she was arrested in England.They were bad times and very young men and women involved,so yes I would say some Fianna members could well have been involved in taking Mrs McConville away for interrogation.You need to read your history books and will find out that youth have been involved in struggles and wars all over the world just need to visit Flanders fields and you will get your eyes opened.War is not a very pleasent thing.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: glens abu on May 07, 2014, 12:43:14 PM

The Dark was OC of D company and would have only been 24 at the time,Dolours Price who would also have been senior in that area was only 20 years old and a year older when she was arrested in England.They were bad times and very young men and women involved,so yes I would say some Fianna members could well have been involved in taking Mrs McConville away for interrogation.You need to read your history books and will find out that youth have been involved in struggles and wars all over the world just need to visit Flanders fields and you will get your eyes opened.War is not a very pleasent thing.

What happened to Mrs McConville wasn't war. It was murder. Brenden Hughes and Marion Price were young adults but still adults. More than old enough to know what they were doing. At 14 you are still a child and unable to make rational decisions like an adult. Whatever dirty people allowed and sent 14 year old(s) to carry out such an act should burn in hell if there is a hell. It's child abuse!

muppet

I am still convinced this is all part of a careful choreography.

It could be that the PSNI decided to plough ahead with the investigation into this particular murder. They would be entitled to do this, but if they ignored other other murders of the troubles they would leave themselves open to serious criticism and undermine their credibility.

It could be that Adams decided to react to the pressure from the Boston tapes and to call everyone's bluff, as he might see it, or that he has done a deal at some level and he will settle with a minor charge and move on.

It could also be that this is part of a bigger play, for example we don't know too much about the Haas talks but if the Unionists had pulled the plug citing this issue as the biggest reason not to do a deal, then that argument might fade away shortly. This could bring an overall deal to address the past back on the agenda.

I am hoping the last suggestion is the one or something along similar lines.
MWWSI 2017

glens abu

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 07, 2014, 01:06:50 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 07, 2014, 12:43:14 PM

What happened to Mrs McConville wasn't war. It was murder. Brenden Hughes and Marion Price were young adults but still adults. More than old enough to know what they were doing. At 14 you are still a child and unable to make rational decisions like an adult. Whatever dirty people allowed and sent 14 year old(s) to carry out such an act should burn in hell if there is a hell. It's child abuse!

Well it was a war as far as I am concerned,but yes you are 100% right to was horrendous what happened to Jean McConville and don't think anyone could even attempt to justify it.All I was saying is that young people got caught up in the middle of a terrible situation that was Belfast in the early 70's,many were jailed,many killed or injured and many did things that were awful and I am sure they live with it everyday.Thank God for people like Gerry Adams who have brought us away from this and I hope,pray and work that my grandchildren never have to live through times like that again.That is one of the reasons I work most nights for SF either in elections or on interfaces or this young people in different projects to keep them off the streets and let them mix with children from different backgrounds.

Nally Stand

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 07, 2014, 01:06:50 PM
Whatever dirty people allowed and sent 14 year old(s) to carry out such an act should burn in hell if there is a hell. It's child abuse!
You've decided it to be fact then? Guilty until proven innocent?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore