Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The Orange Order want Gerry dead. Surely the Reverend might also get a wee spin to the Antrim suite about this ?

The grand chaplain of the Orange Order has declined to be interviewed after he made public remarks about a "memorial" to the Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams.

The Reverend Mervyn Gibson told a Belfast rally: "I see they've painted a new mural to him on the Falls Road. Sadly, it's not a memorial mural."

orangeman

The MC Cain oven chips would have been nice when he got home.

Asked what it was like spending the time in custody he said: "It was okay." He added that over the four nights and five days police did 33 taped interviews with him. He said the food was "uneatable".

AQMP

Quote from: orangeman on May 05, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
The Orange Order want Gerry dead. Surely the Reverend might also get a wee spin to the Antrim suite about this ?

The grand chaplain of the Orange Order has declined to be interviewed after he made public remarks about a "memorial" to the Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams.

The Reverend Mervyn Gibson told a Belfast rally: "I see they've painted a new mural to him on the Falls Road. Sadly, it's not a memorial mural."

That's the Rev Mervyn Gibson former member of the RUC (member of the dark side)

orangeman

I'm not having go at SF here but here's the definition of a cabal which is the much used word to describe the dark side of the Police :

Cabal

a small group of secret plotters, as against a government or person in authority.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 05, 2014, 09:45:29 AM
I've never been a SF voter in my life, but I was thinking of giving my first preference to them this time around...This past week has changed my mind.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 13, 2013, 05:08:51 PM
SF and the IRA are a bunch of w**kers. Most of the island believes that to be the case.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 12, 2013, 08:27:32 PM
Irishmen and women will never allow republicans to take ownership of this country. The sight of Kelly walking down the road with a bunch of clowns dressed in dark sunglasses and berets, was a reminder of just why the man is unfit to run a bath, never mind a country. One day northern unionists will cotton on to the fact that the best way of sidelining w**kers like Adams and Kelly is to have an all Ireland parliament based in Dublin.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 04, 2013, 07:13:19 PM
What I find most sickening is that this arch bigot is being facilitated in his efforts to reintroduce gerrymandering in a different guise by the cooperation of Sinn Fein.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 11, 2010, 10:21:37 PM
Why Sinn Fein Are A Bunch of Hypocrites

1. Under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement, SF recognised and signed up to what they had previously derided as the 'unionist veto'. It was rebranded as the consent of the people of the north to spare their blushes. As an SDLP supporter I've always supported the consent principle. Republicans used to brand people like me as subservient for doing so.

2. Under the same Agreement, SF agreed to enter the Stormont Assembly and take part in the administration of British Rule in Ireland. Indeed, their burning ambition now is to hold the post of First Minister in this Assembly. As an SDLP supporter I've no problem with a local Assembly. However, republicans used to brand people like me as west Brits for holding such a view.

3. SF supported the right of every Irishman and woman to take up arms against the British 'occupation'. 'Ireland unfree will never be at peace', etc etc. SF now consider the so called republicans dissidents as 'traitors' to Ireland for doing so. Only Gerry and Marty, apparently, have the right to declare war.

4. SF preach equality for all and the rights of women, yet they deny justice to women who've been abused or raped by leading republicans.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 04, 2013, 06:23:11 PM
It's about the Shinners trying to rewrite history by seeking to normalise the deeds and atrocities carried out by the IRA.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 04, 2011, 06:00:35 PM
republicans are trying to rewrite history and steal the laurels that rightly belong to others. Shameful, but typical.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 07, 2010, 07:42:53 PM
I'm only interested in impartial sources, not propaganda crap from the Shinners.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 17, 2011, 10:36:38 PM
Let's find out exactly what part Gerry Adams played in the abduction and murder of a mother of 10.
(Questioned, and released without charge)

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 15, 2011, 10:21:33 PM
typical Shinner shite, to be honest.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2014, 12:20:54 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 05, 2014, 12:12:55 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2014, 12:06:24 AM
If anyone thinks headlines like "I am innocent of murder" play well you are swallowing too much Tullamore Dew. I don't know how 'measured' could be applied to such a stunning situation. Ould Gery still moaned about being treated poorly as if being implicated in a murder didn't warrant the most thorough investigation possible.

The hypocrisy of Sinn Fein is what is being broadcast to Ireland as a whole and Enda, Martin and everyone else in the Dail will have had a very happy weekend.
The only people who will give a rats ass are people like yourself who didn't like him before the arrest anyway. And I don't think the headlines well be "I am innocent of murder". More likely to be "Adams released without charge". But of course if you have information,  I'm sure you'll be passing it on to the cops?

If you don't think the floating voters - in other words the very voters who were buoying Sinn Fein's record poll ratings a week ago - don't care then you're a fantasist.

I know he's 'your guy' (as a SF supporter) but the fact is he isn't anyone else's and they have no great attachment to him or his party and things as public as a four day arrest over a murder of a woman are certainly going to effect the party's perception outside of die-hard Republican communities. Far lesser issues sunk Sean Gallagher.

It feels like some SF supporters (and the big hats themselves) are trying to play a PR game when there really is no way for this not to be damaging.
So floating voters may be turned off voting SF due to Adams being released without charge? Is it just the fact that there was accusations of a link between Adams and the IRA? Had they never heard such accusations like that before? The only people who will be put off by Adams getting released without charge are those like your good self and our bullshitting friend myles, who never liked SF/Adams anyway, and who probably spent the past five days peeing themselves in gleeful anticipation of Adams being charged.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AQMP on May 05, 2014, 10:03:28 AM
BBC reporting that the PPS will be looking at charges of IRA membership against Adams not the McConville murder.
If true then this proves the whole episode/charade was to try and get at/do and discredit Adams so he'd have to go
Long term that would only help sf IMO
So this must be the last efforts of Adams former ruc/Securocrat enemies still pulling the strings in psni/civil service/dept of security etc

If I was Adams I'd be a tad worried here.
There is no way they can fit him up on charges for mcconville case as it is too serious
That kite could never fly.

However, I'd think they might feel they could get away with charging him with membership -as most gullible people already think he was in it.
So all they need is a few informers to collude and gerrys word I'd fecked.
Under gfa he can no longer be done - but this charge would give northern and southern political enemies so much muck to throw that Adams really would have to stand aside!

Let's face it, membership is most def not a problem for McGuinness.
He is lauded as a statesman now and prob will be our next president.
Adams told the truth that he hadn't the guys to actually be in the IRA- though grew up, was friendly with and was trusted by the various IRA leaders in Belfast - who saw that he was a better talker and politician than they , so entrusted the political side and business with him.

Now if Adams is 'fitted up' he has to leave politics ( IMO) - which is the goal of this whole exercise I reckon!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 05, 2014, 12:30:58 PM
If anyone thinks headlines like "I am innocent of murder" play well you are swallowing too much Tullamore Dew. I don't know how 'measured' could be applied to such a stunning situation. Ould Gery still moaned about being treated poorly as if being implicated in a murder didn't warrant the most thorough investigation possible.

The hypocrisy of Sinn Fein is what is being broadcast to Ireland as a whole and Enda, Martin and everyone else in the Dail will have had a very happy weekend.
The only people who will give a rats ass are people like yourself who didn't like him before the arrest anyway. And I don't think the headlines well be "I am innocent of murder". More likely to be "Adams released without charge". But of course if you have information,  I'm sure you'll be passing it on to the cops?

If you don't think the floating voters - in other words the very voters who were buoying Sinn Fein's record poll ratings a week ago - don't care then you're a fantasist.

I know he's 'your guy' (as a SF supporter) but the fact is he isn't anyone else's and they have no great attachment to him or his party and things as public as a four day arrest over a murder of a woman are certainly going to effect the party's perception outside of die-hard Republican communities. Far lesser issues sunk Sean Gallagher.

It feels like some SF supporters (and the big hats themselves) are trying to play a PR game when there really is no way for this not to be damaging.
So floating voters may be turned off voting SF due to Adams being released without charge? Is it just the fact that there was accusations of a link between Adams and the IRA? Had they never heard such accusations like that before? The only people who will be put off by Adams getting released without charge are those like your good self and our bullshitting friend myles, who never liked SF/Adams anyway, and who probably spent the past five days peeing themselves in gleeful anticipation of Adams being charged.
I said in an earlier post that SF wouldn't lose any floaters because Adams had been arrested (whether he was charged or not), but because of the reaction of the party to that arrest. McGuinness did a very good impression all week of a man peeing himself, to use your own phrase, and Mary Lou weighed in behind with a bit of panty-wetting just to show solidarity. I thought as a party they were showing signs of change in recent times, showing greater maturity and a willingness to take risks to reach out beyond their traditional support. The way they've thrown their toys out of the pram this week shows that not to be the case.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 05, 2014, 01:15:13 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 05, 2014, 12:30:58 PM

I said in an earlier post that SF wouldn't lose any floaters because Adams had been arrested (whether he was charged or not), but because of the reaction of the party to that arrest. McGuinness did a very good impression all week of a man peeing himself, to use your own phrase, and Mary Lou weighed in behind with a bit of panty-wetting just to show solidarity. I thought as a party they were showing signs of change in recent times, showing greater maturity and a willingness to take risks to reach out beyond their traditional support. The way they've thrown their toys out of the pram this week shows that not to be the case.

Bullshit, once again. So conveniently you were going to vote for them "until the events of this week", despite your repeated terming them as "w**kers" who are "unfit to run the country" across this board. Tell me, what was it that swung you from calling them
Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 05, 2013, 07:37:27 PM
w**kers with a capital W.
in December, to the point of wanting to vote for them by May?

Syferus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 05, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
BBC reporting that the PPS will be looking at charges of IRA membership against Adams not the McConville murder.
If true then this proves the whole episode/charade was to try and get at/do and discredit Adams so he'd have to go
So this must be the last efforts of Adams former ruc/Securocrat enemies still pulling the strings in psni/civil service/dept of security etc

There is no way they can fit him up on charges for mcconville case as it is too serious

However, I'd think they might feel they could get away with charging him with membership -as most gullible people already think he was in it.
Under gfa he can no longer be done - but this charge would give northern and southern political enemies so much muck to throw that Adams really would have to stand aside!

Adams told the truth that he hadn't the guys to actually be in the IRA- though grew up, was friendly with and was trusted by the various IRA leaders in Belfast - who saw that he was a better talker and politician than they , so entrusted the political side and business with him.

Now if Adams is 'fitted up' he has to leave politics ( IMO) - which is the goal of this whole exercise I reckon!

It's pretty obvious he was a member of the IRA.

glens abu

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

Adams told the truth that he hadn't the guys to actually be in the IRA- though grew up, was friendly with and was trusted by the various IRA leaders in Belfast - who saw that he was a better talker and politician than they , so entrusted the political side and business with him. ;

It's pretty obvious

he was a member of the IRA.

>:( ;D >:( ;Dyour chums cannot prove that after 50 years but you say it is obvious, your are some dickhead :-[ :-[

Main Street

LB, I wouldn't read anything into the that BBC report. There's some attempt to make it sound as if there were grounds to arrest and interrogate Adams for 4 days, on the basis of evidence that can never be substantiated in court, from people who were his sworn enemies.
That was never going to fly as you say but then they tag on the possibility of some other membership charge, which will never fly either.
They don't have anything after the 4 days, they never had anything to begin with, they never had enough for an arrest of a person who was willing to be interviewed, but are making it sound as if they have something and now all those somethings have to be considered by great prosecutorial legal minds. The great legal minds will have to consider the 30 year old picture of Adams in shades and beret marching down a Belfast street etc.  the result of 4 days interrogation - an open source picture , as evidence that our Gerry was in the IRA.
This is an embarrassing episode for them, a crude and blatant abuse of legal procedure for some political purpose but there appears to be plenty of scribes willing to give an aura of rationality to the whole affair  (in effect, to put some clothes on the emperor), downplay any rational scrutiny of just cause and mock criticism of the arrest.

Adams was in good form at the press conference. The only winners out of all this will be Sinn Fein, their opponents just keep shooting themselves in the feet.

AQMP

A few random musings on the events of the past week:

When deciding on a prosecution the PPS must not only take into account the likelihood of a conviction but also whether the prosecution is "necessary" and in the "public interest" (whatever that is).  It remains to be seen whether Pamela Atchison regards it as "necessary" to charge Adams with being a member of the IRA 30-40 years ago.  Bear in mind that last week Teresa Villiers decided that inquiries into Ballymurphy and La Mon would not be in the public interest.

Or could the PSNI be playing the "long game" here?  To link Adams to the McConville murder the PSNI must show he was a senior IRA member as he would have to have the authority to order the killing.  Were he convicted of IRA membership that link would be partially made and they could start again with the McConville case.

I wonder if this all might deter others from coming forward with info on the past?  Certainly I doubt whether we'll see another oral history project like the one in Boston College for a while!  I mean, how naïve were Moloney, McIntyre and Bew to say nothing of the interviewees!

If we're to believe the line of questioning that the PSNI took with Adams, I hope the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim has plenty of accommodation as it could be bursting at the seams in a few weeks!

It was interesting to hear Peter Hain on the radio declare that the "Adams Precedent" could lead to former members of the Security Forces being arrested.

And what of the elections?  SF will probably lose a few votes in the South but in the North this could galvanise SF supporters to get out and vote.  In 2009 Bairbre DeBrun polled just over 126,000 first preferences.  I had expected this to go down given that most people don't give a feck about the Euro elections, but it will be interesting to see how Martina Anderson performs.  She's a high profile candidate, more media friendly than DeBrun albeit she has a "military" past.  A strong showing by Anderson could spill over into increased Council representation as those elections take place at the same time.

Orior

That is bizarre. How can they chase people for IRA membership whenit has been disbanded?

Also British paramilitaries control parts of east Belfast, the police know who they are, but that is okay?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians