Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2014, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 07:38:14 PM
well there is no decent sf candidate in my constituency
im tempted to vote ff but their candidates are no better

independents are ok if you have the likes of a healey-rae blackmailing the gov into getting things for their area etc

funnily enough sf have come a long way right from their initial far left position in the 80's.

id have to be convinced that sf wont fcuk up workers with reasonable incomes as right now we are paying most of the taxes in the state and im afraid that the dole scroungers  and supposed 'poor' people (who get more in benefits than most just above avg industrial wage) will be getting more and we would be getting even less if sf get in...
ive yet to be fully convinced.

theres a few sf candidates in areas who shouldn't be let near the dail

one last thing
ming needs to stop smoking blow and campaign to get th roads in Roscommon improved.
driving to castlebar or Sligo you see the worst roads in Ireland are in Roscommon!
Spot on. Same would apply north and south. Economic policy has to extend to more than showing people how to fill in another claim/grant/bru form. I don't think the shinners are aware there is a private sector economy.

What makes you think that,SF have plenty of members who work in the private sector I myself manager a small company in Lisburn.

I thought SDLP used to be sneered at for being the "school teacher, Doctor, lawyer party" or something along those line and SF represented more of the working classes. SF have always been a self-proclaimed working class party and that has/is alienating people in the middle class. Using yourself as an example is misleading, you're one man in a large volume of people. I seen the lad protesting outside the barracks where Gerry is and he would fit into the demographic lynchboy is talking about quite well.

I'll put it to you this way, if the Shinners came to power would they favour the needs of small company managers like yourself or would they focus more on the families claiming benefits?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2014, 08:44:10 PM
ming needs to stop smoking blow and campaign to get th roads in Roscommon improved.
driving to castlebar or Sligo you see the worst roads in Ireland are in Roscommon!
The N4 through ros is quite good.
The N5 is a disaster alright but it's on  a list somewhere for major improvement.
Anyway it doesn't matter who you elect this year as Councillors have no proper clout and the 11 MEPs are about 2 or 3% of the total.
I'm voting Ming 1, Harkin 2 for Europe and not sure what I'll do for the Council.

Surely you're a Nigel man?

There are 3 Constituencies - he's only in one of them so maybe I can't vote for him ;)
After today he'll have to work for his votes :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Saffrongael

Quote from: trileacman on May 03, 2014, 09:55:46 PM

independents are ok if you have the likes of a healey-rae blackmailing the gov into getting things for their area etc

funnily enough sf have come a long way right from their initial far left position in the 80's.

id have to be convinced that sf wont fcuk up workers with reasonable incomes as right now we are paying most of the taxes in the state and im afraid that the dole scroungers  and supposed 'poor' people (who get more in benefits than most just above avg industrial wage) will be getting more and we would be getting even less if sf get in...

one last thing
Spot on. Same would apply north and south. Economic policy has to extend to more than showing people how to fill in another claim/grant/bru form. I don't think the shinners are aware there is a private sector economy.

What makes you think that,SF have plenty of members who work in the private sector I myself manager a small company in Lisburn.

I thought SDLP used to be sneered at for being the "school teacher, Doctor, lawyer party" or something along those line and SF represented more of the working classes. SF have always been a self-proclaimed working class party and that has/is alienating people in the middle class. Using yourself as an example is misleading, you're one man in a large volume of people. I seen the lad protesting outside the barracks where Gerry is and he would fit into the demographic lynchboy is talking about quite well.

I'll put it to you this way, if the Shinners came to power would they favour the needs of small company managers like yourself or would they focus more on the families claiming benefits?

Well they are blocking welfare reform but have voted through "tory cuts" in the form of increased pension contributions for public service workers. Trying to ride two horses as usual.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

one last thing

I never said I was a Doctor,school teacher,or a lawyer so don't know what you are trying to sAy but however I would like to think SF will look after all sectors including small business.A party that believes in equality  will make sure those on benefits and the working class will benefit from an Ireland of equals.The problem at present in this Ireland is it's the multi nationals,big business and bankers who benefit and the rest suffer.

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 03, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

one last thing

Well they are blocking welfare reform but have voted through "tory cuts" in the form of increased pension contributions for public service workers. Trying to ride two horses as usual.

Well go and get Dee or Sammy to sort that out for you when they get elected. ;DNot

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 10:10:17 PM

one last thing

Well go and get Dee or Sammy to sort that out for you when they get elected. ;DNot

Dee or Sammy who ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 03, 2014, 10:13:29 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 10:10:17 PM

one last thing

Dee or Sammy who ?

;D ;D ;D grow a pair

armaghniac

Sinn Féin's entire concern is with giving money to people from other people, not economic arrangements that would allow people earn their own keep. As as for arrogance and listening to people, this is an organisation that claimed for years that they knew better than 90% of Irish people.

QuoteA party that believes in equality  will make sure those on benefits and the working class will benefit from an Ireland of equals.The problem at present in this Ireland is it's the multi nationals,big business and bankers who benefit and the rest suffer.

The Republic of Ireland has one of the most progressive tax systems in Europe and relatively generous benefits which go on indefinitely. Granted the bankers get away with a lot of shit, but you have to have an actual plan to deal with them, not repaying deposits might be an attractive solution to the classes who drink their income, but it would wreck the economy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

glens abu

Quote from: armaghniac on May 03, 2014, 10:16:43 PM
Sinn Féin's entire concern is with giving money to people from other people, not economic arrangements that would allow people earn their own keep. As as for arrogance and listening to people, this is an organisation that claimed for years that they knew better than 90% of Irish people.

QuoteA party that believes in equality  will make sure those on benefits and the working class will benefit from an Ireland of equals.The problem at present in this Ireland is it's the multi nationals,big business and bankers who benefit and the rest suffer.

The Republic of Ireland has one of the most progressive tax systems in Europe and relatively generous benefits which go on indefinitely. Granted the bankers get away with a lot of shit, but you have to have an actual plan to deal with them, not repaying deposits might be an attractive solution to the classes who drink their income, but it would wreck the economy.

Have you lived on benefits for any length of time?

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2014, 10:06:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2014, 08:44:10 PM
The N4 through ros is quite good.
The N5 is a disaster alright but it's on  a list somewhere for major improvement.
Anyway it doesn't matter who you elect this year as Councillors have no proper clout and the 11 MEPs are about 2 or 3% of the total.
I'm voting Ming 1, Harkin 2 for Europe and not sure what I'll do for the Council.

There are 3 Constituencies - he's only in one of them so maybe I can't vote for him ;)

He was canvassing last night sure. Did you see the van in Knockcroghery?

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 10:27:00 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]
No comment as anonymity must be maintained  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2014, 10:30:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 10:27:00 PM

[/quote]
No comment as anonymity must be maintained  ;D
[/quote]

Nigel, is that you?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 10:08:15 PM

one last thing

I never said I was a Doctor,school teacher,or a lawyer so don't know what you are trying to sAy but however I would like to think SF will look after all sectors including small business.A party that believes in equality  will make sure those on benefits and the working class will benefit from an Ireland of equals.The problem at present in this Ireland is it's the multi nationals,big business and bankers who benefit and the rest suffer.
Multinationals and big business employ tens of thousands of people in Ireland. They aren't perfect but big business is more sustainable and puts more back into the economy than carving Long Kesh souvenirs in some PEACE funded office up the Falls or worse than that, ignoring (and arguably perpetuating) the benefits culture in W. Belfast etc. All businesses need focus, from the self-employed to large multinational and everything in between, including encouraging the unemployed that employment is a more viable long-term option than the dole.

glens abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2014, 11:12:39 PM

one last thing

Multinationals and big business employ tens of thousands of people in Ireland. They aren't perfect but big business is more sustainable and puts more back into the economy than carving Long Kesh souvenirs in some PEACE funded office up the Falls or worse than that, ignoring (and arguably perpetuating) the benefits culture in W. Belfast etc. All businesses need focus, from the self-employed to large multinational and everything in between, including encouraging the unemployed that employment is a more viable long-term option than the dole.

Tony I never said there wasn't a place for multinationals all I was saying is they shouldn't have a special place,they need to pay the right taxes and I know they are important regarding employment.It is all about equality in wages,taxes and opportunities.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 11:25:09 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2014, 11:12:39 PM

one last thing

Tony I never said there wasn't a place for multinationals all I was saying is they shouldn't have a special place,they need to pay the right taxes and I know they are important regarding employment.It is all about equality in wages,taxes and opportunities.
Fair enough. The do get an easy ride in the south which if you believe the papers is now essentially a tax exile for many of them.