Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2014, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 02:05:48 PM
I really wonder how Adams has made it this far in politics when an arrest is all that was needed to finish him.

He served time in jail before iirc.

It wasn't so much of an issue then. Ridiculously nowadays, to be seen to be hiding the truth could be more damaging than anything he may or may not have done. I know how daft that sounds.
What truth would that be muppet?

I didn't say he was hiding the truth, just if there were a perception that he were hiding something.

This is politics. As LBJ is supposed to have said: "I just want to hear him deny it."
MWWSI 2017

glens abu

Oops Shinners still riding high in latest opinion poll,will have to arrest Marty,Pearse and Mary Lou. :-[ :-[

muppet

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 06:24:26 PM
Oops Shinners still riding high in latest opinion poll,will have to arrest Marty,Pearse and Mary Lou. :-[ :-[

Deal!  ;)
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2014, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2014, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 02:05:48 PM
I really wonder how Adams has made it this far in politics when an arrest is all that was needed to finish him.

He served time in jail before iirc.

It wasn't so much of an issue then. Ridiculously nowadays, to be seen to be hiding the truth could be more damaging than anything he may or may not have done. I know how daft that sounds.
What truth would that be muppet?

I didn't say he was hiding the truth, just if there were a perception that he were hiding something.

This is politics. As LBJ is supposed to have said: "I just want to hear him deny it."
as far as I was aware, adams has denied being member of IRA and being anything to do with mcconville case.

what more can he do

no harm to you muppet, but what you are saying is what everyone is saying and jeez, what more can he do!

im not really an adams fan but feel sorry for him as this is a bit unfair/unjust (esp when more out there actually killed and bombed and disliked adams for not being part of this years ago!!)

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 06:44:01 PM

as far as I was aware, adams has denied being member of IRA and being anything to do with mcconville case.

what more can he do

no harm to you muppet, but what you are saying is what everyone is saying and jeez, what more can he do!

im not really an adams fan but feel sorry for him as this is a bit unfair/unjust (esp when more out there actually killed and bombed and disliked adams for not being part of this years ago!!)

I understand. It actually doesn't carry any weight when Kenny, Martin or Gilmore say it. No one really trusts politicians in the South and how would they know what went on in the IRA anyway?

Some of the links posted on this thread quoting former colleagues making specific allegations against Adams look different, but then I honestly wouldn't know either.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

what more can he do

I understand. It actually doesn't carry any weight when Kenny, Martin or Gilmore say it. No one really trusts politicians in the South and how would they know what went on in the IRA anyway?

Some of the links posted on this thread quoting former colleagues making specific allegations against Adams look different, but then I honestly wouldn't know either.
do you mean the comments Brendan hughes made?
if so read again - he doesn't mention adams!!

wouldn't believe any politicians but the schoolboy antics and jibes in the dail sicken me- on all topics not just sf etc

eg
the gov should allow Ryanair to buy aer lingus stake now (though think EU has vetoed it) after the façade of voting against Christian muellers pay rise.
then theres all the bankers getting off, farse of a banking tribunal and don't get me started on shatter and his false economies of the legal services bill which will end up costing the consumer more in legal fees rather than less just because he wants to stick it to barristers!!

sf haven't pssed me completely off yet, but ff, lab and fg have

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 07:05:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

what more can he do

do you mean the comments Brendan hughes made?
if so read again - he doesn't mention adams!!

wouldn't believe any politicians but the schoolboy antics and jibes in the dail sicken me- on all topics not just sf etc

eg
the gov should allow Ryanair to buy aer lingus stake now (though think EU has vetoed it) after the façade of voting against Christian muellers pay rise.
then theres all the bankers getting off, farse of a banking tribunal and don't get me started on shatter and his false economies of the legal services bill which will end up costing the consumer more in legal fees rather than less just because he wants to stick it to barristers!!

sf haven't pssed me completely off yet, but ff, lab and fg have

It wasn't Hughes. Evelyn Gilroy was quoted on this thread, for example. But again I wouldn't know who these people are or what gravitas, if any, they bring to the discussion.

I won't vote FF ever again.
I don't want to see FG or Labour anyone else re-elected again, as it just sends us down the road we went before with FF/PDs becoming so arrogant they listened to no one and destroyed the economy.
SF are the only credible alternative so I am hoping they change a couple of things. One, for me, is obviously the leader. The 2nd is I would really need them to move a bit to the right. I suspect the latter might be harder than the former. That could leave me with no serious party to vote for which is pathetic really, because I see independents as a waste of time.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

well there is no decent sf candidate in my constituency
im tempted to vote ff but their candidates are no better

independents are ok if you have the likes of a healey-rae blackmailing the gov into getting things for their area etc

funnily enough sf have come a long way right from their initial far left position in the 80's.

id have to be convinced that sf wont fcuk up workers with reasonable incomes as right now we are paying most of the taxes in the state and im afraid that the dole scroungers  and supposed 'poor' people (who get more in benefits than most just above avg industrial wage) will be getting more and we would be getting even less if sf get in...
ive yet to be fully convinced.
theres a few sf candidates in areas who shouldn't be let near the dail

one last thing
ming needs to stop smoking blow and campaign to get th roads in Roscommon improved.
driving to castlebar or Sligo you see the worst roads in Ireland are in Roscommon!

Syferus

Where have SF went from the far left!? The far, far left?

Rossfan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 03, 2014, 07:38:14 PM
ming needs to stop smoking blow and campaign to get th roads in Roscommon improved.
driving to castlebar or Sligo you see the worst roads in Ireland are in Roscommon!
The N4 through ros is quite good.
The N5 is a disaster alright but it's on  a list somewhere for major improvement.
Anyway it doesn't matter who you elect this year as Councillors have no proper clout and the 11 MEPs are about 2 or 3% of the total.
I'm voting Ming 1, Harkin 2 for Europe and not sure what I'll do for the Council.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2014, 08:44:10 PM
The N4 through ros is quite good.
The N5 is a disaster alright but it's on  a list somewhere for major improvement.
Anyway it doesn't matter who you elect this year as Councillors have no proper clout and the 11 MEPs are about 2 or 3% of the total.
I'm voting Ming 1, Harkin 2 for Europe and not sure what I'll do for the Council.

Surely you're a Nigel man?

Beautiful new by-pass outside Ballagh taking shape right now. Positively Prenty-esque.

glens abu

independents are ok if you have the likes of a healey-rae blackmailing the gov into getting things for their area etc

funnily enough sf have come a long way right from their initial far left position in the 80's.

id have to be convinced that sf wont fcuk up workers with reasonable incomes as right now we are paying most of the taxes in the state and im afraid that the dole scroungers  and supposed 'poor' people (who get more in benefits than most just above avg industrial wage) will be getting more and we would be getting even less if sf get in...

one last thing

What is your constituency and who is the SF candidate who isn't decent?

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on May 03, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

one last thing

What is your constituency and who is the SF candidate who isn't decent?

I take it you are going to tell him his opinion is wrong ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

one last thing
Spot on. Same would apply north and south. Economic policy has to extend to more than showing people how to fill in another claim/grant/bru form. I don't think the shinners are aware there is a private sector economy.

glens abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2014, 09:22:20 PM

one last thing
Spot on. Same would apply north and south. Economic policy has to extend to more than showing people how to fill in another claim/grant/bru form. I don't think the shinners are aware there is a private sector economy.

What makes you think that,SF have plenty of members who work in the private sector I myself manager a small company in Lisburn.