Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2014, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2014, 05:21:00 PM
Sinn Fein? They have been put away, you know.
Hopefully you'll be next Syfín. ;D

I only shoot people with a telephoto lens.

orangeman

Politically motivated.

Did they not arrest Gerry Mc Geough at a polling station a while back ?.

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on May 02, 2014, 06:15:45 PM
Politically motivated.

Do they just have something against people called Gerry?

orangeman

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2014, 06:19:41 PM
Politically motivated.

Gerry Fitt got some bad stick too.

Nally Stand

Politically motivated.

Not a Gerry, but I recall Martin Ferris being arrested in the lead up to the 2002 elections.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AQMP

Politically motivated.

Aye, Gerry Kelly is sweating

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2014, 06:23:35 PM
Politically motivated.

Not a Gerry, but I recall Martin Ferris being arrested in the lead up to the 2002 elections.

I have more than a feeling that Martin is Whitier than white though.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2014, 06:28:56 PM
Politically motivated.

Wasn't there a bad man called Whitey Bugler ? He was Irish wasn't he ?.

It turned out in the end that he worked for the government.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on May 02, 2014, 06:46:29 PM
Politically motivated.

Yip the FBI agent involved was John Connelly who grew up near where Bulger grew up.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Politically motivated.

Yip the FBI agent involved was John Connelly who grew up near where Bulger grew up.

Was Whitey Bugler anything to Brendan that pucks a bit for Clare ?

trileacman

Quote from: orangeman on May 02, 2014, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Politically motivated.

Was Whitey Bugler anything to Brendan that pucks a bit for Clare ?
Aye, on their mother's side.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2014, 05:38:23 PM
Do you remember the 'Save Dave' campaign? Do you remember when the media were ready and waiting to capture carefully choreographed images of 18 RUC landrovers full of RUC men arriving to seize documents from SF's big 'spyring'? The same seized documents were later revealed to have been two CDs. One a copy of MS Word, one a copy of a SF election manifesto. Both discretely returned days later when the damage had been achieved. The high profile arrest associated with this? That of Dennis Donaldson, later revealed to have been the security force's 'man on the inside'. It was the single biggest farce of political policing in years. Everyone saw right through it. Now since when were escapades like this every easily attributed to a specifically named person. Sometimes it's just abundantly clear the motives and the various groups which stand to gain though. Like "stormontgate", most people appear to be seeing right through this latest playact. Worth remembering that this investigation's progress is based on the "Boston tapes" - recorded allegations by deceased people who can't expand on their claims and who, to a man/woman, despised Gerry Adams.

So just the pigs then? I dunno, hard to see what's in it for them. SF have been backing/congratulating the police for years now and as part of the ruling coalition, influence on the police. I mean how did this "dark side" manage to fly under the Shinner radar for so long? if you were a psni lad why risk your job, your reputation, your working relationship with your colleagues just to stick it to the Shinners?

And surely they had to get it sanctioned by the echelons too? Detective Dipshit and Constable Cop didn't just one day decide they could lift Gerry and keep him for a few days. The extension had to be signed off by the head honcho's and that so why isn't Martin laying into Matt Baggot for his role in this arrest or other senior police figures? And I thought the police service now was flooded with taigs? Surely some of the lads involved in Gerry's arrest/investigation have to be taigs, it couldn't all be Sammy and Jeffrey and Scott. I mean if a few Catholics are involved does the "proud sons of Ulster" badge still apply for this "dark side"?

I dunno, there's loads that doesn't make sense here and there's plenty we don't know yet. I don't see how this is just a spiteful act of a few Billy Boys.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2014, 07:24:16 PM
Do you remember the 'Save Dave' campaign? Do you remember when the media were ready and waiting to capture carefully choreographed images of 18 RUC landrovers full of RUC men arriving to seize documents from SF's big 'spyring'? The same seized documents were later revealed to have been two CDs. One a copy of MS Word, one a copy of a SF election manifesto. Both discretely returned days later when the damage had been achieved. The high profile arrest associated with this? That of Dennis Donaldson, later revealed to have been the security force's 'man on the inside'. It was the single biggest farce of political policing in years. Everyone saw right through it. Now since when were escapades like this every easily attributed to a specifically named person. Sometimes it's just abundantly clear the motives and the various groups which stand to gain though. Like "stormontgate", most people appear to be seeing right through this latest playact. Worth remembering that this investigation's progress is based on the "Boston tapes" - recorded allegations by deceased people who can't expand on their claims and who, to a man/woman, despised Gerry Adams.

So just the pigs then? I dunno, hard to see what's in it for them. SF have been backing/congratulating the police for years now and as part of the ruling coalition, influence on the police. I mean how did this "dark side" manage to fly under the Shinner radar for so long? if you were a psni lad why risk your job, your reputation, your working relationship with your colleagues just to stick it to the Shinners?

And surely they had to get it sanctioned by the echelons too? Detective Dipshit and Constable Cop didn't just one day decide they could lift Gerry and keep him for a few days. The extension had to be signed off by the head honcho's and that so why isn't Martin laying into Matt Baggot for his role in this arrest or other senior police figures? And I thought the police service now was flooded with taigs? Surely some of the lads involved in Gerry's arrest/investigation have to be taigs, it couldn't all be Sammy and Jeffrey and Scott. I mean if a few Catholics are involved does the "proud sons of Ulster" badge still apply for this "dark side"?

I dunno, there's loads that doesn't make sense here and there's plenty we don't know yet. I don't see how this is just a spiteful act of a few Billy Boys.

Add in the fact that Gerry went in himself. Obviously he was asked to come in and some conversation would have been had between the sides. Was he mislead? It would be the most basic trap of all time if he was.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/23706

SINN FÉIN Deputy Leader Mary Lou McDonald TD reiterates her view that Garda 'whistleblowers' must be afforded the opportunity to state their case and be questioned before the Dáil Public Accounts Committee.

Meanwhile, Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams TD has called for greater oversight and accountability of An Garda Síochána along the lines of the Patten reforms in the North.

"Sinn Féin recognises the essential role of An Garda Síochána, and the commitment that gardaí show in fulfilling their duties. A fully-resourced police service, responsive to the demands of citizens and the community, is essential.

"Recent events have raised serious questions around Garda oversight and accountability. What is required is an independent policing authority, accountable to a representative policing board, along the lines of what is now in place in the North.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on May 02, 2014, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2014, 07:27:02 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

Add in the fact that Gerry went in himself. Obviously he was asked to come in and some conversation would have been had between the sides. Was he mislead? It would be the most basic trap of all time if he was.
He was hardly going to go on the run ffs.

He instructed his solicitor to contact the PSNI on the matter sometime before 25th March according to this:  http://www.theirishworld.com/?p=7102

Here he is speaking to RTE 'on his way to meet' the PSNI: http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2014/0430/20571325-sinn-fein-president-gerry-adams-being-interviewed-by-psni/

The timing looks to be his. If he stayed down south until after the election he would not be 'on the run'.
MWWSI 2017